Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,837 members, 7,886,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:19 AM

The First Obatala Was An Igbo Prince From Nri - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The First Obatala Was An Igbo Prince From Nri (1498 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Confirms Eze Chima Obatala Migrated From Ife To Benin To Igbo Land / Igbos Are From The Lineage Of Obatala- Ooni Of Ife(video) / Ooni Of Ife Spotted At The Spiritual Obatala Temple In Osun State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Obatala Was An Igbo Prince From Nri by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 05, 2019
"At Igbodefender.com, we have spent years insisting that the Obatalas are Igbo and the Aborigines of Ile Ife are Igbo. Some didn’t believe.

"Well, the Ooni of Ife has come out to confirm just that. Watch the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSrkMZP71B4

'You will hear when he confirmed Igbos as coming from Obatala.

"The First Obatala
However, prominent historian Prince Charles Offokaja wrote in his work “History Of The Igbo World” (https://www.amazon.com/History-Igbo-World-Ancient-Civilization-ebook/dp/B01K4AIUO8) that the first Obatala was a prince of NRI whose mum was wrongly accused of a crime she didn’t commit.

'After the truth came out, the then king of NRI compensated her son with an Ilu (Equianoist mission to expand through journey).

'The mission now journeyed and founded Uhe as a place for ‘Ile Ife’ (place to trade). Obatala literally means “He has come in“, as in ‘O bata la).

'Obatala Lineage Ancient And Modern
Famous Obatalas include ObalufonI and Obalufon II. The Obatala dynasty still exists today in Ife and other parts of Southern Nigeria. In Ife, the Obatala Dynasty has ceded imperial rule to the Yoruba Oduduwa Dynasty led by Ooni of Ife, but they still play a significant role in Ife.

'Professor Suzanne Preston Blier of Havard citing Omotosho Eluyemi, has also found the same Ife-Nri link.'

Source: http://www.igbodefender.com/2019/04/05/the-first-obatala-was-an-igbo-prince-from-nri/
Re: The First Obatala Was An Igbo Prince From Nri by Naija9090: 6:43am On Apr 05, 2019
Oni is learned. I didn't know he was this learned!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Obatala Was An Igbo Prince From Nri by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 05, 2019
Naija9090:
Ooni is learned. I didn't know he was this learned!

Ooni is a ruler of great wisdom!
God Bless Ooni of Ife
God Bless descendants of Oduduwa and Obatala
God Bless Yoruba
God Bless Igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Obatala Was An Igbo Prince From Nri by Chicagoesontop: 6:53am On Apr 05, 2019
I even heard that Jacob passed through that Nri River , and it is recorded in the Bible too, so Ooni is not far from the truth !!

1 Like

Re: The First Obatala Was An Igbo Prince From Nri by Born2Breed(f): 7:04am On Apr 05, 2019
Lol. grin grin grin

If this will unite these two tribes(Igbo n Yoruba) that loves and hates each other with passion then so be it.

BTW, Uhe is what the Benin's calls Ile-Ife.

According to our oral history it was Uhe the Prince of Igodomigodo went to and he actually named it ilefe (I survived).

1 Like

Re: The First Obatala Was An Igbo Prince From Nri by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 05, 2019
Born2Breed:
Lol. grin grin grin

If this will unite these two tribes(Igbo n Yoruba) that loves and hates each other with passion then so be it.

BTW, Uhe is what the Benin's calls Ile-Ife.

According to our oral history it was Uhe the Prince of Igodomigodo went to and he actually named it ilefe (I survived).
Wow! This corellates with the original post. I guess those ancient Bini people know about how the first Obatala and his mum survived persecution before being compensated with an ilu that turned out to be Ile Ife.

By the way, according to the book above, Eze Chima was one of the Obatala princes who chose to leave Ife with a large number of followers after Oduduwa initially displaced Obatala.

By tradition, he was both a prince of Ife and titular prince of Benin invited by Igodomigodo to govern them - this invitation from Igidomigodo to Uhe is confirmed by Prince Edun Akenzua of Edo. It was Ogiso Owodo that brought in the era of Oviedo or Benin rule when the Benin people decided to end the arrangement.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

African Americans About Their Hair And Skin / Origins Of The Vampire / Delta People Please Help Me. EDUCATE ME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.