Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,692 members, 7,882,337 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:21 PM

Shutter Island Is Crap - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Shutter Island Is Crap (1282 Views)

NTA24 Sports! Piece Of Crap!!! / Can Someone Please Explain What Shutter Island Is All About ? / Deal Or No Deal Nigeria (crap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shutter Island Is Crap by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 10, 2010
Just getting halfway and this movie is just pure nonsense. Very cheap thriller with boring plots.
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by obinna5000(m): 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2010
@babaearly
Watch "Shutter Island" to the end and get confused.  cheesy  grin
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by Mobinga: 6:09am On Sep 11, 2010
secondededed
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by vescucci(m): 9:01am On Sep 11, 2010
Why are y'all sounding apologetic? Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder abeg.
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by vescucci(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2010
. . . . . and this one's got cataracts
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by darkman200: 9:10am On Sep 11, 2010
crappiest movie of the year!!!
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by obinna5000(m): 9:24am On Sep 11, 2010
'Shutter Island' is still better than 'Who killed Captain Alex' and 'Kajola'. cheesy
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by kobikwelu(m): 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2010
different strokes for different folks,

me thinks it was a cool movie

the kind that makes ur head spin like a carousel

a wonderful , thriller with so many twists, for the mature thinkin mind
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by googles: 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2010
shocked shocked shocked

Shutter island is a great movie. Complex yea, but great
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by OM3G5(m): 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2010
A BIT COMPLEX, YES BUT ITS ONE OF THE MOST BRILLIANT WELL-CRAFTED PSYCHO-THRILLER I HAVE EVER WATCHED SINCE "IDENTITY" starring John Cusack and "TWISTED" starring Samuel L. Jackson and Ashley Judd".

IF I WERE ASK TO RATE IT, I'D GIVEN IT: 8/10

kobikwelu:

a wonderful , thriller with so many twists, for the mature thinkin mind

Yeah for the mature mind and not for crappy nollywood drenched movie goers
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by vescucci(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2010
It was very good jare. I'm hesitant to call it complicated cuz EVERYTHING was accounted for in the end. Not complex. Surprising, maybe.
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by obinna5000(m): 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2010
@vescucci
Whether complex or surprising, "Shutter Island" is still better than "Kajola" and "Who killed Captain Alex".  cheesy

The movie is even based on a novel of the same name by Dennis Lehane. Dennis Lehane is also the author of "Mystic River" and "Gone Baby Gone".

[size=2pt]Rachel Solando. Creepy.[/size]  shocked
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by spikedcylinder: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2010
I even preferred Shutter Island to Inception.
Obinna, is Mystic River the one with Sean Penn in it?
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by obinna5000(m): 11:51pm On Sep 11, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I even preferred Shutter Island to Inception.

"Inception" is better than "Shutter Island" if you ask me.

spikedcylinder:

Obinna, is Mystic River the one with Sean Penn in it?

Yeah!!
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by spikedcylinder: 8:00am On Sep 12, 2010
obinna5000:

"Inception" is better than "Shutter Island" if you ask me.

Yeah!!

That's why I hate it when people hype movies for me. I go to the cinemas with so much expectations and end up not getting wowed.
I preferred Shutter Island.

Obinna, when are we going to watch N500 movie at Ozone na? grin
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 12, 2010
now i'm convinced that movie was a dud. Never made sense, just see how it ends. There was not even an applause in the Full Cinema hall.
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by spikedcylinder: 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2010
^^^^
You started watching it Sept 10 and finished today? tongue grin

It wasn't that bad jor but I prefer Shutter Island. cheesy
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by obinna5000(m): 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2010
babaearly:

now i'm convinced that movie was a dud. Never made sense, just see how it ends.  There was not even an applause in the Full Cinema hall.

@babaearly
Is it "Shutter Island" or "Inception"? I watched "Inception" when it premiered in Nigeria on July 30 at Ozone cinemas and there was massive applause for it. But then again, people don't applaud films at the end in Nigeria. I remember when I went to see "Ije" and "Salt". They were pretty good but then again no applause.

One thing you have to understand is that people have a peculiar tastes in movies.

Some people like films that there's massive killings from beginning to end while some don't.  cheesy
Stay cool.  wink

@spikedcylinder
Ozone cinemas no dey charge N500 per movie.  cheesy Na N1000.
Na only Genesis Cinemas dey charge N500.

No interesting film for Naija cinema at the moment. I've seen "Inception", "Ije", "Salt", "The Karate Kid" and "The A-Team".
I'm not interested in "Step Up 3" or "Vampires Suck".

I wonder why we're comparing "Shutter Island" with "Inception"? Compare "Shutter Island" with "12 Monkeys" or "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by obinna5000(m): 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2010
INCEPTION
Rotten Tomatoes - 87%
Flixster - 93%
Metacritic - 74/100
Nairaland Movie Club- 85%
Yahoo Movies Users rating - A-

SHUTTER ISLAND
Rotten Tomatoes - 67%
Flixster - 73%
Metacritic - 63/100
Nairaland Movie Club- Not yet
Yahoo Movies Users rating - B
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by Vieira(m): 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2010
Shutter Island is a very good film
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by Mobinga: 11:41am On Sep 13, 2010
Why is the movie looking like some 1960's drama?? I have it on my pc but never bothered to watch it
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 14, 2010
Mobinga:

Why is the movie looking like some 1960's[b] drama[/b]?? I have it on my pc but never bothered to watch it
shocked shocked
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by Kay17: 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2010
I really love the climax, when everything just turned around. Also watching it the second time, the conclusion drawn the first time smoothly flows.
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by Kay17: 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2010
Like when Leon landed on the island, he asked why the guards were nervous. Having watched it before; the guards were actually afraid of him!
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by OM3G5(m): 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2010
Mobinga:

Why is the movie looking like some 1960's drama?? I have it on my pc but never bothered to watch it

Because the movie setting is based on that era!. So because of that, you didn't watch it, you should have deleted it instead, daft.

Talk as if you are among the few naijas who buys official genuine dvd movies, if not for the internet where people download latest movie nowadays, you would have probably paid to watch it @ a cinema, then afterwards we can hear your complain if you loathe the film that much.
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by OM3G5(m): 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2010
Mobinga:

Shutter Island is a v. cool flick i'd like to re-watch every 3 months
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by spikedcylinder: 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2010
O.M.3.G.4.:

Because the movie setting is based on that era!. So because of that, you didn't watch it, you should have deleted it instead, daft.

Talk as if you are among the few naijas who buys official genuine dvd movies, if not for the internet where people download latest movie nowadays, you would have probably paid to watch it @ a cinema, then afterwards we can hear your complain if you loathe the film that much.

Nawa o. The guy vex you before?
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by polyphasic: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2010
I don't think so . You might have some diff taste of movies then otherwise movie is appreciated by everyone.
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by OM3G5(m): 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2010
polyphasic:

I don't think so . You might have some diff taste of movies then otherwise movie is appreciated by everyone.

No be everybody dey appreciate movies o, I know people wey hate DaVinci Code pass Igodo, some people just don't know it's not all movies they can comprehend, even me gon sef. Some oyinbo flick you have to have pre-knowledge about some subjects in other to even get an inkling of what the movie is about. Knowledge ranging from history to paranormal sciences. I can reference so many flicks i bet you polyphasic wouldn't even grasp the message even if you research it later on.

spikedcylinder:

Nawa o. The guy vex you before?

No d guy no even vex me at all, but the way im tak talk imply say Shutter Island na crap movie, na dat small vex i take address am, and before i forget sef, Spiky, i made references to you in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-396243.800.html#msg6773301 you con disappear like that, you better go there go reappear, where davidylan dey gon sef, make i go find am cos i get gift for 2 of una
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by spikedcylinder: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2010
I've seen the thread. Utterly confused.
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by OM3G5(m): 7:02pm On Sep 19, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I've seen the thread. Utterly confused.

utterly confused about what?
Re: Shutter Island Is Crap by spikedcylinder: 9:49pm On Sep 19, 2010
About your references to me.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS From The Gods Are Still Not To Blame PREMIERE / MTN Project Fame Wild Card / Who's Your Favourite Comic Superhero?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.