Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,061 members, 7,949,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

Joseph Yobo: I Slept With 2013 AFCON Trophy By My Side In My Room - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joseph Yobo: I Slept With 2013 AFCON Trophy By My Side In My Room (508 Views)

AFCON Trophy Missing At CAF Headquarters In Egypt / Joseph Yobo Celebrates His Son, Joey 9th Birthday, Shares Adorable Photos / Joseph Yobo Visits His Mother In Port Harcourt (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo: I Slept With 2013 AFCON Trophy By My Side In My Room by reportminds: 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
Former Super Eagles captain Joseph Yobo talks about winning the 2013 AFCON, reaching the 100-cap milestone for Nigeria, Merseyside derby and the Eagles’ chances at Egypt 2019 in this interview with ’TANA AIYEJINA.

In a part of the excerpt, he talked about his feeling after lifting the Afcon in 2013.

You are just one of three captains to have lifted the AFCON trophy. What did it feel like lifting up the trophy in South Africa six years ago?

Yobo said: I can’t quantify; words can’t put it together. Everything that I did for the country, every game that I played, six AFCONs, three World Cups showed that I wasn’t a fringe player. But people were saying, ‘Joe, you haven’t won the Nations Cup for the country.’ I can’t do it by myself. So, winning it eventually was the biggest moment for me. And I will tell you today what I haven’t said before – I didn’t want to leave it; that trophy actually slept in my room. So, I having it, was like someone looking for a child for 14 years. It meant everything. Apart from God and my family, that was everything for me.

http://www.reportminds.com/2019/04/joseph-yobo-i-slept-with-2013-afcon.html?m=1

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Joseph Yobo: I Slept With 2013 AFCON Trophy By My Side In My Room by ojun50(m): 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
Nothing wey person no dey hear

(1) (Reply)

Madagascar Impress In Draw With Guinea / Man Utd Set For Deadline Day Transfer Of Defender. / Arsenals' Strange Transfer Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.