Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,980 members, 7,899,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 01:12 PM

Did They Suddenly Become Greener? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Did They Suddenly Become Greener? (1045 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did They Suddenly Become Greener? by sichri(m): 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
In recent times, a lot of doctors, bankers and other professionals have fled the shores of Nigeria for greener pastures in Canada, Australia and other parts of the world.

No doubts, Nigeria is a tough place to live, judging by such indices as life expectancy, poverty ratio, social justice, etc. But in the midst of all these woes lies huge opportunities waiting to be tapped for personal and societal good. Sadly, while our people are seeking ways to leave the country, the Chinese and Indians are moving in to harness the opportunities the gap in health, transportation, food, construction, just to mention a few sectors have offered.

It is never a bad idea to look for better opportunities and a better life elsewhere. However, the question is, did those lands and their grasses just become greener by default? No! They are watered by deliberate efforts of citizens. People who: speak up against bad government, press for good governance through protest, and at times with their blood. At other times, citizens make sacrifices they may not directly benefit from, but for the good of future generations. We have the likes of Martin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela, etc who stood and fought for what many people are enjoying today.

We all owe this beloved country and future generations a duty to develop this nation.

This is the land of my birth, and I will never run away!

2 Likes

Re: Did They Suddenly Become Greener? by GMbuharii: 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2019
Mental
grin
Re: Did They Suddenly Become Greener? by gustav25: 9:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
sichri:
In recent times, a lot of doctors, bankers and other professionals have fled the shores of Nigeria for greener pastures in Canada, Australia and other parts of the world.

No doubts, Nigeria is a tough place to live, judging by such indices as life expectancy, poverty ratio, social justice, etc. But in the midst of all these woes lies huge opportunities waiting to be tapped for personal and societal good. Sadly, while our people are seeking ways to leave the country, the Chinese and Indians are moving in to harness the opportunities the gap in health, transportation, food, construction, just to mention a few sectors have offered.

It is never a bad idea to look for better opportunities and a better life elsewhere. However, the question is, did those lands and their grasses just became greener by default? No! They are watered by deliberate efforts of citizens. People who: speak up against bad government, press for good governance through protest, and at times with their blood. At other times, citizens make sacrifices they may not directly benefit from, but for the good of future generations. We have the likes of Martin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela, etc who stood and fought for what many people are enjoying today.

We all owe this beloved country and future generations a duty to develop this nation.

See , e consign you ... We no wan stay ,no be by force
Re: Did They Suddenly Become Greener? by izzou(m): 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2019
grin

Lets stop lying to ourselves that every single profession can survive any terrain. Have you seen a Canadian doctor working in a General hospital in Nigeria?

A plant will grow when it had access to water and sunlight. It doesnt mean any amount of water or sunlight does the magic. Too much or too little will kill it

Nigeria is not providing the atmosphere for professionals to stay and even improve it. I worked for a company that uses generator for 19 hours everyday. Because of the instability of power, they use a gen and guess who pays for this extra cost? The end user

You can motivate yourself to make it here. It's absolutely fine. But don't ever tell yourself that those who leave are wrong. They are absolutely right, sir

2 Likes

Re: Did They Suddenly Become Greener? by Trenton: 6:56am On Apr 08, 2019
different strokes for different folks,
Re: Did They Suddenly Become Greener? by hartson(m): 5:34pm On Apr 09, 2019
sichri:

It is never a bad idea to look for better opportunities and a better life elsewhere. However, the question is, did those lands and their grasses just became greener by default? No! They are watered by deliberate efforts of citizens. People who: speak up against bad government, press for good governance through protest, and at times with their blood. At other times, citizens make sacrifices they may not directly benefit from, but for the good of future generations. We have the likes of Martin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela, etc who stood and fought for what many people are enjoying today.

story story.When I return from diaspora and I drive pass you inside my G wagon machine don't grumble oo. grin

1 Like

Re: Did They Suddenly Become Greener? by Ugosample(m): 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2019
sichri:

interesting story cheesy
Re: Did They Suddenly Become Greener? by Ugosample(m): 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2019
izzou:
grin

Lets stop lying to ourselves that every single profession can survive any terrain. Have you seen a Canadian doctor working in a General hospital in Nigeria?

A plant will grow when it had access to water and sunlight. It doesnt mean any amount of water or sunlight does the magic. Too much or too little will kill it

Nigeria is not providing the atmosphere for professionals to stay and even improve it. I worked for a company that uses generator for 19 hours everyday. Because of the instability of power, they use a gen and guess who pays for this extra cost? The end user

You can motivate yourself to make it here. It's absolutely fine. But don't ever tell yourself that those who leave are wrong. They are absolutely right, sir

no mind am

a country that aboki want to dominate and lead by force

even when they are clearly not qualified to

And the south acting stupid. .is this a country that has a future?

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Did They Suddenly Become Greener? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2019
Did..........Become greener?
Re: Did They Suddenly Become Greener? by BusinessHub1: 9:44am On Apr 10, 2019
My brother, just forget it, no matter how water Nigeria or the amount of water used in the irrigation, the grass will NEVER become greener! It’s a dead grass.

(1) (Reply)

Number Of Iranians Turned Back At US Airports Is Growing, Nigeria Is Next! / Lost Enrollment Number For International Passport / A Side Of Ghana I Never Knew Existed! (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.