Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,981 members, 7,931,391 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 01:23 AM

Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? (32401 Views)

Where Is Lagos Is The Best To Buy Land With N30million? / Is Lagos Still No Man's Land ? / Pls I Need a room/ self contain Accommodation In Areas Close To Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by IvarTheTerrible: 8:57am On Apr 08, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Anyone living on a man made island in Nigeria is on his own. Believe me. Let them be building artificial island that will sink in 5 decades.

The nature made islands in Lagos are a time bomb less the artificial islands constructed by wacky Lebanese and outcast engineers from Europe.

Richdad

Don't worry. You can't ever afford it so don't worry your little head about it grin

Your ilk are not included in the target audience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by omoteacher(m): 8:58am On Apr 08, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

One company I worked with around 2015 did the reclamation work of oranje island along ikate river ( Van Oord dredging). One of the best company to work in this Naija.
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by quincyshakur(m): 8:58am On Apr 08, 2019
Lagos Island can neva go Banana instead it will go Plantain cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:59am On Apr 08, 2019
All this island and housing project of a thing embarked by government are simply for the rich. If you want to rent a flat, all you need to pay is at least N1m

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:01am On Apr 08, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Anyone living on a man made island in Nigeria is on his own. Believe me. Let them be building artificial island that will sink in 5 decades.

The nature made islands in Lagos are a time bomb less the artificial islands constructed by wacky Lebanese and outcast engineers from Europe.

Richdad

You got me ROFL at 'wacky Lebanese' grin

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by castrol180(m): 9:01am On Apr 08, 2019
Show me one from iPob land
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by sacajawea: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2019
Can't Quality Construction and Housing be Done Elsewhere? Why go to where Is Not Necessary and Start Literally Creating Nonsense
This Lagos And Nigerian Leaders Get serious Mental Problems

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by djon78(m): 9:09am On Apr 08, 2019
Gucciboss:
A country that cannot set her priority right. Sinking billions in ocean when the entire country cannot boast of 8 hours power supply daily.

Spit on the head of Nigerian leaders

That is it
I shake my head for the gross stupidity
Misplaced priority indeed
Moreover those estates are completely over priced and a waste of money

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by lereinter(m): 9:11am On Apr 08, 2019
Honor10:
Lagos is a country inside Nigeria state.

God bless the past and present leaders of Lagos.
God bless the SW of Nigeria
God bless Yoruba land
God bless Nigeria.

The article isn't a celebration of Lagos rather the effects if any of proliferation of man made islands in Lagos

It's look at environmental and economic impact

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by Topmaike007(m): 9:11am On Apr 08, 2019
more pics needed
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by cosse(m): 9:13am On Apr 08, 2019
Unlimitk:
Davido's dad is an amazing engineer
u av bin noticed......oya goan sit down

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by kunleweb: 9:14am On Apr 08, 2019
Nice
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by Lules(f): 9:15am On Apr 08, 2019
slimdamatrix1:

Transportation!

The fact that transportation is such a chore, regardless of if you have your own vehicle or not, makes living in Lagos rather hectic.

Oh water too. It is rather strange, that Lagos with all its water, experiences water shortages or sometimes dirty water - even on the island.

Abuja is where my heart is, as long as Nigeria is concerned.
the same thing too
I prefer Abuja to Lagos
and in this era of global warming,this reclaiming of Land is somehow,what of water surges,or God forbid something else happens

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by folake4u(f): 9:20am On Apr 08, 2019
dominique:
Can they suppress the water for so long that it will not overflow it's banks?

God cannot be mocked smiley
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by OnyesomJ(m): 9:20am On Apr 08, 2019
Nature will soon Reclaim it

If heavy Rain fall for 2wks you won’t recognize it again
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:23am On Apr 08, 2019
Naughtysite:
Make money and you won't have time to examine other people's money.
cheesy

Hmmm
I love this.... U just made my morning bro
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by do4luv14(m): 9:23am On Apr 08, 2019
Re-claiming land, instead of putting in place a measure, to prevent flooding and, the oceans from claiming more land,

the are busy creating island ,left right and center,

am sure there is no meaningful measure in place for the oceans return,

cos you can't claim natures land, and nature will be applauding you,
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:28am On Apr 08, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:

Don't worry. You can't ever afford it so don't worry your little head about it grin

Your ilk are not included in the target audience

gringringrin

See finishing.. u dey mind that rich , sorry I mean poor Dad. grin
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by kevoh(m): 9:29am On Apr 08, 2019
Orange, Banana, Periwinkle really? So no good Lagos yoruba names could be used? Na wa ooo!

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 08, 2019
Honor10:
Lagos is a country inside Nigeria state.

God bless the past and present leaders of Lagos.
God bless the SW of Nigeria
God bless Yoruba land
God bless Nigeria.

Igbo Amaka grin

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 08, 2019
winterfell007:
Lagos is still far behind Nairobi, Johannesburg and Cairo. It'll take another decade before we can even start competing with them

Dey there dey deceive itself, comparing Lagos to villages grin

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by SouthSouth1914: 9:36am On Apr 08, 2019
Gucciboss:
A country that cannot set her priority right. Sinking billions in ocean when the entire country cannot boast of 8 hours power supply daily.

Spit on the head of Nigerian leaders

This is deep
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 08, 2019
Those calling Lagos a country,
after the ice in the polar region has finished melting due to climate changes, and flowed into the ocean
thus enabling the ocean to overflow in to the land,
I wonder what you will be saying then.

All I am saying, i hope climate changes was given proper consideration.
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by naturefellow(m): 9:48am On Apr 08, 2019
ednut1:
Iyana oworo dey for poor man grin
sounds so bitter
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by naturefellow(m): 9:49am On Apr 08, 2019
Good read!
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by jaxxy(m): 9:49am On Apr 08, 2019
I have said this before, having a bunch of highbrow estates or islands doesn’t exactly interpret to meaningful development without out the right ideas/concept for how it becomes a viable investment/project. There are many of these private islands all about the state doing nothing bt occupying space.

If eko Atlantic or any of the new islands have no tourism value. It is another waste of space and money once again. Just another habitat for the rich which is obviously under utilized. That’s how Dubai or top intl cities work.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by Born2Breed(f): 9:54am On Apr 08, 2019
Even if it will sink. Let's enjoy it while it last. Living in the island is still more secure and peaceful than suburbs.

Reclamation is advancement, Dubai n co are doing it. We all know how Maroko(Osborn) was in the late 80's to early 90's.
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by Gandollaar(f): 9:54am On Apr 08, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad

Ahhhhhhhhh

Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by okafor200(m): 9:54am On Apr 08, 2019
Why is it only strictly for the rich?
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by MarianaTrench: 9:57am On Apr 08, 2019
slimdamatrix1:
I'm afraid I'm still frightened at the thought of actually living in Lagos, island or not.

I can only visit, tops - "two weeks and I'm out.

Kudos to those living in Lagos.

You're not yet ready to make 'real' money!
Re: Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? by Athena4: 9:57am On Apr 08, 2019
slimdamatrix1:

Transportation!

The fact that transportation is such a chore, regardless of if you have your own vehicle or not, makes living in Lagos rather hectic.

Oh water too. It is rather strange, that Lagos with all its water, experiences water shortages or sometimes dirty water - even on the island.

Abuja is where my heart is, as long as Nigeria is concerned.
Lol. The problems of Lagos pass transportation.The aggression there is enough to power Nigeria forever if it could be converted to electricity.Abuja is great, not as lively but a good place to settle if you want serenity.The Sun Sha is something else.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Land Banking? #unregretful Investment / Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat / 2-storey Building Collapses In Ojuelegba, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.