Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,861 members, 7,909,230 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 08:18 PM

Insomnia... - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Insomnia... (4399 Views)

Insomnia / Cure For Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Body Pains Etc. / One Way You Can Overcome Insomnia (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insomnia... by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2019
sisisioge:
Let me mention seeex. Got a steady body beside you? You will sleep!

What's the new big thing you're trying to chase? We get unconsciously stressed by the need to get it done asap hence stay awake most of the nights without realizing why?

You just changed house/jobs?

That simple reason has been stealing at least 3 hours off my sleep for close to 4months now.

Pele.

Eeyah sorry dear. grin

I think you need the seexx therapy too. 4 months is pretty long grin
Re: Insomnia... by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
MissRaine69:
How do fellow insomniacs cope?
I can stay awake for three days easily, not keen to explore pharmaceuticals been down that road it causes more problems than its worth.
Ideas welcome.

At adolescence, my sleep became about 4 hours a day. During my university days, it became 3 hours per day. If I sleep for 2 hours during the day, I would sleep for 1 hour at night to make my exact 3 hours per day sleep. I met the consultant endocrinologist at a teaching hospital, who concluded that I was wired that way at birth.

My sleep came back to normal when I took a job in which I sat in front of computer during the day. Even now that I'm no longer working with computers, mere working on laptop for about 2 hours would force me to sleep irrespective of the time of the day.

But I must stay away from any drug in my body system. That means whenever I treat ailments like malaria, insomnia comes back till whenever I'm done with the drugs. Now my body treats beverages, alcohol and any other thing apart from edible food as drug or chemicals.

Meditation didn't help me. Working my azz out during the day didn't help me. My spiritual capabilities didn't help me.

No any proven solution to insomnia... You will one day overcome it by chance.

My perception of you over the years is that you're a kind of person who thinks she is not under any obligation to feel other people's pains, and who wants others not to feel same about you. But this post of yours betrayed who I think you are.

Before my conclusion about who you are, I had started seeing you as a symbol of what an ideal wife should be (I fantasized about you for years), but like an ideal gas (recall in Chemistry that ideal gas never exists) ideal wife or ideal husband is a mirage. My marriage taught me a lot of things.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
Tehila07:

At adolescence, my sleep became about 4 hours a day. During my university days, it became 3 hours per day. If I sleep for 2 hours during the day, I would sleep for 1 hour at night to make my exact 3 hours per day sleep. I met the consultant endocrinologist at a teaching hospital, who concluded that I was wired that way at birth.

My sleep came back to normal when I took a job in which I sat in front of computer during the day. Even now that I'm no longer working with computers, mere working on laptop for about 2 hours would force me to sleep irrespective of the time of the day.

But I must stay away from any drug in my body system. That means whenever I treat ailments like malaria, insomnia comes back till whenever I'm done with the drugs. Now my body treats beverages, alcohol and any other thing apart from edible food as drug or chemicals.

Meditation didn't help me. Working my azz out during the day didn't help me. My spiritual capabilities didn't help me.

No any proven solution to insomnia... You will one day overcome it by chance.

My perception of you over the years is that you're a kind of person who thinks she is not under any obligation to feel other people's pains, and who wants others not to feel same about you. But this post of yours betrayed who I think you are.

Before my conclusion about who you are, I had started seeing you as a symbol of what an ideal wife should be (I fantasized about you for years), but like an ideal gas (recall in Chemistry that ideal gas never exists) ideal wife or ideal husband is a mirage. My marriage taught me a lot of things.
I don’t know if I should be confused, offended, surprised, hurt, shrug it off or feel everything.
The bottom line is you know absolutely nothing about me. Posting here offers only a speck of who I am and yet you reached conclusions based on what exactly?
Anyway thank you for whatever that was as I am undecided as whether it’s advice or criticism.

2 Likes

Re: Insomnia... by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 14, 2019
MissRaine69:

I don’t know if I should be confused, offended, surprised, hurt, shrug it off or feel everything.
The bottom line is you know absolutely nothing about me. Posting here offers only a speck of who I am and yet you reached conclusions based on what exactly?
Anyway thank you for whatever that was as I am undecided as whether it’s advice or criticism.

Don't be offended. Trust me, I'm a fan of yours (I used that sentence, though it is self-patronising). If you ever communicated with people you met on nairaland outside nairaland, I'm one of them. It's natural for you to want to know who I am exactly, but there is no need to... You didn't give me chance to apologize to you when you felt I encroached upon your private space of human responsiveness.

What you write in cyberspace might be a tip of your colossal figure, but some of us have more than two eyes... And when I say you are not known to feel people's pain, my definition of PAIN might be something harmless in natural justice.
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 10:25am On Apr 15, 2019
Tehila07:

Don't be offended. Trust me, I'm a fan of yours (I used that sentence, though it is self-patronising). If you ever communicated with people you met on nairaland outside nairaland, I'm one of them. It's natural for you to want to know who I am exactly, but there is no need to... You didn't give me chance to apologize to you when you felt I encroached upon your private space of human responsiveness.

What you write in cyberspace might be a tip of your colossal figure, but some of us have more than two eyes... And when I say you are not known to feel people's pain, my definition of PAIN might be something harmless in natural justice.
All I can say is what you think you know and is are two parallel lines, the two will never meet.
Re: Insomnia... by y3mi(m): 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2019
MissRaine69:
I can stay awake for three days easily, not keen to explore pharmaceuticals been down that road it causes more problems than its worth.
Ideas welcome.
Continual listening to Insomniac Dream by Adema can do trick. Thank me later
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
y3mi:
Continual listening to Insomniac Dream by Adema can do trick. Thank me later
That type of music will make feel homicidal and that is not really ideal in my line of work.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by finalboss(m): 5:34pm On Apr 15, 2019
MissRaine69:
Ideas welcome.
angry i don't sleep
Re: Insomnia... by Onnasucs1(m): 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2019
MissRaine69:

That type of music will make feel homicidal and that is not really ideal in my line of work.
Hi, i sent you a pm. Can you kindly reply?
Re: Insomnia... by ositadima1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
MissRaine69:

Hi, I have insomnia too. The worst ever, I have had mine for years, it's now more like a on/off thing.

I found a cure, at least it works for me, go on YouTube, search for binaural beats and listen to it when you are ready for sleep. There are several sounds, so you can select the one that is most effective.
Re: Insomnia... by zexy2030(m): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
MissRaine69:
Ideas welcome.

take an aloevera juice with honey then watch something boring like repeated news or read a boring tiny print books...it's not all sex that triggers sleep..natural therapy and mind reprogramming.
Re: Insomnia... by y3mi(m): 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
MissRaine69:

I was just kidding, but it interesting to know that you're susceptible.

WOW!!! Can't believe there are people who can be influenced by music, I listen to most genres; emo, goth, alt. & hard rock and none for once has ever exerted any effect on me nor shaped my personality.

No wonder Eminem ryhmed, "they say music alter moods and talks to you, well next time you draw a gun and assault a dude, just tell the judge it's my fault and I'll get sued..."
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2019
y3mi:
I was just kidding, but it interesting to know that you're susceptible.

WOW!!! Can't believe there are people who can be influenced by music, I listen to most genres; emo, goth, alt. & hard rock and none for once has ever exerted any effect on me nor shaped my personality.

No wonder Eminem ryhmed, "they say music alter moods and talks to you, well next time you draw a gun and assault a dude, just tell the judge it's my fault and I'll get sued..."
Smh
You were joking and I was being sarcastic.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
zexy2030:

take an aloevera juice with honey then watch something boring like repeated news or read a boring tiny print books...it's not all sex that triggers sleep..natural therapy and mind reprogramming.
Who finds news boring?
Reading will not trigger sleep at all. I love to read worse case scenario I will finish that book and then it will be morning which would so defeat the purpose.
Will try the juice what quantity am I looking at and how much honey?
Specifics would help tremendously

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by y3mi(m): 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2019
MissRaine69:

Smh
You were joking and I was being sarcastic.
How was I to sense sarcasm in your reply when in fact there are those who have claimed certain music can drive some to do things.
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2019
y3mi:
How was I to sense sarcasm in your reply when in fact there are those who have claimed certain music can drive some to do things.
I am not that way inclined.....

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by Originalsly: 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2019
Not sure if it's insomnia... since you been functioning quite well for yearsss on few hours' sleep. I don't think it's a problem if the sleep is regular. Our bodies are all different ... I guess pretty much the same way we process food... where some people can sit each day and eat a whole cow for lunch and ice cream for dessert..... but remain skinny... while others if they dare eat half of a mouse for lunch followed by a candy for dessert would quickly be competing with elephant for size. It depends on your body metabolism with food... so I'm guessing it's similar with sleep. For yearsss... 5 hours sleep is fine with me. Experts say 8 is fine... I forced myself to do 8 on two occasions..... got sick after on each. I'll stick to my 5. If you are comfortable with 3... then that's your number... don't try regulating nature.
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
Originalsly:
Not sure if it's insomnia... since you been functioning quite well for yearsss on few hours' sleep. I don't think it's a problem if the sleep is regular. Our bodies are all different ... I guess pretty much the same way we process food... where some people can sit each day and eat a whole cow for lunch and ice cream for dessert..... but remain skinny... while others if they dare eat half of a mouse for lunch followed by a candy for dessert would quickly be competing with elephant for size. It depends on your body metabolism with food... so I'm guessing it's similar with sleep. For yearsss... 5 hours sleep is fine with me. Experts say 8 is fine... I forced myself to do 8 on two occasions..... got sick after on each. I'll stick to my 5. If you are comfortable with 3... then that's your number... don't try regulating nature.
The issue is I can have 2-3 years of sleeping 3-4 hours maximum I have no issues with work or anything and then I have the odd 3-4 months when I do sleep my usual 3-4 hours and feel wretched. I won’t be functioning at all. This happens every 3 or so years I really struggle to stay awake during the day and at night I am miserable. I am forced to turn to pharmaceuticals to sleep. I was diagnosed with a sleep disorder and I feel that period is coming soon.

2 Likes

Re: Insomnia... by Originalsly: 10:01pm On Apr 15, 2019
MissRaine69:

The issue is I can have 2-3 years of sleeping 3-4 hours maximum I have no issues with work or anything and then I have the odd 3-4 months when I do sleep my usual 3-4 hours and feel wretched. I won’t be functioning at all. This happens every 3 or so years I really struggle to stay awake during the day and at night I am miserable. I am forced to turn to pharmaceuticals to sleep. I was diagnosed with a sleep disorder and I feel that period is coming soon.

Hmmm....I guess everything about life has to do with cycles! If it gets that bad during this phase... maybe sex is the solution... your body just been protesting....and I'm in no way suggesting you grab the nearest guy...like the one above...or the one below... you still need a guy like me who ehmmm...sorry...back to the point. If you must use something... let it not be pharmaceuticals... try weed... natural unadulterated weed.... weed tea. Side effect.... opened appetite!
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 10:42pm On Apr 15, 2019
Originalsly:

Hmmm....I guess everything about life has to do with cycles! If it gets that bad during this phase... maybe sex is the solution... your body just been protesting....and I'm in no way suggesting you grab the nearest guy...like the one above...or the one below... you still need a guy like me who ehmmm...sorry...back to the point. If you must use something... let it not be pharmaceuticals... try weed... natural unadulterated weed.... weed tea. Side effect.... opened appetite!
We are randomly drug tested at work
Weed is not an option.
I have never been one for random sex so fear not
Yes I agree excellent coitus does produce the desired result but I still wake up. And one does not want to be left unable to ambulate all in the quest for sleep shocked!

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by Originalsly: 1:17am On Apr 16, 2019
MissRaine69:

....one does not want to be left unable to ambulate all in the quest for sleep shocked!

Lol... but I never suggested marathon sex!
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 11:49am On Apr 16, 2019
Originalsly:

Lol... but I never suggested marathon sex!
What did you suggest then? Spell it out!
I am not lacking in that department anyway.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by Originalsly: 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
MissRaine69:

What did you suggest then? Spell it out!
I am not lacking in that department anyway.

Not lacking was clear in earlier comments.... suggesting more often may help.
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
Originalsly:

Not lacking was clear in earlier comments.... suggesting more often may help.
Anymore and I will be walking sideways
Re: Insomnia... by Originalsly: 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2019
MissRaine69:

grin grin grin noooooooo!..... we don't want more of that!.... literal sidewinder! I give up on the whole sex therapy approach!..... just see the upcoming period as bad weather...prepare to ride it out... it will soon pass... you dront need to build an ark!
Re: Insomnia... by ositadima1(m): 1:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
MissRaine69:

What about your appearance, as insomnia affected your looks yet, things like sunken eyes, dry skin, looking older.

Have you tried d binaural beats? I suggest you give it a try. I know what you feel - the drowsiness, tiredness, the nightly struggles, sometimes I just breakdown and cry.
Re: Insomnia... by Originalsly: 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2019
MissRaine69:

grin grin grin grin. Noooooo!...we don't want more of that!...wayyy too many human sidewinders! It is now crystal clear... no form of sex therapy will be effective! I now suggest you see the upcoming episode as a storm .... it comes and will go... you prepare to face it... ride it out... no need to go build an ark!
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
ositadima1:

What about your appearance, as insomnia affected your looks yet, things like sunken eyes, dry skin, looking older.

Have you tried d binaural beats? I suggest you give it a try. I know what you feel - the drowsiness, tiredness, the nightly struggles, sometimes I just breakdown and cry.
No changes in appearances at all
I do make an effort in that department good diet, skin care routine exercise, hydration and good genes
Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
Originalsly:

grin grin grin grin. Noooooo!...we don't want more of that!...wayyy too many human sidewinders! It is now crystal clear... no form of sex therapy will be effective! I now suggest you see the upcoming episode as a storm .... it comes and will go... you prepare to face it... ride it out... no need to go build an ark!
That’s what I do it’s not pleasant but it won’t kill me.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by ositadima1(m): 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
MissRaine69:

No changes in appearances at all
I do make an effort in that department good diet, skin care routine exercise, hydration and good genes

ok, but I think you are lying. You either don't have insomnia or you are in denial. No one runs on 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night without a dent.

1 Like

Re: Insomnia... by MissRaine69(f): 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
ositadima1:

ok, but I think you are lying. You either don't have insomnia or you are in denial. No one runs on 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night without a dent.
This is the issue with this forum. You asked a question I responded and you start castigating me. Your “educated” self should know not everyone sleeps 12 hours a day. I live my life so if there is anyone who is an expert on the matter, that person would be me. You clearly have not taken time to read previous posts you just come into a room shooting from the hip.
So you want me to say I look 95 years old just to satisfy your rhetoric?
Just because you have never hear of something or seen it does not mean it does not exist.
I know that I am not the only person who survives ok little sleep and it’s not an automatic given thing that one has to look haggard. Understand the term chronic.
In future there is no need to bring needles to a balloon party.
Re: Insomnia... by omoadeleye(m): 9:17pm On Apr 26, 2019
Don't drink caffeine or all these minerals, try and always find something to do or if there is nothing you can still try to always walk like more than 30 minutes every day, always try to mingle with good people and people that can never get tired of you, just always try to smile and rest your mind no matter what then always try to read some books, then, you will have no worries or anything to think at all ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Now This Faceapp Really Got Me Scared. / You Find This In Church Yard.. What Will U Do / Ogun Twitter Hangout: They've Already Full My DM- Lade Revealed After Viral Vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.