Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:51 AM

Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million (10491 Views)

CBN Injects Fresh $210m In Forex Market / Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market / Central Bank Injects $210 Million Into Currency Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by lonelydora: 6:21am On Apr 10, 2019
Jig5aw:
Artificial control of forex is never a good thing in an nations economy. The Nigerian Government is just a circus show.
Instead of enabling better production environment, for production to thrive in large economy like Nigeria and allow the market to determine the forex rates, they keep adding fertilizer to a dying plant.

I wonder what our ministers and advisers are doing

2 Likes

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by xarm(m): 6:21am On Apr 10, 2019
Good development....
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by drnelson: 6:24am On Apr 10, 2019
Hail baba

Sai baba

Sai baba

Just coming from a tread where some
Ppl were acting interlectuak and saying Naira should be floated and devaluation

Don abuse them
Fully

1 Like

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by ibietela2(m): 6:27am On Apr 10, 2019
Jig5aw:
Artificial control of forex is never a good thing in an nations economy. The Nigerian Government is just a circus show.
Instead of enabling better production environment, for production to thrive in large economy like Nigeria and allow the market to determine the forex rates, they keep adding fertilizer to a dying plant.

Soon the fertilizer will run out and we will know the true status of the plant

3 Likes

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by betwo: 6:28am On Apr 10, 2019
Ok ooo,or what should I Say.
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 10, 2019
What a country!

1 Like

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by obeycian(m): 6:34am On Apr 10, 2019
meobizy:
Lol, 13 Kobo.
At all at all naim bad pass so I can’t complain.
Oya, this is good news.
Nairalanders, post celebratory gifs.
na so my brother cos the 13kobo no be small money to some business men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by seguno2: 6:36am On Apr 10, 2019
Jig5aw:

I love your concluding analogy.
That is really a jigsaw puzzle for the wise ones to decode, understand and act upon so we don’t all end up lifeless. grin
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 10, 2019
I need to earn in dollars
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 10, 2019
Nigerians should learn forex trading, since thats where our money is going to. shocked
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by ogbuikechukwu(m): 6:56am On Apr 10, 2019
appreciate jare imagine ordinary Ghana currency cede strong pass our naira,who do we really offended
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Pentasoft1978: 7:08am On Apr 10, 2019
I pray it should climb to $500 per naira....let me make my cool money until a good president who is good in economics is voted into power. All things work together for good to those who love God, their bad government is working me... .please try a little export business and see how this lack of economic sense government will favour you.

1 Like

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Sammy07: 7:17am On Apr 10, 2019
Pentasoft1978:
I pray it should climb to $500 per naira ....let me make my cool money until a good president who is good in economics is voted into power. All things work together for good to those who love God, their bad government is working me... . please try a little export business and see how this lack of economic sense government will favour you.

With the bolded above, except you're paid in dollars & not in naira, it won't favor you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Pentasoft1978: 7:28am On Apr 10, 2019
Sammy07:

With the bolded above, except you're paid in dollars & not in naira, it won't favor you
I get my dollar through western union, why should i be paid in naira when I sell in dollar
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by SarkinYarki: 7:41am On Apr 10, 2019
Sweetcollins:
Bubu is working
Nigerians are watching...
God bless my dear country Nigeria
The labours of our heroes past shall never be in vain
Happy midweek day my nairaland kings and queens

Are you sure you understood the article at all?
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by DexterousOne(m): 8:02am On Apr 10, 2019
tiredoflife:

If what you propose is done
We may see 2000naira to a $1
We produce nothing
We consume consume and consume
We are an economy on autopilot
It will bring hyper inflation
I had one on the wages of people

It may not

It will force us to stop wasteful spending

My view.

With the currency weak
Frivolous spending will reduce drastically

But people will suffer as well

1 Like

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Dino98: 8:22am On Apr 10, 2019
GavelSlam:

What country abandons her currency without intervention ?

Did the injection of foreign currency by the CBN begin under this administration or well before you were born?

Since this administration came in, we've had a stable currency which hardly fluctuates leading to better planning by enterprise.

We've had a marked improvement in infrastructure from roads to rail to electricity.

The loans have powered a chunk of our infrastructural growth yet at the same time our external reserves have climbed steadily since 2015.

What exactly are you angry about?

What do you produce that makes you entitled to a stronger currency?

You think it's just by ranting up and down like a spoilt kid carrying the toga of entitlement?

First let me apologize...its like I struck a nerve.

if in all honesty you believe that this government with all the available resources, generated revenue, recovered loots and the 12trillion borrowed have improve on our economy and the lives of its citizens, then there is no need to argue with you.

Is there any government that came into office and didn't execute projects?? Every government before this one came into office executed infrastructural projects and other projects in one way or the other... now if you say rail, then maybe we can agree this government made that a priority for them, but there are also other areas other government made a priority, that this government have not touched. Road is a very common project for every government. Even the rail you are talking about, some were initiated by previous government...so??

Lets not lose sight of the main issue...we are saying this government claimed that they are better than previous governments and that they are coming to do better...have they??

Let's look at it....this government said they are

1) judicious spenders
2) coming to end insecurity across the country
3) fight CORRUPTION
4)improve on the economy

1) as judicious spenders, what have they done with all the 12trillion extra borrowed?? With all the recovered looted funds?? With all the generated revenue??

2)can we say the level of insecurity have increased pr reduced?? Now we have boko haram, we have bandits, we have herdsmen...go and check the number of people killed across the country from 2015 to this year and tell me how the level of security has been improved. "Technically defeated boko haram", is that it??...see people been killed like chicken everyday....

3) fight against CORRUPTION, how far?? What strides have they made?? Is it by accepting corrupt politicians into their fold?? Or looking the other way when their member is involved?? Or chasing only opposition members??....this government is even worse.

Under them we have had the worse election...since they are better are they not suppose to build on the standard of 2015?? And even raise it higher?? We saw how they used agencies like EFCC and DSS to oppress the opposition...used military and police to do their dirty work. How are they better sir??

4) can we say the economy has improved??...what's the price of fuel?? How far with the standard of living?? Are the lives of the citizens better?? How many jobs lost?? Is the ease of doing business in Nigeria better?? Are investors trooping in?? How many jobs created?? What about level of unemployment and poverty, are they increasing or reducing??

It is very simple...you came and said you are better, so we expected better.

We can argue all day...you can point out projects executed by this government and I can point out projects executed under previous government...but the main question will always be, under a Government that is better than previous governments, can it be said that the lives of the citizens are better??

If this government knew they are doing well, they should have allowed election be free and fair na, let the people decide. In fact take out the north from the equation, this government would have lost woefully.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Codes151(m): 8:30am On Apr 10, 2019
We let our economic strength and bank... overridden by illiterates and uneducated northerners.

CBN...

1 Like

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by nephemmy(m): 9:14am On Apr 10, 2019
REALLY? SERIOUSLY? NAIRA CLIMBED KEH FOR WHERE.. PLEASE STOP ABEG
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by tiredoflife(m): 9:16am On Apr 10, 2019
seguno2:

We don’t have land for farming and food to eat?
What other basic things do we need?
Did China and India become economic giants by saying “we consume, consume and consume” with artificially cheap dollars for importing what other hard working people are sweating to produce

You have been farming since 1900
What have u achieved
Do economies grow by mere farming
U need ur steel industries to function
U need power
Stop this lie about farming is the way to boost economy
Economies grow by power generation and industrialization
Not farming
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by tiredoflife(m): 9:18am On Apr 10, 2019
DexterousOne:

It may not

It will force us to stop wasteful spending

My view.

With the currency weak
Frivolous spending will reduce drastically

But people will suffer as well

It would
Before we can do this
We have to first industrialize
Create power supply
Once that is done
We won't have issues
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Theta1: 10:24am On Apr 10, 2019
Wake me up when it reach #160/$.

1 Like

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 10, 2019
Sirnuel:
for how long will continue pumping money to stabilize the naira?

Sooner or later we won't be able to keep up and everything will come crashing.

Left with me, they should allow the naira float till it stabilizes on its own. only then will we know how serious our predicament is and start to think of a way out.

All this short term fixes just won't cut it. something drastic needs to be done, and very fast too.
I don't know which is worse, these dumb thieves we call politicians or their ignorant and jobless supporters

If you float the naira get ready for 1000NGN/$1 by December.
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by GavelSlam: 10:37am On Apr 10, 2019
Dino98:

First let me apologize...its like I struck a nerve.

if in all honesty you believe that this government with all the available resources, generated revenue, recovered loots and the 12trillion borrowed have improve on our economy and the lives of its citizens, then there is no need to argue with you.

Is there any government that came into office and didn't execute projects?? Every government before this one came into office executed infrastructural projects and other projects in one way or the other... now if you say rail, then maybe we can agree this government made that a priority for them, but there are also other areas other government made a priority, that this government have not touched. Road is a very common project for every government. Even the rail you are talking about, some were initiated by previous government...so??

Lets not lose sight of the main issue...we are saying this government claimed that they are better than previous governments and that they are coming to do better...have they??

Let's look at it....this government said they are

1) judicious spenders
2) coming to end insecurity across the country
3) fight CORRUPTION
4)improve on the economy

1) as judicious spenders, what have they done with all the 12trillion extra borrowed?? With all the recovered looted funds?? With all the generated revenue??

2)can we say the level of insecurity have increased pr reduced?? Now we have boko haram, we have bandits, we have herdsmen...go and check the number of people killed across the country from 2015 to this year and tell me how the level of security has been improved. "Technically defeated boko haram", is that it??...see people been killed like chicken everyday....

3) fight against CORRUPTION, how far?? What strides have they made?? Is it by accepting corrupt politicians into their fold?? Or looking the other way when their member is involved?? Or chasing only opposition members??....this government is even worse.

Under them we have had the worse election...since they are better are they not suppose to build on the standard of 2015?? And even raise it higher?? We saw how they used agencies like EFCC and DSS to oppress the opposition...used military and police to do their dirty work. How are they better sir??

4) can we say the economy has improved??...what's the price of fuel?? How far with the standard of living?? Are the lives of the citizens better?? How many jobs lost?? Is the ease of doing business in Nigeria better?? Are investors trooping in?? How many jobs created?? What about level of unemployment and poverty, are they increasing or reducing??

It is very simple...you came and said you are better, so we expected better.

We can argue all day...you can point out projects executed by this government and I can point out projects executed under previous government...but the main question will always be, under a Government that is better than previous governments, can it be said that the lives of the citizens are better??

If this government knew they are doing well, they should have allowed election be free and fair na, let the people decide. In fact take out the north from the equation, this government would have lost woefully.

Elections weren't free and fair because Atiku lost?

grin
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by seguno2: 11:47am On Apr 10, 2019
tiredoflife:
You have been farming since 1900
What have u achieved
Do economies grow by mere farming
U need ur steel industries to function
U need power
Stop this lie about farming is the way to boost economy
Economies grow by power generation and industrialization
Not farming

Learn to read for understanding and not just to reply.
Now you can try to read again. Cheers
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Dino98: 12:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
GavelSlam:

Elections weren't free and fair because Atiku lost?

grin

You are smart guy....so you answer. In all honesty, was the election free and fair??

I repeat it again...you said this government is doing so well and I am telling you take out the North from the Equation, Buhari/APC would have lost.

What does that say about the government u are defending?? They have a 3 point agenda and none of those are reflecting positively on the life of the citizens of Nigeria, so what the hell are u talking about sir??

Let's not forget, this is a Government that spends the majority of their time accusing past administrations, one would think they would do better on all levels, but NO. Deceiving people with trader money and Npower.

Please tell me what they have done with all the recovered looted funds, crude revenue and the over 12trillion borrowed from 2015 to date.

Let's not debate about this...we agree APC is in charge now but don't come and be acting like they are better than previous governments. How many years did it take for things to begin to change in Rwanda?? When a good government was set up, positive change was immediate, not this pretenders and their supporters deceiving themselves.
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by GavelSlam: 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2019
Dino98:

You are smart guy....so you answer. In all honesty, was the election free and fair??

I repeat it again...you said this government is doing so well and I am telling you take out the North from the Equation, Buhari/APC would have lost.

What does that say about the government u are defending?? They have a 3 point agenda and none of those are reflecting positively on the life of the citizens of Nigeria, so what the hell are u talking about sir??

Let's not forget, this is a Government that spends the majority of their time accusing past administrations, one would think they would do better on all levels, but NO. Deceiving people with trader money and Npower.

Please tell me what they have done with all the recovered looted funds, crude revenue and the over 12trillion borrowed from 2015 to date.

Let's not debate about this...we agree APC is in charge now but don't come and be acting like they are better than previous governments. How many years did it take for things to begin to change in Rwanda?? When a good government was set up, positive change was immediate, not this pretenders and their supporters deceiving themselves.

How can I help one who is wilfully blind?

Even Buhari's staunchest haters acknowledge the massive construction going on across the country.

Roads, rails, dams, etc.

There are parts of Nigeria enjoying uninterrupted power supply and our news media have carried the news in the past.

Our currency has never been as stable as it is today.

For 3 years running , the dollar has been at 360.

No one can tackle insecurity fully but insurgency can be dealt with. If you doubt me, how has Trump handled Chicago as well as mass shootings witnessed across the US?

How has Theresa May handled knife crime in London?

Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by showafrica(m): 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
tiredoflife:

If what you propose is done
We may see 2000naira to a $1
We produce nothing
We consume consume and consume
We are an economy on autopilot
It will bring hyper inflation
I had one on the wages of people

Yea, that's the problem, we don't produce anything apart from oil. Now oil can no longer sustain and the govt don't know what to do
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by Dino98: 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
GavelSlam:

How can I help one who is wilfully blind?

Even Buhari's staunchest haters acknowledge the massive construction going on across the country.

Roads, rails, dams, etc.

There are parts of Nigeria enjoying uninterrupted power supply and our news media have carried the news in the past.

Our currency has never been as stable as it is today.

For 3 years running , the dollar has been at 360.

No one can tackle insecurity fully but insurgency can be dealt with. If you doubt me, how has Trump handled Chicago as well as mass shootings witnessed across the US?

How has Theresa May handled knife crime in London?

You mean the big achievements are road, rail and dam?? cheesy grin OK

Firstly...there is nobody who hates buhari and his government that likes him now...all he has done is even show them, they were right to dislike him. He has nothing to offer.

Secondly, was the dollar not stable at 180 before?? You sound like 360 is better or this government has made the dollar better.

Thirdly, in the US and UK u cited...they don't have groups going about killing people daily. In the US, one sociopath can just wake up one day, go to a particular location and shoot. In the UK, how many times have u heard that a group went to one county and began stabbing people...whereas in Nigeria, everyday we wake up to the news that herdsmen or bandits or boko haram or even all of them went to a particular community and killed people and they will still continue killing within said community and nothing will be done. You just made a very stupid comparison.

There is nothing better this government has done...under them(people who claim to be better), things have become worse not better. So keep deceiving urself.
Re: Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million by GavelSlam: 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2019
Dino98:

You mean the big achievements are road, rail and dam?? cheesy grin OK

Firstly...there is nobody who hates buhari and his government that likes him now...all he has done is even show them, they were right to dislike him. He has nothing to offer.

Secondly, was the dollar not stable at 180 before?? You sound like 360 is better or this government has made the dollar better.

Thirdly, in the US and UK u cited...they don't have groups going about killing people daily. In the US, one sociopath can just wake up one day, go to a particular location and shoot. In the UK, how many times have u heard that a group went to one county and began stabbing people...whereas in Nigeria, everyday we wake up to the news that herdsmen or bandits or boko haram or even all of them went to a particular community and killed people and they will still continue killing within said community and nothing will be done. You just made a very stupid comparison.

There is nothing better this government has done...under them(people who claim to be better), things have become worse not better. So keep deceiving urself.

The gun crimes in Chicago are gang related.

The knife crimes in UK are gang related.

The hate crimes are carried out by affiliate.
They all persist.

You are hating on roads, rails and electricity which means you really don't want anything.

For the so-called stability @ 180, check the Nairaland thread on the dollar and see how the Naira was sliding steadily for years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire Guts Market At Irrua, Edo State (Photos) / Can I Use A Payoneer Master Card On A Nigerian ATM Machine? / Sun King, Flutterwave Lead In Nigerian Capital Raising From January To May 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.