Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,140 members, 7,907,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:59 AM

Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari (4337 Views)

Herdsmen: Buhari To Governors 'Don’t Sit Idly Expecting Me To Do Everything' / When Last Have You Heard About Herdsmen Attack On South East. / Ortom Defected To PDP Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by damilogogle(m): 12:06am On Apr 11, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that one of the reasons Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom left the ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC) for the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) was because he could not stomach what he (Buhari) explained to him on the farmers/herders clashes in his state.

Buhari said that he explained to Ortom that the cattle rearers and settlers problem in Nigeria was older than himself (Buhari) not to talk of him (Ortom).
Buhari said “But those of you who are neighbours to cattle rearers, Nigerians cattle rearers use to carry only sticks and their machetes to cut foliage for the cattles. But these are cattle rearers with weapons like AK47.

“But the problem is that you can hardly identify the difference between cattle rearers from Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria Chad, Cameroon and other cattle herders. They look the same but I was accused of not doing anything about those operating locally but I took the governor on this and this is one of the reasons he left our party for another party.

“Because I told him the cattle rearers and settlers problem in Nigeria is older than myself not to talk of him and at first republic, there were cattle routes, they put infrastructures and even veterinary.

“But the so-called politicians because they are so much in a hurry to make money they acquire some of these lands and turned them into their private farms.
“So, if you are a cattle rearer or you know about cattle like myself, the herders now pass through anybody land to find water for their cattles to drink.
I told Audu Ogbeh, the minister of agriculture to look at the Gazette of the first republic to get the cattle routes and get the grazing routes and re-establish them so that we can reduce this incidence. Some of you here know the efforts we are making.” he added

1 Like

Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by AKswift: 12:33am On Apr 11, 2019
Now l understand why he defected...Baba and his party has no ‘fine’ solution to resolve the crisis.

We can’t employ the traditional cattle rearing style to solve this national problem in this new age. The governor did well by switching camps, however he is a mediocre administrator when it comes to running an efficient government.

10 Likes

Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by diablos: 12:50am On Apr 11, 2019
This mumu president always talking out of point and exposing his foolishness. Any reasonable human being would definitely leave seeing how a president of a country could be so useless to the extent that he couldn't proffer solutions to a massacre rather he was reciting historical balderdash to a man whose pple were being decimated and who needed solutions to his burdened insecurities. What an idiot did the north jst vote back into power

19 Likes

Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by iornenge81(m): 12:58am On Apr 11, 2019
Defector ortpm
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by Is04970: 1:00am On Apr 11, 2019
Baba Buhari your statement is a complete balderdash.
A very hopeless and senseless statement.
Must we continue to rear cattle the same way it was done a hundred years ago?

11 Likes

Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by brodalikeme(m): 1:02am On Apr 11, 2019
May God forgive you! A president that doesn't have solutions to national problems, is that one a president? Do you know what population growth, urbanization and animal husbandry is at all? If i were Ortom, i will leave as well

8 Likes

Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 11, 2019
Buhari is so archaic and ancient for this generation. How can you be talking of 1960 route in 2019? Just a simple question. Where was Abuja in 1960? Was there Benue State in 1960? Were the current states and their irrespective boundaries existing then? Very miopic and insensitive. All his colleagues tried to improve themselves after the civil war, he remained a stack illiterate. What a shame of a president. Thank you Ortom for a pragmatic decision. No point hubnobbing with an ancestor in 2019.
Shame on all those who voted for this failure!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by 9jabull: 1:17am On Apr 11, 2019
Buhari is an archaic man using archaic brain to solve problem of 21century.
No body can hire a man with an archaic ideology like Mr president in their firm.
its a pity that Nigerians are in this mess.

#Next level.
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by scribble: 1:55am On Apr 11, 2019
Is04970:
Baba Buhari your statement is a complete balderdash.
A very hopeless and senseless statement.
Must we continue to rear cattle the same way it was done a hundred years ago?

we must so the cattle rearers can conquer more land and find new waters for the mooran to dip their snouts
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by Pentasoft1978: 6:54am On Apr 11, 2019
When will Buhari start talking about the state of the nation and plans to take us to greatness...... Nigerians have made the worst mistake in history for allowing this man to come back...Ortom left APC , how does that translate to good economy, how does that stop the daily killings, how does that put food on poor nigerians table.....Buhari the story teller. You were not elected to give us useless news about ortom APC membership. If You don't have anything to offer...just keep sleeping

1 Like

Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by pat077: 7:28am On Apr 11, 2019
Buhari is the most clueless leader on the planet

4 Likes

Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by gratiaeo(m): 7:33am On Apr 11, 2019
Buhari na real malu
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by madmohamed(m): 7:35am On Apr 11, 2019
damilogogle:
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that one of the reasons Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom left the ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC) for the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) was because he could not stomach what he (Buhari) explained to him on the farmers/herders clashes in his state.

Buhari said that he explained to Ortom that the cattle rearers and settlers problem in Nigeria was older than himself (Buhari) not to talk of him (Ortom).
Buhari said “But those of you who are neighbours to cattle rearers, Nigerians cattle rearers use to carry only sticks and their machetes to cut foliage for the cattles. But these are cattle rearers with weapons like AK47.

“But the problem is that you can hardly identify the difference between cattle rearers from Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria Chad, Cameroon and other cattle herders. They look the same but I was accused of not doing anything about those operating locally but I took the governor on this and this is one of the reasons he left our party for another party.

“Because I told him the cattle rearers and settlers problem in Nigeria is older than myself not to talk of him and at first republic, there were cattle routes, they put infrastructures and even veterinary.

“But the so-called politicians because they are so much in a hurry to make money they acquire some of these lands and turned them into their private farms.
“So, if you are a cattle rearer or you know about cattle like myself, the herders now pass through anybody land to find water for their cattles to drink.
I told Audu Ogbeh, the minister of agriculture to look at the Gazette of the first republic to get the cattle routes and get the grazing routes and re-establish them so that we can reduce this incidence. Some of you here know the efforts we are making.” he added
buhari is a an alcoholic .
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by Tyche(m): 7:36am On Apr 11, 2019
An archiac approach to a modern day crisis; that is the definition the current government.
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by BENZINA(m): 7:38am On Apr 11, 2019
We are stalked! Now, i see why it would be difficult for this present Govt. to move this country forward.
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by chuckdelis: 7:51am On Apr 11, 2019
Baba is high on opium, sounds wasted.
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by chozzy: 8:01am On Apr 11, 2019
Imagine what comes out of the mouth
of a country's president
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by lastempero: 8:32am On Apr 11, 2019
I know he his demented already.
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by TooMuchStuff: 8:45am On Apr 11, 2019
Am loving this
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by slimfit1(m): 9:22am On Apr 11, 2019
That's why Trump called him soulless. I am sure trump won't be looking forward to any meeting this year with Babu.
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by Arexit: 9:44am On Apr 11, 2019
It’s better for this man to just shut up
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by celeiyke: 9:48am On Apr 11, 2019
This man is fullish
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by samlake(m): 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
Can't believe this man won the second term...
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by BlackfireX: 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2019
See President of a country talking bunkum
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by Xisnin(m): 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
Buhari the clueless.
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by delpee(f): 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2019
Grazing route in 2019? lipsrsealed
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by iluvdonjazzy: 2:05pm On Apr 11, 2019
find solution to the problem that's all we want, you are the President for goodness sake.
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by bastardmod: 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2019
Chai! Buhari is a bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by careytommy37(m): 3:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
Ortom choose survival which is first human instinct
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by PlayerMeji: 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
If in fact the President said that, then I think he has used his mouth to run himself aground.

This is one of the security issues that cost Jonathan his position, though it wasn't cattle rearers that was the issue.

That fact that anyone can decide to wreck havoc on another person without the fear of being caught or arraigned before the law shows that Mr. President is missing on his mark.

Farming is a business, cattle rearing is a business so for one to know say you cannot know which herder is which shows that he does not know what to do.

Is this not the type of case that you start by having any herder to register and have a mode of identification. So that wen people see such a herder they will be able to know which place or organization or individual, etc he works for.

Dangote runs a business of cement production and knows people have issues with cement trucks, what did he do... He branded his cement trucks to look different from others. He knows he is running a business and not helping anyone by being in the same business.

Likewise, the cattle herders are in business of cattle rearing and are not helping anyone by being in that business so what ever they have to do to make sure they do not become inconvenience to people they have to.

The moment the government honestly begins to look at the herdsmen as business owners and not family heirloom operations they better for everyone.

But, who do we have as the number one citizen?

A cattle rearer!
Re: Ortom Defected Because I Told Him The Truth About Herdsmen - Buhari by rejoice4eva(m): 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2019
I hope all those who said this man must continue in this bloody show of shame at all cost are now proudly celebrating with fanfare and great thanksgiving, their ,next level?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Is For Youths: Jamiu Asuku Tells North East RENMISS Supporters / Proximity Of Ibadan Airport To Lagos Airport And Owerri Airport To Port Harcourt / Reno Omokri Breaks The Table Patapata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.