Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,490 members, 7,964,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 04:16 AM

14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo (39574 Views)

Video: A Nigerian Girl Forced To Carry Drugs Arrested By UK Border Force / Court Stops Ondo 16-Year-Old Girl Forced Marriage To Islamic Cleric As 9th Wife / "How My Daughter Kissed & Seduced Me" - 50-Year-Old Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by meobizy(f): 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
I don’t understand the pictures.
Is that a mad man and his daughter or what?
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by Pentasoft1978: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
This one certainly is a satanic prophet who has lost his sense of coordination, what is she going to do with a 15 year old girl other than ritual killing. Ignorant and Poverty stricken parent thinks they are giving their daughter to God servant. Don't give your children to any demon possess idiot.
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by DerideGull(m): 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
Pascopele:
Nigeria's debt

PDP 16years - N11trillion
APC 4years - N13trillion

Nigeria's total debt - N24trillion

Projection: 16 years of APC - N52trn
Projection: total debts - N63trn

Last, last some of you will marry Ghanaian ladies... Ghana is working.

Eti sen

Nigeria of today is running the most useless and wasteful government ever in the history of Nigeria.
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by daddytime(m): 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
Na dat kolo man for the picture be the prophet?

The funniest part of it all is that...some so called educated and enlightened on this forum will still come out to tell you this is a "Dog of Man" and as such you shouldn't judge.

Very unstable set of humans...
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by Haykinsofficial(m): 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
undecided
Such little bae wey neva even start to dey grow pubic hair?"

Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by Teeboi56: 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
1Sharon:
These Hausa people have come again.
Read well b4 comment there are not hausa there are igbo south south people

1 Like

Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by MostHated: 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2019
1Sharon:

Travel, you refused. Keep an open mind, you refused...so that's how knowledge will continue to evade you.

I know you will still not listen, but let me attempt to educate you. There are no indigenous hausas from Benue. The state consists mainly of the Tivs, idomas and Igedes... The idomas for instance that consists of a third of the state are more similar to the easterners than the north. The North Central is actually a very interesting region. Very diverse. Calm your head, travel, and read. Only that way can you learn...and trust me there are a whole Lotta things you are yet to learn about this beautiful country.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2019
The parents of that girl should be arrested alongside with the "Prophet" . . . Pathetic!
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by MetaPhysical: 2:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
That prophet is a man of God. Touch not my anointed. They should leave him alone. grin
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by CalebDeyoung45(m): 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
WHY WON'T PARENTS LET THEIR CHILD MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICE, WHY WILL YOU SELL YOUR OWN CHILD 14YRS IS AN ABUSE

Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by wakes: 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
Idontbelieve
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by Bolatechnology: 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
1Sharon:
Is Benue an Hausa state
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by freemi(m): 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
inoki247:
wen odas are enlarging dere coast by buying Jets nd increasing dere Tithe Reserve diz one is fooling around...
who knws weda hes carryin d procedures of enlargn n flying jets wt d gurl
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by Reelmii: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
as the spirit leads
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2019
This is just mad. Hope NAPTIP has taken this up
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by win3k: 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2019
they are getting like their attackers, Fulani herdsmen
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by Kokoebapluse(m): 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2019
Na them. kiss

But if this happens to Muslim we no go hear word.

1 Like

Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by Sterope(f): 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2019
Oh wait, they are not Muslims shocked
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by smokeyupu(m): 4:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
[quote author=1Sharon post=77454754]These Hausa people have come again. [/quote

Na only narrow minded folks go believe say Benue na Hausa land. ]
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2019
1Sharon:

No need to call names... E dey happen everywhere 4 Naija.

Cheers!!!
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by Sethmbada(m): 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2019
End time prophet mtcheeeeeeeeeeee
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by MiddleDimension: 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
MostHated:

Travel, you refused. Keep an open mind, you refused...so that's how knowledge will continue to evade you.

I know you will still not listen, but let me attempt to educate you. There are no indigenous hausas from Benue. The state consists mainly of the Tivs, idomas and Igedes... The idomas for instance that consists of a third of the state are more similar to the easterners than the north. The North Central is actually a very interesting region. Very diverse. Calm your head, travel, and read. Only that way can you learn...and trust me there are a whole Lotta things you are yet to learn about this beautiful country.

God bless Nigeria.

they are not 'close' to the easterners! apart from having boundary with enugwu and ebonyi and maybe sharing some names, nothing really much!

i really wonder why the igbo are so hell bent on claiming some kind of siblin closeness with the Idoma! why not Igede? why not tiv? why not Igala? why not Ezaa people in the eastern state of Ebonyi? WHY IDOMA?!

for your information, the Idoma people also bear the Hausa/Islamic names like Yakubu, Sule, Fayeed. and no, i am not talking about the muslims among them!

let us also remember that they also share boundary with Kogi, Nassarawa (actually, some Idoma people are from Nassarawa), and Tiv people.
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by MiddleDimension: 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2019
Teeboi56:

Read well b4 comment there are not hausa there are igbo south south people

if they no be Igbo , come turn them to Igbo by all means! anofia!
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by MiddleDimension: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
1Sharon:

actually, they are not Hausa. they are Tiv, Idoma, Igede and Etulo, in decreasing order of population. the Etulo people have almost been completely absorbed by the Tiv people. the Igede were almost absorbed by the Idoma also until their new found nationalistic spirit came up. One of them was an Och'Idoma, the Idoma paramount traditional ruler who is also a first class monarch and the Chancellor if the Federal University, Kashere in Gombe State.

like all other Northern State where the Jihad war of 1804 did not reach, they have a Hausa quaters where alot of Hausa people live. you have this in Otukpo, Makurdi and i think Gboko too.

because the Jihad war did not reach there, is the reason why even though the state is in the North, they don't speak Hausa as a common language. this is also the situation in states like Kogi and Kwara and i think parts of Nasarawa too.

all in all, they are like the other ethnic groups in the North Central and ofcourse like Plateau, Abuja, and Taraba, they are mainly christians. Nasarawa, Niger and Kogi are partly christian, and partly muslim

1 Like

Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by MostHated: 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
MiddleDimension:

they are not 'close' to the easterners! apart from having boundary with enugwu and ebonyi and maybe sharing some names, nothing really much!

i really wonder why the igbo are so hell bent on claiming some kind of siblin closeness with the Idoma! why not Igede? why not tiv? why not Igala? why not Ezaa people in the eastern state of Ebonyi? WHY IDOMA?!

for your information, the Idoma people also bear the Hausa/Islamic names like Yakubu, Sule, Fayeed. and no, i am not talking about the muslims among them!

let us also remember that they also share boundary with Kogi, Nassarawa (actually, some Idoma people are from Nassarawa), and Tiv people.

Foremost is the issue of the names. The few hausa names amongst idomas originated from parents and grandparents that grew up in the core north, who named their kids after friends. We have similar occurrences across the country. Of course, with Benue at the north central, that is bound to happen a lot.

Secondly, there are no idomas from Nassarawa state. What we have there are the Domas around Nassarawa eggon. Historically, they were together at some point before migration. Today, we have some in parts of crossriver state, Kogi and a few other places.

Then back to the similarities, it will interest you to note that aside the names, there are many cultural similarities, ranging from market days(Afo, Nkwo, Eke and Ede) I'm sure the Igbos have the first two. marriage and burial rights, dance and music(okpachina and the ogene), masquerades, (almost identical) and of course the geographical location, sharing boundaries with chunks of Enugu and Ebonyi states. There is also the love of Catholicism and palm wine, amongst many other things...all these are totally different from what is obtainable in the core north. I should know because I grew up in the North west, but my mom is idoma, and I do visit her place a lot.

To set the record straight, this isn't me trying to win an argument, because I don't believe there is one. Someone from this forum will learn a thing or two from this, so I'm satisfied, as that is the true position of things. As a people, we always love to see the things that separates us, while in the process, failing to see our similarities, staring right at our faces.

I'd love to learn more, if there are new facts you have to disclose.
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by mechanics(m): 8:01pm On Apr 11, 2019
The prophet should be arrested for accepting to take her in.
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by MiddleDimension: 8:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
MostHated:

Foremost is the issue of the names. The few hausa names amongst idomas originated from parents and grandparents that grew up in the core north, who named their kids after friends. We have similar occurrences across the country. Of course, with Benue at the north central, that is bound to happen a lot.

Secondly, there are no idomas from Nassarawa state. What we have there are the Domas around Nassarawa eggon. Historically, they were together at some point before migration. Today, we have some in parts of crossriver state, Kogi and a few other places.

Then back to the similarities, it will interest you to note that aside the names, there are many cultural similarities, ranging from market days(Afo, Nkwo, Eke and Ede) I'm sure the Igbos have the first two. marriage and burial rights, dance and music(okpachina and the ogene), masquerades, (almost identical) and of course the geographical location, sharing boundaries with chunks of Enugu and Ebonyi states. There is also the love of Catholicism and palm wine, amongst many other things...all these are totally different from what is obtainable in the core north. I should know because I grew up in the North west, but my mom is idoma, and I do visit her place a lot.

To set the record straight, this isn't me trying to win an argument, because I don't believe there is one. Someone from this forum will learn a thing or two from this, so I'm satisfied, as that is the true position of things. As a people, we always love to see the things that separates us, while in the process, failing to see our similarities, staring right at our faces.

I'd love to learn more, if there are new facts you have to disclose.

since you are keen on learning, i want you to take it as a new fact today that there are Idoma people from Nasarawa state! you just made me go back to check a friend's wedding invitation.

he is from Nasarawa state and not Doma, but Idoma! they speak the Agatu accent and of course, the Agatu LGA of Benue state shares boundary with their part of Nasarawa state. they are an extteme minority! he is not an Agatu who now claims Nasarawa, but his ancestoral VILLAGE is in Nasarawa state. they live just at the other bank of the river benue to the north. and if you are familiar with the geography around that area, Agatu in Benue also has boundary with the river Benue.

now coming back to the names i agree such names among the christians are found more among the older generation who are at least 50 and above. the idoma muslims still continue to bear that name even up till today, for obvious reasons, ofcourse.

but i disagree completely when you say they were given those names by parents and grand parents who were only naming their children after their friends when they lived in the far north. while that may be the case for some people, it is different for others. the people i know who bear those names did not live at anytime in the far norrth. its just that in the past the people around the north central did not discriminate very much between christianity and islam. the division we see in those religions today, did not exists in those days. so they never found it awkward giving their children muslim names. the christian did not have the sort of feeling he now has towards islam and think that naming his child Musa, Sule, Amodu, Ademu etc was some kind of a misnorma and a mockery of ''who they now are in christ Jesus''. and the only reason you see that trend changing today is because of the political and religious issues going on at present in the North Central, which has lead to an inceeased sense of seperateness in particularly those ethnic groups in the Benue-Plateau.

and as for the market days, it will also interest you to know that the Yoruba people of Osun state also have the Ede as a market day! and the pronounce the Ede the same way the Idoma pronounce it. so what do we say about this, that the Idoma and Yoruba people are siblins?

alot if Idoma words have Hausa/Arabic etymology. so if there is a deluded Biafran out there who insists on claiming an Idoma people who do not want to be part of a Biafra, by saying Idoma is a sub-group of Igbo because they share some names, words and market day, then let them also look at the similar words the Idoma also share with the Hausa and alby extension, Arabic. they should also look at the ceremonial wear of the Och'Idoma and tell me if it looks anything in Igbo land.
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by 1Sharon(f): 8:32pm On Apr 11, 2019
MiddleDimension:

actually, they are not Hausa. they are Tiv, Idoma, Igede and Etulo, in decreasing order of population. the Etulo people have almost been completely absorbed by the Tiv people. the Igede were almost absorbed by the Idoma also until their new found nationalistic spirit came up. One of them was an Och'Idoma, the Idoma paramount traditional ruler who is also a first class monarch and the Chancellor if the Federal University, Kashere in Gombe State.

like all other Northern State where the Jihad war of 1804 did not reach, they have a Hausa quaters where alot of Hausa people live. you have this in Otukpo, Makurdi and i think Gboko too.

because the Jihad war did not reach there, is the reason why even though the state is in the North, they don't speak Hausa as a common language. this is also the situation in states like Kogi and Kwara and i think parts of Nasarawa too.

all in all, they are like the other ethnic groups in the North Central and ofcourse like Plateau, Abuja, and Taraba, they are mainly christians. Nasarawa, Niger and Kogi are partly christian, and partly muslim

Thanks for this. But sorry, didn't the jihad war come from Fulani and not Hausa?
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by szkz(m): 8:57pm On Apr 11, 2019
It's so sad, Ministry of women affairs should take over, but I'm a bit confused,the girl is from Delta State, did her parents bring her all the way or do they reside in Benue, is the so called prophet and indigene of the state or a resident cos they are different avenues to tackle such issues, very quickly and I'm happy to be of help
Re: 14-year-old Girl Forced To Marry 50-year-old Prophet In Benue State. Photo by MostHated: 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2019
MiddleDimension:

since you are keen on learning, i want you to take it as a new fact today that there are Idoma people from Nasarawa state! you just made me go back to check a friend's wedding invitation.

he is from Nasarawa state and not Doma, but Idoma! they speak the Agatu accent and of course, the Agatu LGA of Benue state shares boundary with their part of Nasarawa state. they are an extteme minority! he is not an Agatu who now claims Nasarawa, but his ancestoral VILLAGE is in Nasarawa state. they live just at the other bank of the river benue to the north. and if you are familiar with the geography around that area, Agatu in Benue also has boundary with the river Benue.

now coming back to the names i agree such names among the christians are found more among the older generation who are at least 50 and above. the idoma muslims still continue to bear that name even up till today, for obvious reasons, ofcourse.

but i disagree completely when you say they were given those names by parents and grand parents who were only naming their children after their friends when they lived in the far north. while that may be the case for some people, it is different for others. the people i know who bear those names did not live at anytime in the far norrth. its just that in the past the people around the north central did not discriminate very much between christianity and islam. the division we see in those religions today, did not exists in those days. so they never found it awkward giving their children muslim names. the christian did not have the sort of feeling he now has towards islam and think that naming his child Musa, Sule, Amodu, Ademu etc was some kind of a misnorma and a mockery of ''who they now are in christ Jesus''. and the only reason you see that trend changing today is because of the political and religious issues going on at present in the North Central, which has lead to an inceeased sense of seperateness in particularly those ethnic groups in the Benue-Plateau.

and as for the market days, it will also interest you to know that the Yoruba people of Osun state also have the Ede as a market day! and the pronounce the Ede the same way the Idoma pronounce it. so what do we say about this, that the Idoma and Yoruba people are siblins?

alot if Idoma words have Hausa/Arabic etymology. so if there is a deluded Biafran out there who insists on claiming an Idoma people who do not want to be part of a Biafra, by saying Idoma is a sub-group of Igbo because they share some names, words and market day, then let them also look at the similar words the Idoma also share with the Hausa and alby extension, Arabic. they should also look at the ceremonial wear of the Och'Idoma and tell me if it looks anything in Igbo land.

This, most certainly isn't about a Biafran claiming the idomas, as it is not the issue in contention here, and I definitely never mentioned that I was speaking from the Biafran angle, because I was not. I'm not Igbo. Well, in as much as disagree with some of your submissions, it certainly was insightful reading your view, and the time you put into the reply is surely appreciated. Thank you bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic / Wanted Unknown Gunman, Chukwuma Ejionye, Arrested In Anambra State (Photo) / Motorcyclist Lures, Rapes Pupil In Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.