Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,503 members, 7,937,456 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 04:29 AM

A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria (33361 Views)

Covid- 84 Percent Increase In One Week In The Number Of Cases Among Adolescents / HIV Among Adolescents And Young Adults. (video) / UNICEF Sets To End AIDS Epidemic Among Adolescents And Youths By 2030 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Derajeth(m): 9:49am On Apr 13, 2019
Mayor08:
Good evening, please I'm in need..I'm going through issues beyond me...i am presently going through some life threatening issues(emergency), i haven't been paid at work and wont be paid till early next month but the isssue on ground is so urgent...I hereby plead to people to kindly help with what they can...I haven't gotten something tangible to eat for some days..I really need help from well meaning people... I am hard working also..you can quote me or send me a dm to verify or clarify my claims.

And if there is anyone that is willing to borrow, I am willing to go any length to assure you I will pay back..I will show you my means of I.d, I can video chat, you will have my pic and if I fail to pay you back, you can call me out on social media( no one wants that)...please..its life and death

This guy sef!!! Must you do this in every thread?
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by flexeey: 9:51am On Apr 13, 2019
To date, a large proportion of the reported death from AIDS in Nigeria has been among young adults aged 15-25 years���

1 Like

Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by paddyofboss(m): 9:52am On Apr 13, 2019
Hmm naija n nonsense. Some of us lost ours at 24

1 Like

Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 13, 2019
efefemi:
According to reports by some national newspapers and EFB private investigation, it is revealed that there is high level of Sexual Activities Among young people in Nigeria.
The age at first sexual debut among young people has continued to decline while the age at marriage has increased in many part of the country.
This widening biosocial gap has increased the number of years that young people engaged in sexual intercourse outside matrimony thereby increasing their vulnerability to several sexual and reproductive health problems.
Nigeria health survey reports that at the age of 20 years over 90% of young people have become sexually active, with large proportion of these occurring with casual and non-conjugal relationships.
Adolescents in Nigeria have variously been reported to be more likely engaged in sex with multiple sexual partners, to prostitution as well as being exposed to sexual abuse.
The Federal Ministry of Health estimates that over 90,000 women die from complications of unsafe abortion in Nigeria annually.
To date, a large proportion of the reported death from AIDS in Nigeria has been among young adults aged 15-25 years, with no evidence of trend towards a reduction in the numbers of deaths.

https://efefemisblog.com.ng/2019/04/12/a-profile-of-sexual-activities-among-adolescents-in-nigeria/
Community plays an important role in controling these sexual activities among adolescents, some of these gals are being exposed from their very own community and their elders don't care about it. My current experience in Imo and Edo says it all.

1 Like

Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2019
awon womb shifters associationgrin
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by midnighter(f): 10:19am On Apr 13, 2019
You cant stop them from doing it but you can bring issues out into the open so that they will make informed choices and think of the future

More resources for youth sexual health clinics, more sensitisation in schools

More empowerment so that they will know that there is more to life than sex
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by tomdon(m): 10:23am On Apr 13, 2019
See lies. 90 what!
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 13, 2019
Where did they get that percentage from?
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 10:24am On Apr 13, 2019
The facts seem rather true.
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Mayor08: 10:25am On Apr 13, 2019
Derajeth:

I had to put it on many threads so more people will get to see it
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Elvis778(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2019
The stats is very very wrong, 90k women annually only in abortion?? Common, dey lied.
For the case of sexual proximity, it shud not be limited to Nigeria, 20yrs 90%,
i can assure u, places like south Africa, US and UK, 99.5% of 20 years olds are already sexually active. The remaining 0.5 are either those that naturally has a low drive or none at all
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 13, 2019
fiercehillz:
90k women die annually from abortion complications... Nor vex o but I doubt this.

We never add HIV, other STDs, Malaria, Cholera, Accident, Old age, starvation, Murder, etc

My brother HIV isnt as low as we are made to believe a health practitioner once stated that HIV is more common than malaria.as alarming as this might sound ,Its that high..thus is why much money is being pumped into its vaccine and cure so that they can continue to sleep about
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 13, 2019
Derajeth:

Well this shows his desperate he is
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Abdbaba: 10:33am On Apr 13, 2019
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Mcy56(f): 10:46am On Apr 13, 2019
Elvis778:
The stats is very very wrong, 90k women annually only in abortion?? Common, dey lied.
Is the figure much or not up to?
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by endureson: 10:50am On Apr 13, 2019
Mayor08:
Good evening, please I'm in need..I'm going through issues beyond me...i am presently going through some life threatening issues(emergency), i haven't been paid at work and wont be paid till early next month but the isssue on ground is so urgent...I hereby plead to people to kindly help with what they can...I haven't gotten something tangible to eat for some days..I really need help from well meaning people... I am hard working also..you can quote me or send me a dm to verify or clarify my claims.

And if there is anyone that is willing to borrow, I am willing to go any length to assure you I will pay back..I will show you my means of I.d, I can video chat, you will have my pic and if I fail to pay you back, you can call me out on social media( no one wants that)...please..its life and death

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Baba RenMoney de give loan.
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 13, 2019
netflicks:
It's normal the world is coming to an end....
Yes!! Only in Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 13, 2019
endureson:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Baba RenMoney de give loan.
no mind am. grin
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Elvis778(m): 10:58am On Apr 13, 2019
More than the actual figure, 90k is pure exaggeration
Mcy56:
Is the figure much or not up to?

1 Like

Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Jman06(m): 11:16am On Apr 13, 2019
Offpoint:
In the US if you're still a virgin by 15, your friends will consider you a weird creature or a nature freak.

I still believe our sexual organs shouldn't have grown until our wedding night... yeah, we can piss and shît through our azz.
This has always been my opinion.

If God didn't want people to have sex outside marriage, he should have made us in such a way that our sexual organs remain unresponsive until wedding night. But even at the age of 5, many boys are already having errection.
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Kposkila: 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
Offpoint:
In the US if you're still a virgin by 15, your friends will consider you a weird creature or a nature freak.

I still believe our sexual organs shouldn't have grown until our wedding night... yeah, we can piss and shît through our azz.
Them for still dey insert hand inside azz
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by handsomebanana(m): 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2019
paddyofboss:
Hmm naija n nonsense. Some of us lost ours at 24

Too old
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by fiercehillz(m): 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
Mustsucceed:

My brother HIV isnt as low as we are made to believe a health practitioner once stated that HIV is more common than malaria.as alarming as this might sound ,Its that high..thus is why much money is being pumped into its vaccine and cure so that they can continue to sleep about

I understand your point but I am just shocked that only abortion is responsible for 90,000 deaths in Nigeria annually...
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Enemyofpeace: 2:46pm On Apr 13, 2019
Self and tohyorsih2 started when we were both in primary 3, she taught me how to do it
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by uuzba(m): 3:56pm On Apr 13, 2019
quincyshakur:
Wen are we xpectig "A Profile of Sexual Activities Among Adults in Nigerian" undecided undecided undecided
Somebody that is 18 years old, is that person a child?
Anything from 18 and above is called Adult.
Which other news are you looking for again?
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by sulasa07(m): 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
The rate of sexual promiscuity in Nigeria now eh! I hope say person go see wife marry
If you know won marry a How,beta go to Cotonou or Benue Republic.
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by sulasa07(m): 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
The rate of sexual promiscuity in Nigeria now eh! I hope say person go see wife marry
If you know won marry a Hoe,beta go to Cotonou or Benue Republic.
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by Goodylicious74(f): 6:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
I hope you know that sexual promiscuity is not gender specific right?? Men are also involved. Just so you know... the ladies are not sleeping with themselves but with men.
BuhariIsBURIED:
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by NaMeAboki: 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
dirtydiva:
Community plays an important role in controling these sexual activities among adolescents, some of these gals are being exposed from their very own community and their elders don't care about it. My current experience in Imo and Edo says it all.

Quite true.
Research shows in some places like Aba, girls start sex At Age 10.
https://igbolive.com/girls-in-aba-start-sex-at-age-10-research-shows/
Re: A Profile Of Sexual Activities Among Adolescents In Nigeria by paddyofboss(m): 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2019
handsomebanana:

Too old
Too old really...That should be d ideal.age

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Accidentally Cuts Off His Testicles While Dreaming About Cutting Meat / Doctor Reacts To Claim By Social Media User That Sex Cures His Malaria / NAFDAC Orders The Recall Of Eva Table Water 75cl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.