Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,296 members, 7,887,878 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:38 PM

My Brother Let Join Hand Together - Gov WIke Tells Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Brother Let Join Hand Together - Gov WIke Tells Amaechi (319 Views)

You Are Qualified - Oba Of Lagos Tells Amaechi / Rivers: Stop Daydreaming, PDP Tells Amaechi / Leaked Tapes: Return To PDP, Atiku Tells Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Brother Let Join Hand Together - Gov WIke Tells Amaechi by Naijaalive(m): 11:24am On Apr 12, 2019
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has urged the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, and the All Progressives Congress (APC) to join him in building the state.

He made the appeal on Thursday after the Supreme Court struck out the appeals of the APC on the just concluded elections in Rivers.

The APC had asked the apex court to reverse itself on the exclusion of the party from the Governorship and House of Assembly elections in the state.

But a seven-man panel of judges led by the acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Ibrahim Mohammed, struck out the appeals for being incompetent.

Reacting to the judgement in a broadcast, Governor Wike said all legal issues regarding the fielding of candidates by the APC for the elections in Rivers have finally and permanently been put to rest.

He noted that with the judgement of the apex court, the victory of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidates in the polls was legally safe, secured and protected.

The governor praised the opposition for their courage to fight within the confines of the law to the end.

He reminded them that the task of building the state must take precedence over all other considerations, now that the legal battle was over.

Governor Wike believes the leaders are better of standing and working together for Rivers and its people.

He, therefore, appealed to Amaechi and the APC to join hands with his government to move the state forward, adding that being divided would not mean well for the people.

The governor further urged the people of Rivers to shun all acts of violence and promised to ensure the unity and peaceful co-existence of all residents, irrespective of their political and religious differences.

https://all-gists..com/2019/04/Wike-Tells-Amaechi-APC-To-Join-Him-In-Moving-Rivers-Forward.html?m=1
Re: My Brother Let Join Hand Together - Gov WIke Tells Amaechi by Naijaalive(m): 11:24am On Apr 12, 2019
grin[center][/center]
Re: My Brother Let Join Hand Together - Gov WIke Tells Amaechi by Naijaalive(m): 11:32am On Apr 12, 2019
Kkk

(1) (Reply)

Senate Recommendation Of State Police Is Putting The Cart Before The Horse / Fire Breaks Out At Notre Dame Cathedral In France's Paris / Know More Of This Wonderful Politician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.