Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,360 members, 7,920,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 04:04 AM

A Gun Powder Awaiting Explosion (the CHINESE Investors And Its Impact On Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Gun Powder Awaiting Explosion (the CHINESE Investors And Its Impact On Nigeria (507 Views)

Is Nigeria Sitting On A Keg Of Gun Powder While Playing With A Match Stick? / Chinese Investors Acquire 120 Hectares Of Land In Akwa Ibom For Hendai City / Ekweremadu 5th Term Ambition Places Enugu State PDP On A Keg Of Gun Powder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Gun Powder Awaiting Explosion (the CHINESE Investors And Its Impact On Nigeria by Sthudz01(m): 8:44am On Apr 13, 2019
A Gun Powder Awaiting Explosion (The CHINESE investors and its impact on Nigerian Economy)

by Ogbeni Ola Michael Muyiwa

Before you cast your aspersions on me due to your overzealous nature as a Nigerian. It is important to enlighten the teaming populace on the positive and negative impacts of the Chinese investors on Nigeria economy.

With much emphasis laid on the investment of the Chinese and the constant bail out of the country by the chinese governments in regards to loan running into billions of naira, it is ideal to highlight the positivity in the existing relationship between the chinese government and the Nigerian government.

The importation of goods and materials from China as relatively reduced the cost rate of striking business deal with America whose high exchange rate has further crippled business activities within both countries. We cannot but pinpoint the fact that it is relatively cheaper importing both perishable and non perishable goods from China than other emerging countries considering the economic boost of China which Is a glaring fact, with the chinese companies spreading overboard the continent as a proof of the catalytic boost in the countries economy.

Considering the mass presence of several Chinese company out bursting in Nigeria, which left me worried on the symptoms of "Modern day Colonization". It is however no longer a big deal seeing the chinese all over the country as most times I ask myself if Nigeria was an extension of the Chinese territory, considering the fact that the Chinese are almost everywhere in the country thriving in business with a robust relationship with the Nigerian government.

More so it is however " a gun powder awaiting to explode" if we fail to address pivotal issues with regards to National Interest. It is therefore pertinent for the government of the day to take note and review laws and policy in relation to investments and investors.

Like I earlier spotted, that Nigeria is more or less an extension of China. Without mincing words you will agree with me that a higher percentage of Nigerians working in a Chinese company are employed as labourers, why few above the wages level end up max at a managerial level in the chinese firm, with the chinese always at the helm of affairs. This goes down to the adjective "Slave Drivers". The CHINESE generally in my own opinion are slave drivers and an upgraded version of the erstwhile Colonists who underdeveloped AFRICA and milked off its resources.

However, to prevent the reoccurence of colonialism this time around with our democracy intact, laws, policy governing investors and labour practices must be carefully reviewed and amended as this act of the Chinese government to colonize the economy of Nigerian is a GUN POWDER awaiting EXPLOSION.

In my candid opinion, I urge the government to swift into action as this is an issue of NATIONAL INTEREST.

Thanks.
Re: A Gun Powder Awaiting Explosion (the CHINESE Investors And Its Impact On Nigeria by Optional09: 8:53am On Apr 13, 2019
Too much grammar distorts the message, please make it simple
Re: A Gun Powder Awaiting Explosion (the CHINESE Investors And Its Impact On Nigeria by CalabarPikin: 8:53am On Apr 13, 2019
Good one..!!!
Re: A Gun Powder Awaiting Explosion (the CHINESE Investors And Its Impact On Nigeria by Guestlander: 9:08am On Apr 13, 2019
Alarmist balderdash, the Chinese also had a lot foreign investors in the earlier stages of their development, even up till now.
Some people are beginning to parrot the sentiments in the west by people who fear their influence in Africa is being displaced by the Chinese.
We need their money, their know how and technology transfer, these are things the west are not willing to part with. They would rather give us aids which are promptly embezzled by a few.
Our relationship with the west did not develop Africa, perhaps we should try the Asians while we get our act together as well and not rely totally on foreigners to develop Africa.

1 Like

Re: A Gun Powder Awaiting Explosion (the CHINESE Investors And Its Impact On Nigeria by Tomide007: 9:11am On Apr 13, 2019
Should we send the Chinese investors packing? Or what's the point. Do u know that the Chinese are the largest foreign investors in China and the us?.What we need to work on is our laws.

(1) (Reply)

Shine Your Eyes, We Didn’t Ask Buhari For 1 Million Migrants —canadian Embassy / Ndigbo Are Already Biafrans - Ezeonwuka, Igbo Spiritual Leader. / Withdraw From Presidential Tribunal - PDP Tells Appeal Court President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.