Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,469 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:33 PM

Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working (46349 Views)

Steel Company Gifts All 4,116 Staffs New Cars Worth N28 Billion Naira / Atlantic Hotel Sacks Worker For Reporting Attempted Rape By Indian Boss / Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by nograv: 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2019
Ugosample:

indeed

black man has programmed himself to destroy himself and others

just look at so much chaos and wickedness in our society

And when we speak up, these so called black power jokers will call for our heads, while the evidence is clear

Speak for yourself Mumu
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Cybertext(m): 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Dont blame the Indians. IF Niggerians actually took care of their business no one will come walk all over you. I have worked in organizations where the foreigners are ready to pay very well but its Niggerians that will go and meet the foreigners and say stuff like " Oh you dont need to pay them that much, they can do just fine on a fraction of this amount .... if you give them that much you are spoiling them"

In fact how can you even challenge people you call ' master'

I get your point, I wasn't even talking about the pay (trust me I know about how Nigerians in management shortchange employees in terms of pay)... I'm referring to working conditions, Indias don't care about safety or welfare.. I've worked with few foreigners and Indians don't care if you work 20hours a day.

2 Likes

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by MKULTRA: 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
My God
I can't imagine the pain from that molten iron

Plus in a country with poor health system

1 Like

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Just2endowed2(m): 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
Ugosample:

You have saud it all

Nigerians are good at destroying each other

just imagine what you wrote up there about pay undecided

Yet these NiggerAreans are the most religious fools on earth going to church and all while wickedness and darkness permeate their souls undecided

That's one of the few things I hate about Nigeria : hypocrisy

4 Likes

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Jaqenhghar: 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
nograv:

What is this one saying? Indians are notorious for their racism.

They even discriminate by colour amongst themselves.

Pointing out that you can perhaps pay workers less, is just pointing out the correct wage level. It is the same in any country, especially developing ones..

However showing less care for your workers as you view them as racially inferior is quite another thing.

Sorry oga dont be an apologist for Indian racism. If I had my way, all foreign company owners would be subject to the strict indigene laws that mean that half of the company should be owned by a native Nigerian..

Mtchew saying dont blame Indians mumu..

... and where did I sound like an apologist for Indians. What's this one saying? Im talking of standing up for yourselves you are talking of something toally different. Indeed reading and comprehension are two different things. One can be taught the other is something you have or dont have. If you are having problems with comprehending things get someone to help you instead of sounding off like an idiot

3 Likes

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Chidelis(m): 8:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
This happens in every Steel company in Nigeria, and the funny thing be say they show them pictures the hazardous nature of the jab, those wey get mind go start work and those wey no get mind won't come back... Na their choice

1 Like

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by SVC6000: 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
Monkey Dey Work Baaboo Dey Shop. 850per A Day Fo An Iron Steel Handler.

1 Like

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by sofat(m): 8:37pm On Apr 13, 2019
It is high time Nigerians took the ministry of labour and productivity responsible for this! How hell in a country will some bastard foreigners be treating us like slaves all in the name of employment. Nigerians need to stand up against this and speak out for the world to hear.

3 Likes

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Jaqenhghar: 8:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
nograv:

Shut your mouth, you arent Nigerian they way you talk..

If you come to a country, you must respect it's native people period.

Indians learnt this the hard way in Uganda.. Some folks dont learn from history..

IF thye come to a country and dont respect people is it not your duty to stand up to them and teach them a lesson? ANyway I no blame una. you dont have a culture of standng up for yourselves. Everybody just walks all over you. THis is the only country where a foreigner comes and you voluntarily call him master. They even have establishments and deny you blacks from entering and you guys are cool with it. YOu are already taking of Uganda as if this incident happened in Uganda. leave the Ugandans and address your own issues.

3 Likes

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Ugosample(m): 8:39pm On Apr 13, 2019
nograv:

Speak for yourself Mumu
one of the black power mugus I was talking about @Jaqenhghar
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Jaqenhghar: 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2019
Ugosample:

one of the black power mugus I was talking about @Jaqenhghar
So true LOL
Then when they see oyinbo they start stammering and falling over to please them
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Jaqenhghar: 8:47pm On Apr 13, 2019
Just2endowed2:

You are so right..... Happening where I work live

Im sorry brother. I suffered the same thing. I worked in like three foreign organizations the same thing. In their country you dare not withold people's salary for a day. THey will deal with you
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Baasebaa0570(m): 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2019
Indians are animals i pray never to work again with dem in my life. They really dont care about their workers life in every aspect. Regarding working hours in Nigeria, some Indian firm make it compulsory to work 9 hours per day which is against the 40 hours per week of the labour law. Health wise, they provide useless HMO's to their staff. What we operate in Nigeria is economic freedom system, some of these Indian firms operates a command system which deprive most of their workers the freedom to oppose whatever they propose to them.
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by BrokenCock: 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2019
That's how these bastardt Chinese underpay Nigerians working for them in Nigeria .
I think our leaders who brought them into the country collect their tuff from them that's why
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by OShepherd: 8:59pm On Apr 13, 2019
ikewaterwater:
So many Nigerians were reportedly killed by molten iron, while working at an Indian steel company located at Ikorodu, Shagamu Road in Lagos.Facebook user, Nwa Boss who shared photos from the scene disclosed that the management of the Indian steel company doesn't care about lives which was why many Nigerians were killed by molten iron while working.

According to him, the management pay their citizens more than Nigerians who do most of the jobs at the firm. He further revealed that some victims of the incident earn #850 per day. He wrote;

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/13/molten-iron-kills-many-nigerians-working-at-an-indian-steel-company-in-lagos/

The one that happened in Y2002 where over 200 were burnt alive overnight in one of those firms in Ikorodu- What did Govt do

2 Likes

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Hienna(m): 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2019
Indian steel company in Nigeria??
Lolzz
Nigeria sef no get steel wey dey operate oooo
Corruption is seen.... In all way
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by eddie7: 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2019
Our government will turn a blind eye as usual.....
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Reference(m): 9:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
Tragic but carefully notice the narrative and discover parts of what is wrong with this country.

'Many workers died as a result of a furnace accident...'

Management does not care about workers...some paid as low as 850 naira a day.

What kind of nonsense reporting is this. What has their wage structure got to do with the safety regime going on at the company. Is the reporter insinuating that if the workers had been paid more they will not have died or will have willingly sacrificed themselves to the death.

We have taken semtiment to seriously absurd levels and this is causing terrible problems in our society chief amongst which is our inability to focus for performance.

At the end of the day one can be sure the narrative will change from a safety governance issue which will be swept under the carpet at the cost of purely an economic one. The compamy will pacify with money and will NOT make the necessary safety changes and everyone will walk away smiling.

Nigerians must develop a culture that is values oriented rather than 'moneycentric'. These so called foreigners know what makes us tick and they will exploit it to the fullest. They deliberately depress wages so thay any little leverage gives them significant power and influence.

If we are a people prepared to make the sacrifices to create a values based society these people will respect us and adopt the standards that are right and just. We must evolve away from money, money, money. It is killing us.

3 Likes

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by wiseworld: 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2019
@jegenh you said it all, if you have Indian boss mean the MD ask him,he will tell you ,seebii name your people cause am. Nigerian great country hmmm
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by wiseworld: 9:47pm On Apr 13, 2019
@jegenh you said it all, if you have Indian boss mean the MD ask him,he will tell you ,seebii naa your people cause am. Nigerian great country hmmm
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Isobug: 9:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
Waooo, I once worked here,(African foundries) 2014/2015. I left within 9months of being employed. My Indian superior wanted to use me as slave. I just left without even handing a resignation letter. Though I regretted my action after 3months but I was happy I left. The noise in the area alone will tell you something.

I hope my good my good friend Samuel is safe

3 Likes

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by soothsayer2: 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
Lagos state government most expecially the Lagos State House of Assembly should take immediate action on this... the sanctity of human in paramount. Nigerians should not be a slave in their own soil.
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by kepal99(m): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2019
I once worked in this company ����� people are suffering in Nigeria and some good for nothing Hod forsaken persons will come out to say Nigerian youths are lazy
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by kepal99(m): 9:56pm On Apr 13, 2019
Isobug:
Waooo, I once worked here,(African foundries) 2014/2015. I left within 9months of being employed. My Indian superior wanted to use me as slave. I just left without even handing a resignation letter. Though I regretted my action after 3months but I was happy I left. The noise in the area alone will tell you something.

I hope my good my good friend Samuel is safe

I once worked there too, I hope you’re not talking of Samuel Paul
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by grandstar(m): 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2019
ruffhandu:
Safety breach I guess. I am yet to hear stuff like "Nigerian boss slaps his American domestic staff in Texas" or "A Nigerian company maltreats it's local employees in Shanghai" or "A large manufacturing company in Tokyo owned by a Nigerian/Nigerians on fire, many feared dead".

Everyday you hear it happening in Nigeria and nobody cares, not even the government. Well, even the Nigerian government doesn't obey its laws, is it foreigners that will?

Factories like these are called sweatshops globally

There are lots of sweatshops in India and China.

Most early investments by Hong Kong, Taiwanese and South Korean companies in China were sweatshops.

Countries generally export the work conditions in their home market and that's why many Indian and Chinese companies here are sweatshops

Your iPhone are made at glorified sweatshops owned by Foxconn, a Taiwanese company with over a million employees in China.

As countries get richer, sweatshops begin to die out as they thrive best on cheap labour. Once labour gets expensive, they either close shop and find new sucker locations or sell out.

China condoned sweatshops considering it the price it had to pay to become prosperous.

4 Likes

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by wiseworld: 10:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
Lagos state gov,!!!if you know you know even Fed government only help themselves,God should
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by michealdeco: 10:18pm On Apr 13, 2019
Nawaoo

If anyone of them survive it now he will become Iron man cool
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by Ginomel(m): 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
HisMajesty1:
Run away from jobs owned by Indians, Lebanese and Filipino's in Nigeria. Job hazards in their companies are usually too much and they don't give a hoot about us.

You love Chinese? because you didn't include them
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by sotech: 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
@op in addition, that same company has about 5 sister companies at agbara/ogun(cashier/doyin b/stop). namely- african ferterlizer and chemical ltd(note- they dont produce ferterlizer, its steel, glass etc. D name is to decieve tax forces n nigerians. 2.west african steel product co.(waspec). 3.african hydro and chemical ltd(acid and alum). 4. African wire and alied ind ltd(awail). 5. Parco-(binding wire and nail). 2 OTHER COMPANIES ISPAT AND SILICATE under d roof of 1 of d above with diff product.
note- from above company names, can u identify any indian name, even on their product.
From a genuine n reliable source, d majority(85%) of d people that work there are contract staff(pay- N800-1K2/DAY) Mon-sat(7am-7pm-day, 7pm-7am, night, brake-1pm-2pm). THIS IS SLAVERY ON OUR LAND , AN Indian that recieve d least pay is 350k. This is a multibillion naira comp. A nigerian staff that have worked there 4 over 6yrs said it was in his 4th yr e attained d status of staff. Its a company that can pay their employee 100k
Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by sunkieisland(m): 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2019
HisMajesty1:
Run away from jobs owned by Indians, Lebanese and Filipino's in Nigeria. Job hazards in their companies are usually too much and they don't give a hoot about us.

They can't give a hoot about their workers because the government doesn't give a rat's ar$e about its citizens.

The government is in a deep sleep, the citizens are dying and nobody is saving the day.

Jah have mercy on us

1 Like

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by ruffhandu: 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
grandstar:

Factories like these are called sweatshops globally

There are lots of sweatshops in India and China.

Most early investments by Hong Kong, Taiwanese and South Korean companies in China were sweatshops.

Countries generally export the work conditions in their home market and that's why many Indian and Chinese companies here are sweatshops

Your iPhone are made at glorified sweatshops owned by Foxconn, a Taiwanese company with over a million employees in China.

As countries get richer, sweatshops begin to die out as they thrive best on cheap labour. Once labour gets expensive, they either close shop and find new sucker locations or sell out.

China condoned sweatshops considering it the price it had to pay to become prosperous.

My question is "Will any of those countries allow a Nigerian/Nigerians own a 'sweatshop' in their country?

1 Like

Re: Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working by grandstar(m): 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
ruffhandu:

My question is "Will any of those countries allow a Nigerian/Nigerians own a 'sweatshop' in their country?

It's not a race thing. That's the mistake you're making.

It's like saying ," will they allow a Nigerian sell drugs in their country?".

You'd be surprised if I say "yes". Many Nigerians own garment factories in China. I'm sure they're labour practices aren't better than their competitors?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recruits Passing-Out From Depot Nigerian Army Today - Congratulations!! / Special Bus Conductor Spotted At Egbeda (photos) / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.