Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,038 members, 7,970,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:30 PM

Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign (841 Views)

Jonathan Begins Gradual Movement Out Of Aso Rock / The Die Is Cast As Jonathan Begins Gunboat Democracy / Jonathan Begins Counter Operation Against All G7 Governors! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Fogman(m): 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2010
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan began his campaign fot the 2011 presidential election with short message services, SMS, campaign yesterday by sending messages to millions of Nigerians on phones.

The message sent to me reads:

From J. Goodluck

"We are on the road to rebuild our nation, stand with me, stand for transformation."

He is expected to formally declare his interest to contest on Saturday 18th September, 2010.
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by daylae(m): 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2010
What strategy.
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by naso2(m): 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2010
[size=58pt]GOODLUCK NIGERIA[/size]
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by sulad82i(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2010
Does anyone else receive this text message?
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by chosen04(f): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2010
Fogman:

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan began his campaign fot the 2011 presidential election with short message services, SMS, campaign yesterday by sending messages to millions of Nigerians on phones.

The message sent to me reads:

From J. Goodluck

"We are on the road to rebuild our nation, stand with me, stand for transformation."

He is expected to formally declare his interest to contest on Saturday 18th September, 2010.

And how are you sure the text came from same J. Goodluck ?
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Fogman(m): 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2010
Surprised you are behind! Millions of Nigerians have received same and the sender is J Goodluck. Where it came from is not an issue, cos i dont know any other fellow with same name campaigning for presidency, except you know of any. It has also been confirmed by an evening tabloid. Call up some of your pals and confirm, if same message was not sent to them.
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by okhai(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2010
Yes it is through. I received the same sms at exactly 1:26pm in the afternoon. He should count me out. He is not the messiah that would transform or rebuild the country.
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by chosen04(f): 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2010
Fogman:

Surprised you are behind! Millions of Nigerians have received same and the sender is J Goodluck. Where it came from is not an issue, cos i dont know any other fellow with same name campaigning for presidency, except you know of any. It has also been confirmed by an evening tabloid. Call up some of your pals and confirm, if same message was not sent to them.

You are really a Female Joseph. Have you heard of the word NAME DROPPING? Any body can drop that name especially since it came through a customerised bulk sms. Its funny how an evening tabloid has become your source of information confirmation.

FYI, declaration of presidential ambition is never done through text massaging. . . . . . . .

BTW, You have be brain low to believe 100% that that information came from him . . . . . .(No pun intended, just personal obversation)
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Fogman(m): 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2010
Name dropping for what purpose? Would ve towed your path if we are still debating if he ll declare for the contest or not. Facts remains that it is a known secret that he ll be contesting and some of his aides, Gov of Imo, Vice President, etc  has confirmed that he ll declare his interest on the 18th Sept. In light of this, how does your arguements fits in?
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2010
Felt my phone vibrating this afternoon,

Was expecting some important news and i quickly flipped on to check,

and gbam, the silly so called we are building Nigeria message from J Goodluck came in

Damn, i was angry,  angry angry

Just tell G.j he just lost a vote
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by chosen04(f): 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2010
@frogman,

The question is how are you sure the text came from same J. Goodluck?

Whether he is declaring on 18th Sept. 2010 doesnot hold any water since any body could have dropped his name . . . . . . . .

Its amazing how those who claims to be progressive youths indeed! will believe any text massage they recieve just cos the massage is accompanied by the name of hero . . . .J. Goodluck! ****I weep for these folks*******
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Fogman(m): 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2010
I still dont understand where u re driving to? Pls educate me, what does the supposedly name dropper stand to gain?
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by chosen04(f): 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2010
Fogman:

I still dont understand where u re driving to? Pls educate me, what does the supposedly name dropper stand to gain?

Distraction is the name of the game . . . . . . . .

He/she(the name dropper) comes in peace and get the people to think he has the interest of his 'subject' at heart. But before you know it he does the ''damage control to the image of his 'subject'''.

What makes you think the text massage is not even a 'campaign damage control' from IBB's camp?. Join me lets rebuild Nigeria sounds so dumb that if it is a pre-declaration massage from Jonthan's camp, then Jonathan too must be DUMB . If he is actually declaring on 18th like you claimed why cant him sent massage urging Nigerians to join him build a better country as he declares on the said appointed date . . . .

I have gotten acustomerised massage from Enoch Adeboye asking us as members of RCCG to pray so that no member of our family will die. But can you believe that he later disowned the massage? . . . .
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Fogman(m): 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2010
Lets keep our fingers crossed and watch as events unfolds!
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Fogman(m): 7:18am On Sep 15, 2010
Another received last night!
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Mobinga: 8:21am On Sep 15, 2010
chosen04:

You are really a Female Joseph. Have you heard of the word NAME DROPPING? Any body can drop that name especially since it came through a customerised bulk sms. Its funny how an evening tabloid has become your source of information confirmation.

FYI, declaration of presidential ambition is never done through text massaging. . . . . . . .

BTW, You have be brain low to believe 100% that that information came from him . . . . . .(No pun intended, just personal obversation)
chosen04:

@frogman,

The question is how are you sure the text came from same J. Goodluck?

Whether he is declaring on 18th Sept. 2010 doesnot hold any water since any body could have dropped his name . . . . . . . .

Its amazing how those who claims to be progressive youths indeed! will believe any text massage they recieve just cos the massage is accompanied by the name of hero . . . .J. Goodluck! ****I weep for these folks*******
chosen04:

Distraction is the name of the game . . . . . . . .

He/she(the name dropper) comes in peace and get the people to think he has the interest of his 'subject' at heart. But before you know it he does the ''damage control to the image of his 'subject'''.

What makes you think the text massage is not even a 'campaign damage control' from IBB's camp?. Join me lets rebuild Nigeria sounds so dumb that if it is a pre-declaration massage from Jonthan's camp, then Jonathan too must be DUMB . If he is actually declaring on 18th like you claimed why cant him sent massage urging Nigerians to join him build a better country as he declares on the said appointed date . . . .

I have gotten acustomerised massage from Enoch Adeboye asking us as members of RCCG to pray so that no member of our family will die. But can you believe that he later disowned the massage? . . . .

Nigeria, My Nigeria. . . .
Please What's a Text Massage?
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by ayo84(m): 8:24am On Sep 15, 2010
i didnt get any text message ,wow,im waiting for one
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Erhagbe(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2010
I want to send this message to all Nigerians @ home and in diaspora. Do not sell your votes. Your vote is your right to transforming this Great Nation so we can't fold our hands and watch our great Nation die in the Hands of those who have no meaningful agenda for us. Let us all vote for the right candidate. Vote J. Goodluck so that Nigerians will be lucky indeed.
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 15, 2010
Erhagbe:

I want to send this message to all Nigerians @ home and in diaspora. Do not sell your votes. Your vote is your right to transforming this Great Nation so we can't fold our hands and watch our great Nation die in the Hands of those who have no meaningful agenda for us. Let us all vote for the right candidate. Vote J. Goodluck so that Nigerians will be lucky indeed.

Nigerians in the Diaspora cant vote for now. I've not seen the sms though and for me its not a strong way to break an sms campaign. I will vote for GEJ all things being equal but I think he needs some creative fellas like me to work on his campaign
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Fogman(m): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2010
@ Mobinga,Short Message Service SMS
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Fogman(m): 11:10am On Sep 15, 2010
@ Mobinga, Short Message Service SMS
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2010
Fogman:

@ Mobinga, Short Message Service SMS

lol. What Mobinga was referring to was the spelling error. Massage instead of message. LOL
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by IkeM3: 11:23am On Sep 15, 2010
I got same message, i loved it and am happy we have someone who wants to be voted for, asking the real voters for vote.
It makes me proud to be a Nigerian. Most of the other contestants cannot not send sms, nor know what bulk sms is and most do not have email addresses.
Re: Jonathan Begins SMS Campaign by MetalGong4: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2010
Ike.M:

I got same message, i loved it and am happy we have someone who wants to be voted for, asking the real voters for vote.
It makes me proud to be a Nigerian. Most of the other contestants cannot not send sms, nor know what bulk sms is and most do not have email addresses.

So you will vote for him just because you recieved an SMS . . . Waves head in disappointment grin

(1) (Reply)

How Come Some Nigerians Are Myopic In Their Thoughts? / School Pupils Released In Abia / Is Ibb Going To Be Our Next President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.