Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,881 members, 7,876,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1584515 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:41am On Jun 19, 2013
Ngong Racecourse

Home of the Kenya Derby. Horse racing has been ongoing here for over 100 years.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:42am On Jun 19, 2013
North-western side of the Central Business District:

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 19, 2013
i love this thread and always come back for updates.

I am seriously considering visiting there.
Still looking into it smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 19, 2013
churific: My next international destination. I look forward to experiencing Nairobi. Our next documentary should be interesting!

YOU MAKE DOCUMENTARIES?! shocked

put a sister on!! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by smoriacy: 8:05am On Jun 19, 2013
pinata i really lyk ur photos keep that up love kdf cud u b havin za airforce na navy?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by dereWaMatt: 11:50am On Jun 22, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

Is it true that the President killed some people?

sorry,couldnt let this pass...its so not true.
galivant,what you are saying is that millions of kenyans delibarately voted in the wrong person.
Despite the west trying to steer the election in favour of a particular candidate and even threatening consequences if kenyatta won kenyans stood firm and voted in their choice..and he is no killer.anyways lets wait for the ICC (a western tool) to cofirm it.na sina ubaya.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2013
dereWaMatt:

sorry,couldnt let this pass...its so not true.
galivant,what you are saying is that millions of kenyans delibarately voted in the wrong person.
Despite the west trying to steer the election in favour of a particular candidate and even threatening consequences if kenyatta won kenyans stood firm and voted in their choice..and he is no killer.anyways lets wait for the ICC (a western tool) to cofirm it.na sina ubaya.

I don't want to turn this into a political platform.About his charges by the ICC,facts speak for themselves and justice shall prevail.However,since majority of Kenyans gave him the mandate lets wait and see if he will deliver.As far as things go he has my support. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by smoriacy: 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2013
when we turn into politics ths site itasuck pliz muache hyo stuf ya UK PAP mueke photos imebamba sana nduru wapi sasa
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2013
Midday prayer - Lamu, Coast Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
Lamu market

Lamu Harbor

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2013
Cultures of the Kenyan Coast

Lamu

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by dereWaMatt: 10:36am On Jun 23, 2013
gallivant:

I don't want to turn this into a political platform.About his charges by the ICC,facts speak for themselves and justice shall prevail.However,since majority of Kenyans gave him the mandate lets wait and see if he will deliver.As far as things go he has my support. smiley

true,i dont want that for this wonderful thread either.you are doing an excellent job and il contribute whenever i can.y not post blankets n wine and others on ssc(magical kenya)..if its not too much trouble ofcrse.

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
dereWaMatt:

true,i dont want that for this wonderful thread either.you are doing an excellent job and il contribute whenever i can.y not post blankets n wine and others on ssc(magical kenya)..if its not too much trouble ofcrse.

wink
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
Diani - Mombasa, Coast Province

View from the Beach - Diani, Kenya by errebiemme, on Flickr

2 by Sleep Out, on Flickr

3 by Sleep Out, on Flickr
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
6:AM Diani cool

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 02, 2013
LOL if this is all about Nairobi then it is far from looking like Lagos.

Constantin: This is NairobiĀ“s Central Park

Old British style Resort called "Windsor Resort"

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ustadh: 10:38am On Jul 02, 2013
Moorlands in the Aberdare. Source http://www.safari254.com/?p=690

Giant lobelias add to the majestic landscape.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:20am On Jul 03, 2013
Beautiful! smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:23am On Jul 03, 2013
Lake Bogoria

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:25am On Jul 03, 2013
Uplands - Rift Valley

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ustadh: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2013
Hell's gate national park; scenes of the 1994 animation The Lion King were heavily modeled on scenery from the Park. Source
http://www.safari254.com/hells-gate-national-park/

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ustadh: 10:12am On Jul 03, 2013
More of hell's gate park. Source http://www.safari254.com/hells-gate-national-park/

From the size of the people on the bottom of the pic one can estimate height of clif.

There is a wide variety of wildlife in the national park, though many are few in number.

The park is popular due to its close proximity to Nairobi and lowered park fees compared to other National Parks.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
Lake Nakuru - Rift Valley

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
Chyulu Hills - Eastern Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mombasa with Fort Jesus in the background - Coast Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ustadh: 5:49am On Jul 09, 2013
Chyulu hills. Source of pics http://www.safari254.com/chyulu-hills/

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ustadh: 6:07am On Jul 09, 2013
The Syokimau train service. Source of pics http://www.safari254.com/syokimau-train-adventure/

Inside the train. Clean and orderly. I have travelled on the train during peak hrs, and had a very pleasant journey - comfortable and no squeezing like the Kibera and the Ruiru trains.

The train at Syokimau Station

The train station is still empty,their is supposed to be shops to serve commuters.

The check in barriers.

An interesting note; It's cheaper to use the train ie. distance from Nairobi cbd to syokimau 20km costs ksh.30 ($0.3),yet taking a boda boda (motorbike taxi) or matatu can cost you upto ksh.100 ($1.5) for a relatively short distance of say 3km.
Let's hope the government or private sector can come up with more such projects to connect each and every Nairobi suburb and it's environs.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Orikinla(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
The slums in Kenya are worse than those in Nigeria.
If I post the photographs, many people will be too depressed to even sleep.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ustadh: 10:13am On Jul 11, 2013
Orikinla

The slums in Kenya might as well be worse than the Nigerian ones. But the purpose of this thread is to showcase the other side of Africa which is rarely seen or told.

Check the following link and see what i'm talking about.

http://www.ted.com/talks/chimamanda_adichie_the_danger_of_a_single_story.html

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by smoriacy: 10:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
Orikinla: The slums in Kenya are worse than those in Nigeria.
If I post the photographs, many people will be too depressed to even sleep.
really? kenya has 40million people 40% living below poverty level
nigeria has 160million 45% under poverty level thats lyk all of kenya so pliz state ur refference n we got 20 billion barrels of oil estimate of 2013 nigeria gat 35 billion of oil barrels haha we comin over

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.