Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,182 members, 7,880,686 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:25 AM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1585011 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2009
@naliaka
chinook:

@mwanamiwa

you are doing great job men,have realize people like narliaka are satisfied,no more comments from them.

it seems that they are turning upper hill to another city within a city.

naliakar, i love ur approach, unfortunately its human nature to point @others, n is it not the problem we r havin in Africa.WWWOISH, Nairobi will make u piss on yaself, or better , whatever
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by kariz75: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ mwanamiwa
Good job on the pics. can you get more night photos. and maybe for the changes announced by Mutua
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 2:45am On Sep 15, 2009
volina:

@naliaka
naliakar, i love your approach, unfortunately its human nature to point @others, n is it not the problem we r havin in Africa.WWWOISH, Nairobi will make u piss on yaself, or better , whatever

Volina

Do not argue like someone who went to Boko Haram University, This is Nairobi too:Just read on

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/InsidePage.php?id=1144024019&cid=4&ttl=A%20boy%20kidnapped,%20killed%20and%20disfigured
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by kariz75: 3:12am On Sep 15, 2009
@Naliakar,
So what does that means?? that there is crime in Nairobi?

http://nigerianbulletin.com/tag/nigeria-crime-news/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_fraud

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/14/2009-09-14_man_critical_after_gang_stabs_him_in_the_neck.html

All what this means is there is crime like there is in Lagos, in New York or any other major city. Enjoy the pride on
Nairobi.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by kariz75: 3:35am On Sep 15, 2009
More Nai's pride.
Village Market and Braeburn school

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:20am On Sep 15, 2009
Nairobi - Gigiri/Runda/Limuru Road

UN HQ in Africa Gigiri

[img]http://www.iisd.ca/ozone/mop15/pix/nov14/gigiri.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.iisd.ca/ozone/mop15/pix/nov10/gardens.jpg[/img]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:24am On Sep 15, 2009
Thanks Kariz75 and volina smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:25am On Sep 15, 2009
House in Runda suburb

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by platinumnk(f): 5:29am On Sep 15, 2009
wow these pics are stunning, someone must be my real estate agent cheesy
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2009
naliakar:

Volina

Do not argue like someone who went to Boko Haram University, This is Nairobi too:Just read on

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/InsidePage.php?id=1144024019&cid=4&ttl=A%20boy%20kidnapped,%20killed%20and%20disfigured

, is it in this schul that people are taught that every coin has its two side?, am thinking u must be one of the graduates, what the crime rate in Nairobi,lagos and New york?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2009
volina:

, is it in this schul that people are taught that every coin has its two side?, am thinking u must be one of the graduates, what the crime rate in Nairobi,lagos and New york?

@Volina

At Boko Haram, they also teach us that my neighbor being a murderer does not validate my predilection to the same. This thread showcases Nairobi on the basis of contrast with other cities, not similarities. Granted, at some point both contrast and similarity coincide and the alluring beauty of Nairobi (there is no doubt it is a miniature of beauty) is equally matched by Kenya's slow slide into a failed state where militia such as Mungiki have effectively usurped the role of the police. As a visitor to your overrated city, I am better prepared if I know where my safety and security bets are. What is the difference between what Mungiki is doing and what Foday Sonkoh visited on Siera Leonians a while back. It is sickening that you get carried away with dry infrastructure but condone wanton human rights abuses; both feeding each other and on each other with ethnic abandon.

Nawahurumia ninyi Wakenya.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
volina:

well said, at least u r one of those who have diverted this thread.The ultimate purpose of th eperson who created it is on page one.being pessimistic is a disease that most of us can never be healed. ur not alone bro.is the glass half full or half empty , u have not answered ma question on crime rate.or is it another oversight!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2009
volina:

well said, at least u r one of those who have diverted this thread.The ultimate purpose of th eperson who created it is on page one.being pessimistic is a disease that most of us can never be healed. your not alone bro.is the glass half full or half empty , u have not answered ma question on crime rate.or is it another oversight!

The very first sentence of my rejoinder answers your question or as a Nairobian narcissist,  you want things spelled for you abi?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2009
Hahahahaha, a Nigerian describing kenya as a failf state, hahaha, naliakar u made my day!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2009
Hahahahaha, a Nigerian describing kenya as a failf state, hahaha, naliakar u made my day!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by kariz75: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2009
@Naliaka,
we don't dispute we don't have some problems, so does Nigeria with delta region where kidnapping is the order of the day or Houston Texas with MS13 gang bangers, or LA with their bloods gangs. This is cost of development. For your info i have been to Lagos and Abuja and there are also problems too. Mugiki is just a gang like anyother in USA or skinheads in Britain. That does not make Kenya a failed state as much as Delta region kidnapping make Nigeria a failed state. We Kenyans want to show the beautiful side of our cities which are not shown on CNN or BBC and you should also do the same for Lagos and Abuja.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by kariz75: 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2009
@Naliaka
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4617658.stm
Read the articles about Nigeria on this link and tell if if this make Nigeria a failed state
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 6:50am On Sep 16, 2009
@mwanamiwa.
what happened to the proposed construction of 7 star hotel at KICC,is  there any plan a foot?

@ narliakar

i always know that your are an introvert ,recluse  to be precise,i'll not be bothered at all with what you say about Nairobi.who does not know Abuja or Lagos?,a governor from one of the Nigeria state confessed when he visited Kenya that  he is ashamed of his own country developments and he couldn't  believe what he saw in Nairobi.

crimes are everywhere,and what more crime is worse than the corruption in our own Nigeria? .
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 16, 2009
naliakar is not a Nigerian so can you people hold your horses.

She's Kenyan or from some other African country.

She may have links to Nigeria but she's more likely Kenyan or from somewhere where they dont like Kenya.

check the list of your enemy countries - she may be related to there.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by cystein(m): 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2009
Guys, this may be an old post but the reality in the beauty of Nairobi ain't government oriented. The private Central Business District Association is behind all this and therefore Nigerian businessmen should follow suit and stop investing abroad. However our slams are horribal and the govt has embarked on a slum upgrading project. This is Africa anyway and i expect tax payers to lose millions in this as it may just be another white elephant.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:13pm On Sep 16, 2009

She may have links to Nigeria but she's more likely Kenyan or from somewhere where they dont like Kenya.

She is definately not Kenyan!I hope.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 12:11am On Sep 17, 2009
tpia.:

Why do you want to banish a fellow citizen from Naija for telling these Kenyans a few truths. OH I get it, my criticism would be palatable if I were to claim a non Naija citizenship. Well I will claim Biafran citizenship then. Tpia, have you swallowed Becomerich's poison that everything Eastern and especially people from the East ceases to be Nigerian. Oh God why on earth  did the  Biafran autonomy encumber hiccups. I would not be Nigerian but for that. Long live Kaduna Nzeogwu, Long live Emekaojukwu, Long  live Aguyo Ironsi.

As for the Nairobi worshipers, let me reserve my comments for now. They choose a Naija site to showcase their  small city yet have thin skins for criticism. Tpia, where have you seen a city that is all glass and not a single industry in sight-not a single manufacturing concern? What a facade?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 17, 2009
my bad- i assumed naliakar wasnt Nigerian from the little interaction I've had with him or her.

I'm still not convinced s/he is however.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 1:14am On Sep 17, 2009
tpia.:

my bad- i assumed naliakar wasnt Nigerian from the little interaction I've had with him or her.

I'm still not convinced s/he is however.

@Tpia

You could be right to the extent that Igbo people's place of origin is somewhere in East Africa. That be so, I bet my destiny that the cradle was nevr close to Kenya. The igbo pedigree is just different.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by kariz75: 2:25am On Sep 17, 2009
I am just glad that Naliaka is not Kenyan or East African for that matter. With that kind of attitude no wonder Abuja and Lagos are the way they are despite of all the oil money Naija have, and by the way Nailaka we do have industries and oil refinaries, at least we dont export clude and import refined gas.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by DisGuy: 8:03am On Sep 17, 2009
Keep it clean guys cheesy

we are Africans aye!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2009
Dis Guy:

Keep it clean guys cheesy

we are Africans aye!

Thanks Dis guy. Hello fellows. Listen to the moderator OK?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 1:29am On Sep 19, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 1:44am On Sep 19, 2009

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.