Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,555 members, 7,926,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 06:40 PM

A Sensitization Talk On Career Choices For Secondary School Students In Ugbokolo - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Sensitization Talk On Career Choices For Secondary School Students In Ugbokolo (3630 Views)

Advice On Career Path. / I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / Lagos Stops Promotion Based On Career Progression, Reveals New Criterion (MUST R (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Sensitization Talk On Career Choices For Secondary School Students In Ugbokolo by onijerry034(m): 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2019
A SENSITIZATION TALK ON CAREER CHOICES FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN UGBOKOLO COMMUNITY, OKPOKWU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, BENUE STATE
PRESENTED BY
ONI OLUWAGBOTEMI JERRY
Good morning students, trust you are doing fine. Please be serious about the session, we are about to go into. I need your rapt attention and I know you will give me. We will be talking about our career choices very quickly. What do you understand by career? Before we continue let's establish that our first priority in life must always be to develop an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. Only then will your career and choices matter. This is the basis for finding God's will for your career.
God has created you with the aptitude for particular skills and abilities and with the inclination towards particular interests. Your design is the most important factor to consider in making career choices. To make good career choices, you must have a thorough knowledge of your personality, skills, interests, strengths, values, abilities.
MIRROR: Who am I? What interests/fascinates me? What am I especially good at? What makes me different?
COMPASS: Who do I want to be? What career options do I have?
MAP: How do I get there?
VEHICLE: carriers/means of getting there?
It is our utmost desire/ heart cry that you don't make the same mistakes some of us made by discovering your career early enough. Choose & list out a lot of careers and explore them in a detailed manner. Know & find out the requirements and narrow down and select best career.
Conduct & Search for further information
> Ask questions from people, seek advice, obtain guidance (mentorship)
> Visit the internet to explore opportunities.
> Go to the field (training).
Make your career choice and be informed. Be dynamic and open to new and emerging career paths. However, before career you need to pass your exams, you need to qualify. It is your responsibility to use your God-given minds to learn how to make good career choices. Wishing you good success. Thank you for your attention.

(1) (Reply)

Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria ( Job/it/siwes/internship) / I Make N25,000 Daily Selling Shawarma’ / Architecture Or Medicine, Which Should I Consider? Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.