Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:33 AM

The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria (38074 Views)

Mass Communication Degree To Be Phased Out As Professors Submit New Curricula / 10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today / Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by DBossNG(m): 9:30am On Apr 16, 2019
undecided
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by Ladboy(m): 9:33am On Apr 16, 2019
I love the development
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:40am On Apr 16, 2019
Seriously as far as I am concerned, all these should be the scope of mass communication

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by howobola(m): 9:47am On Apr 16, 2019
A welcome development cheesy
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by SocialJustice: 9:48am On Apr 16, 2019
frankmoney:
Is there a short course on film and multimedia studies in any Nigerian University ?
Go to NTA Jos or PEFTI Institute Lagos.
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by Popmaster2019(f): 9:50am On Apr 16, 2019
This is cool tho.
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by millynels(f): 10:04am On Apr 16, 2019
capitalzero:
Help me tell them oo

forex
Bitcoin
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by Lihyunpark(m): 10:40am On Apr 16, 2019
suggested topics for a yoruba project please. Any idea
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by clems88(m): 10:41am On Apr 16, 2019
Mass fornication grin
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by NareshIT: 10:54am On Apr 16, 2019
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by Moventist: 11:08am On Apr 16, 2019
My first Degree is TV Journalism While I am currently studying MA in Radio and TV Broadcasting
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by nickxtra(m): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2019
massmediang:
Professors, professionals and practitioners of communication in Nigeria presented new communication curricula to National Universities Commission (NUC). Proponents of the new curricula worked on it for over two years and have been advocating for its acceptance and adoption. They include professors and senior lecturers from the departments of mass communication/communication studies of numerous universities spread across the six geo-political zones of Nigeria.

Others that were part of the advocacy for acceptance of the new curricula are regulatory agencies such as the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) and Nigerian Press Council (NPC); professional bodies such as the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON), Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and Radio, Television and Theartre Arts Workers Union (RATTAWU); practitioners such as the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), print media journalists and the Director of Public Relations of the Nigerian Navy; and international development agencies such as UNESCO, UNICEF and the MacArthur Foundation.

If you are interested in studying mass communication in Nigeria or you are a graduate of this discipline, seven new courses would be replacing this degree. Here are the seven independent degree-awarding departments which the new curricula seek to establish in place of mass communication:
1. Journalism & Media Studies

2. Public Relations

3. Advertising

4. Broadcasting

5. Film & Multimedia Studies

6. Development Communication Studies

7.Information & Media Studies

Read details;
https://massmediang.com/see-seven-powerful-courses-to-replace-mass-communication-degree-in-nigeria/
What is the difference between Journalism and Media Studies vs. Information and Media studies?
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by Moventist: 11:10am On Apr 16, 2019
SocialJustice:
Go to NTA Jos or PEFTI Institute Lagos.

NTA TV. College Jos that's where I got Bsc in TV Journalism , They offer different short courses in Media
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by iluvdonjazzy: 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2019
massmediang:
Professors, professionals and practitioners of communication in Nigeria presented new communication curricula to National Universities Commission (NUC). Proponents of the new curricula worked on it for over two years and have been advocating for its acceptance and adoption. They include professors and senior lecturers from the departments of mass communication/communication studies of numerous universities spread across the six geo-political zones of Nigeria.

Others that were part of the advocacy for acceptance of the new curricula are regulatory agencies such as the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) and Nigerian Press Council (NPC); professional bodies such as the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON), Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and Radio, Television and Theartre Arts Workers Union (RATTAWU); practitioners such as the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), print media journalists and the Director of Public Relations of the Nigerian Navy; and international development agencies such as UNESCO, UNICEF and the MacArthur Foundation.

If you are interested in studying mass communication in Nigeria or you are a graduate of this discipline, seven new courses would be replacing this degree. Here are the seven independent degree-awarding departments which the new curricula seek to establish in place of mass communication:

2. Public Relations

3. Advertising

4. Broadcasting

Read details;
https://massmediang.com/see-seven-powerful-courses-to-replace-mass-communication-degree-in-nigeria/
these courses should be under mass communication na.
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
PaddyX:
Will there be jobs for them after they graduate?
most of the studies will make one self employed.
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
Offpoint:
Mass comm... where the dullest students are foundgrin

How dem rush to apply....

Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by ogunlana12(f): 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2019
pls, i need some one who reg for this yr Nigeria Navy, i lost my guarantors form and co, some one to help me pls, i will pay the person stress, i take God beg you brothers n sisters, pls help me out
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by ogunlana12(f): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2019
pls, i need some one who reg for this yr Nigeria Navy, i lost my guarantors form and co, some one to help me pls, i will pay the person stress, i take God beg you brothers n sisters, pls help me out
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by Osayi15(f): 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
Waaoo that's good
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by zeemony: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
massmediang:

2. Public Relations

3. Advertising

4. Broadcasting

Read details;
ok. Noted
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
I would like to run a short course program on Public Relations after my first degree smiley
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by dxdiag(m): 7:39am On Apr 17, 2019
ogunlana12:
Chat me on 070*6092*6756
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by lifestyle1(m): 7:55am On Jan 09, 2020
Good
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
Offpoint:
Mass comm... where the dullest students are foundgrin

How dem rush to apply....

Aswear u get problem.

grin grin grin
Re: The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria by SpatialKing(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02
Moventist:

NTA TV. College Jos that's where I got Bsc in TV Journalism , They offer different short courses in Media

Hello bro,

I find it difficult processing Transcript from that school

(1) (2) (Reply)

Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria / Meet Zahirat Galleon, University Of Maiduguri 1st Female SUG Vice President / Benue Poly Students Suffer Flood From Early Morning Downpour (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.