Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,661 members, 7,951,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 11:57 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday (37034 Views)

Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row (Photos) / Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) / Canaan City; Images From A House Purchased (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
pentax:

Are Covenant and other mission schools exclusive to christians only?
I went to Bowen and we have quite a handful of muslims
It is a question? Is it exclusive to Christians yes or no?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by aariwa(m): 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2019
HigherEd:
It is all well and good to minister to people’s souls, but without a roof over their heads, clothes on their bodies and food in their stomachs, the sheep will assuredly stray from the flock. Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel is cognizant of this truth that escapes the mind of other men of God. Hence he always incorporates community schemes into his broader mission of soul winning.

The stupendously rich pastor who presides over one of the biggest congregations in the southern hemisphere is a maverick of no mean repute who has invested far and wide and boasts perhaps the biggest business portfolio in the body of Christ. While it is undeniable that the Overlord of Canaanland attracts wealth by the lorry load, a lesser acknowledged fact is how every scheme he engages in is carried out with the benefit of his burgeoning congregation in mind.

And now the charismatic and explosive man of God is at it again. The dream of a gigantic housing estate-cum-mini city which was floated few years back has materialized. The huge complex of colourful homes and first-rate amenities is said to comprise up to 15 000 residences, ranging from a single bedroom apartment to multi-bedroom mansions.

Related Post

Transcorp Hilton Promises Easter Treat for Families

Indaba: Africans Urged to Change Continent’s Narrative

The best part of the humongous superestate dubbed Canaan City Estate is its self-sustaining model. In a move comparable to the famed Eko Atlantic project, it will have its own markets, parks and gardens, sports centres, pipe-borne water system, police department, fire and medical services, and power generation. Everything will be connected together by a network of fine roads that look like they were transplanted straight from a First-World country.

It is no news that when he founded Covenant and Landmark universities, two of the best private schools in the country, he decreed preferential treatment for members of his church when it comes to admissions. It is more of the same with the current project. According to those in the know, the Canaanland Housing project is adopting a strict “Church Members First” policy before outsiders are considered.

With repayment mortgages of up to 30 years on offer for the houses which are up for sale at mouth-watering prices, the Canaan City Estate has become a hot cake among property lovers who are rushing to buy before the prices balloon out of pocket range.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/04/07/bishop-david-oyedepo-wins-with-canaan-city-estate/?amp

Photos of the First estate Immediately after construction ended.

Each estate contains about 300 houses and are gated even within Canaancity

Hot cake but I hope it doesn't get bought up by cabals and then resold at higher prices
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Muscomide: 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2019
wanger50:
No greening? Typical Nigerian homes!

My thoughts exactly. Our landscape is gradually becoming a concrete jungle.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Icon79(m): 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2019
So there's Canaan city and then Canaan land?

Me, I only sabi the one wey dey around Sagamu side … whatever name that one is, I think it's Canaan land. That place is almost as big as my home town shocked

O pari

thankfulsoul:
lovely place to be. I am staying there. My view now. But the hype too much. Canaancity is not as. Big as the poster is portraying it. Canaanland is even bigger than Canaancity. Abeg Oyedepo na correct businessman
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 16, 2019
blank:

There's a 30 year mortgage which is really good. It will make the houses more affordable to more people.

so how much does the average nigerian earn to be able to afford 30 years mortage. You also have to put some cash down, your age will be checked and also ur account to be qualify for mortage
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2019
Beautiful
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
BIXYBABE:
But it still part of the rich followers that will buy d property, and also no one pray 2 be poor forever.

no every one will be rich even if they pray from now to jesus come.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by updatechange(m): 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
CodeTemplar:
It may end up being bigger than Lagos because developers are already seeing the nearest future prospect of that axis as a high brow area and are expanding it already by situating new estates around Canaan city. What's the size of Ikeja by the way.

"Developers" shocked you mean the ones in SE
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by bigiyaro(m): 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
barojana:
However a word of caution to Winners family and Oyedepo. I'm saying this as a christian. Canaancity that I saw with my eyes is too big to have a strict Christian identity. It would spark unnecessary debates if Muslims are in anyway shape of form excluded from this city. How can a citizen of this country be exempted from a city within Nigeria based on religious affiliations.

When the church finally opens to member of the public it must sell to Muslims, traditionalist and atheists too, because the land was procured from both Christians , Traditionalist and Muslims and the land still belongs to Nigeria.

We enjoy amazing peace and coexistence here in Ogun State, between Christians and Muslims. And our peace over the years has been a product of mutual brotherly respect not grandstanding.

Also, the church for the love of God should avoid running a business monopoly. Schools, hospitals, market should be open to everybody to invest in. These are issues that can cause problem in the future.

Lastly, It would be interesting to see whether Winners would allow RCCG fulfill her aggressive church planting system inside Canaancity. If rccg and winners fail this test, then if anyone complains of too much churches in Lagos then we should all just shut up.

Canaancity and Redemption city should take note...

Lalasticlala
what rubbish are you blabbing? this is a CHURCH/CHRISTAN project. go and build your own city for Muslims or atheists. metchewww!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by mrbock: 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
lilwetdick:

so how much does the average nigerian earn to be able to afford 30 years mortage. You also have to put some cash down, your age will be checked and also ur account to be qualify for mortage

Mr man massive funds were invested in those projects, so they should run at a loss or what?

if you have a decent job, you will qualify for a mortgage and I've been privy to the terms. they are very generous

instead of you to applaud excellence. you all will castigate

if you are worried about folk not being to afford a very modest amount for accommodation, you anger should be directed towards the government.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2019
mrbock:

Mr man massive funds were invested in those projects, so they should run at a loss or what?

if you have a decent job, you will qualify for a mortgage and I've been privy to the terms. they are very generous

instead of you to applaud excellence. you all will castigate

if you are worried about folk not being to afford a very modest amount for accommodation, you anger should be directed towards the government.

massive fund collected from poor people
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by CodeTemplar: 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
updatechange:

"Developers" shocked you mean the ones in SE
lol...not those ones but they can decide to use their proceeds and thats out of the picture here.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by mikolo80: 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
barojana:
However a word of caution to Winners family and Oyedepo. I'm saying this as a christian. Canaancity that I saw with my eyes is too big to have a strict Christian identity. It would spark unnecessary debates if Muslims are in anyway shape of form excluded from this city. How can a citizen of this country be exempted from a city within Nigeria based on religious affiliations.

When the church finally opens to member of the public it must sell to Muslims, traditionalist and atheists too, because the land was procured from both Christians , Traditionalist and Muslims and the land still belongs to Nigeria.

We enjoy amazing peace and coexistence here in Ogun State, between Christians and Muslims. And our peace over the years has been a product of mutual brotherly respect not grandstanding.

Also, the church for the love of God should avoid running a business monopoly. Schools, hospitals, market should be open to everybody to invest in. These are issues that can cause problem in the future.

Lastly, It would be interesting to see whether Winners would allow RCCG fulfill her aggressive church planting system inside Canaancity. If rccg and winners fail this test, then if anyone complains of too much churches in Lagos then we should all just shut up.

Lalasticlala
they should build their own
Nobody will drag it with them
Let's see how they will sustain it with Quran recital

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by blank(f): 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2019
lilwetdick:

Obviously it won't be for everyone but it will ease ownership for a lot of others. People that may not otherwise qualify will be able to and since it is self sustaining, it would also be an economy kick starter. It's a good move.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by thankfulsoul: 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
Canaanland is where the university and chapel is located. It's really massive. Canaancity is just extension of Canaanland,only one road between them. The place is growing no doubt
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
blank:

Obviously it won't be for everyone but it will ease ownership for a lot of others. People that may not otherwise qualify will be able to and since it is self sustaining, it would also be an economy kick starter. It's a good move.

this will not be an economy kick starter rather an avenue for corrupt rich people to launder money. You will be suprised that most of the rich guy might have bought the property before construction.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by gbagyiza: 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
post=77594953:
The Church is marching on and the Gates of Hell cannot prevail!

I swear living faith Church is a pace setter. Their vision is to much. If this country can be run like this, we all develop within a little space of time.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by CodeTemplar: 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
Afroban:

Ikeja is 49.92km2 while Canaancity is 8,000 hectares,

Lagos State is 351,861 hectares
49.92km² is about 5000 hectares. HigherEd tried now...

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Siscooh: 7:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
barojana:

The same duplex winners is selling 35 million is being sold by adron for 70 -90 million naira in the same Ota. And I don't think adron has the sort of services canaancity offers. So anyone who talks down on the church is saying rubbish... There are spaces for high rise buildings in the future plan and it would accommodate thousands of people. 90% of Winners adult members would be ablte to afford the housing self.

The only thing I hope they are working on is how to bring in the business community into that place. I advise the Bishop to reserve a chunk of the land for an industrial estate. The presence of 24/7 electricity and good road networks would be too enticing for businesses to pass over. And with that, banks would start moving in. The presence of a thriving middle class of hundreds of thousands of people would further encourage other businesses to come in.
Amen
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2019
crooked pastor
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by TjDeks(m): 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
gypsey:
crooked pastor
You better don't invoke curses on your self.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2019
TjDeks:
You better don't invoke curses on your self.
cooked pastor, i am guessing you are one of his gullible worshippers. curses my butt! grin
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
barojana:

Bishop Oyedepo will never sell a stone talkless of a building in Canaancity to any muslim. He dislikes them. He would rather sell it to a non-church going "unbeliever"

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by geosuzzy(f): 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
barojana:

Imagine this poo!! Tell ur people or any of the group aforementioned to build their own.....some clueless souls always think they have opinion on issues simply coz of free WiFi
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by HigherEd: 7:57pm On Apr 16, 2019
miketayo:

Lolz Canaan land is about 20km square and Ikeja is above 49km square.. how is 20 twice 49 cheesy
There is a difference between canaanland and canaancity.
Canaanland is the church campus which houses Covenant, FA, Staff residence, DPH et all. Canaanland is 20km2 according to Wikipedia.

Canaancity is the church housing city and it occupies 80km2 of land

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by HigherEd: 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2019
lilwetdick:

Canaancity has apartments for as low as 4 million naira. Now spread 4 million over 30 years. Has the church not tried?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by blank(f): 8:04pm On Apr 16, 2019
lilwetdick:

this will not be an economy kick starter rather an avenue for corrupt rich people to launder money. You will be suprised that most of the rich guy might have bought the property before construction.

Are you speaking facts? Or what you think? They are not responsible for creating or enforcing AML laws. That's the govt's job. They only need to follow whatever the rules are.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by ithink7: 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
barojana:

The city will most likely have rules that all residents will have to abide with. If you want to live in the city, you'll have to live by the rules else criminals might as well make it an haven.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by mikolo80: 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2019
barojana:
Called right to private property
Go and build your own

Did the Muslims Christians and traditionalists not collect money
Not by force to sell to them
Private property now
They did not give the land freely
They deserve nothing

Why didn't everybody build their own city
It is you that is looking for problem where there is none

What stop redeemed from building their own
Abi shebi dem prefer private jet

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by mikolo80: 8:31pm On Apr 16, 2019
post=77594953:
The Church is marching on and the Gates of Hell cannot prevail!
oyedepo is marching on you mean
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by iskay1971: 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2019
Papa as we call him said many years ago that it will be an insult to see him as president of just a nation. A lot like myself didn't understand the statement then. But now I can see clearly that My father Bshp Oyedepo is greater in passion for liberating people from oppressions of the devil.
THE TRUTH REMAINS WE NEED A MAN LIKE DR. DAVID O. OYEDEPO AS THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA - can you figure that out?
His visionary leadership and incomparable focus is impeccable. Winners chapel have started playing the role that govt has failed to play. Ride on church. It's good to teach others what prosperity is actually meant for.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Darevofpeace(m): 8:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
barojana:

The question you should have asked is that can our muslim counterpart accommodate Christians if they owns the estate.I doubt if any muslim would get a house in it.Less you forget,from the day,former president,Shehu Shagari took all christian missionary schools and converted it to government public school,religion took another dimensional approach.
Former Governor Tinubu did returned some to the original owners,that single act by shehu shagari collapsed the secondary school educational structure.Right from time,Christians are very accommodating but there muslim counterpart especially in the North do not reciprocate.
Yoruba Muslims do not worry though.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Demonic Convenant Associate With Attachment And Weavon / Shiite Muslims Attend Christmas Service In Zaria, Present Gift / My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.