Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,921 members, 7,942,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

: How My Husband Was Killed —widow ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / : How My Husband Was Killed —widow ! (632 Views)

‘my Husband Is Gay, He Masturbates In My Presence’ – Former Minister’s Daughter / My Husband Was Killed By Hausa Fulani.. Go And Die Widow / How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

: How My Husband Was Killed —widow ! by wales(m): 6:18am On Sep 15, 2010
The widow of Abdullahi Muazu, the head of the Forensic Unit of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Cecilia, has recounted how her husband was shot dead at their Kaduna home on Tuesday morning by unknown gunmen.

The late Muazu, according to her, was shot dead by the gunmen, after they invaded their residence in Kudende area of Kaduna. With tears rolling down her cheeks, Cecilia told newsmen that the gunmen forced their way into their home while the entire family was asleep and started their operation from the children’s room.

“I was fast asleep when they came in. I did not hear any sound but my husband heard them while they were ransacking the children’s room. He woke me up and told me that thieves were around.

“When they finished beating our children, they came to us. They hit our door several times before they gained entrance. When they entered, they asked him to bring money.

“He asked them ‘which money,’ but before you knew it, one of them shot him on the leg. Few minutes later, they shot him again in the stomach.

“The bullet passed through his stomach. The gun they used looked like that of the Nigeria Police”, she said.

The widow also said the robbers made away with N100,000 and cell phones from the house.

“They took the money he withdrew from the bank on Monday to pay the school fees of our children. It was about N100,000 and they also took his gun.

“You know, he was a retired police officer. When we offered them our car key, they refused,” she added.

She stated that it was their neighbour that alerted men of Operation Yaki, the Kaduna State anti-crime security outfit.

Cecilia said the police arrived at their home while they were taking her husband’s corpse to the hospital. She said he died before they got to St. Gerard Catholic Hospital, Kakuri, Kaduna.

The Public Relations Officer, Kaduna State Police Command, Aminu Lawan, confirmed the incident. Lawan, a deputy superintendent of police, however, did not give further details on the incident.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100915310240
Re: : How My Husband Was Killed —widow ! by wales(m): 6:19am On Sep 15, 2010
May his soul rest in peace,amen. As a retired police officer he should have at least shot at the robbers before been killed, what is the need of having a gun when you cant shoot when the robbers are in your home? well all the same i wish the family fortitude to bear their lost.
Re: : How My Husband Was Killed —widow ! by VALIDATOR: 8:08am On Sep 15, 2010
What a loss !!!  They went to his house because they knew he had such a huge amount of cash at home. I'm always disturbed whenever a bank teller asks me to put my name and address at the back of the check whenever I want to withdraw large sums.I believe that is the way those robbers get their info.
It's hi time we made a law to grossly reduce the amount of cash you can have on you.N20,000 will be fine.All other transactions should be cashless.

(1) (Reply)

Ibb:the Great-anti Corruption Crusader / Interview With Donald Duke - Video / Who Lied,our Teachers Or Babangida?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.