Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,692 members, 7,879,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:27 AM

What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. (5236 Views)

Pretty Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Goes Viral (Photos) / What's Your View On Inter-religion Marriage? / Importance Of Tribal Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by ERORR404(m): 9:18am On Apr 18, 2019
Uyi168:
I'm not fan..
My sister's experience wasn't pleasant at all..
Can you share?
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by placeofallure(f): 9:23am On Apr 18, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Marry from the East, and see them try to wisely drain u and exclude ur family. All the problem of her siblings u must solve, but she'll never ask u of ur own siblings of if u have a plan for them. They come to ur house and make it an Igbo affair, speaking their language to each other while u as the man become the stranger. The list is endless.
This is not always the case but I tell you, The picture you have painted here is exactly what my friend, a male is going through right now. As in ehn! He's Yoruba married to an ibo woman. His younger sister's husband came to the house, saw everything and quietly went back to tell the sister that these people will soon kill your brother if you don't pay attention to his situation. The marriage is on the brink of collapse right now.

My mum, even before I knew what boyfriend means, has always told me to look inwards and that is exactly what I did. It's a decision I didn't regret. I guess I'm just lucky cos it doesn't always work out well either.
Above everything, just marry your friend.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
teacherbim:

With you abi

Only if you're game.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by teacherbim(f): 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
Admin401:

Only if you're game.
Meaning?
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by Michelle55: 6:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
It's a welcome development to get to know more about your partner's background, culture etc. My cousin got married to an Edo man and they are living happily for years now. I really don't care where one's partner comes from as long he or she makes you complete and happy as a person.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
stinflame:

Your moniker says it all, so I aren't surprise. Only 10% of people from your region are liberal with inter tribal marriage.

Don't say majority fails, because that isn't true, marriage that is destined to fail even if it's from your clan will fail. We Nigeria really needs to clear of this tribal and region mentality.
I was ashamed of myself a certain day when I asked an American, during a flight take of what region is she from. She replied am an American and that comes first, and ended with I know it's a common practice in Nigeria.

She is American because she is an immigrant ...90% of them are immigrants we in my region don't do Inter tribals shít in short we ever want our own separate country

We ain't want our Genes contaminated please
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
ERORR404:

I'm a human of the nigerian tribe.. Honestly i don't care about identifying with any tribe or "clan". things like that only becomes important when you're seeking political office which I'm not interested in.

I said it ..this is the confusion!

stinflame:

Your moniker says it all, so I aren't surprise. Only 10% of people from your region are liberal with inter tribal marriage.

Don't say majority fails, because that isn't true, marriage that is destined to fail even if it's from your clan will fail. We Nigeria really needs to clear of this tribal and region mentality.
I was ashamed of myself a certain day when I asked an American, during a flight take of what region is she from. She replied am an American and that comes first, and ended with I know it's a common practice in Nigeria.

She is American because she is an immigrant ...90% of them are immigrants we in my region don't do Inter tribals shít in short we ever want our own separate country

Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
placeofallure:

This is not always the case but I tell you, The picture you have painted here is exactly what my friend, a male is going through right now. As in ehn! He's Yoruba married to an ibo woman. His younger sister's husband came to the house, saw everything and quietly went back to tell the sister that these people will soon kill your brother if you don't pay attention to his situation. The marriage is on the brink of collapse right now.

My mum, even before I knew what boyfriend means, has always told me to look inwards and that is exactly what I did. It's a decision I didn't regret. I guess I'm just lucky cos it doesn't always work out well either.
Above everything, just marry your friend.

Tge question is why are the Yoruba running away from their women ....something must be wrong with their girls

Deal with it

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

I said it ..this is the confusion!

Loll, u don't want ur gene contaminated when ur girls flood the North doing prostitution? Why because no husband from their region and parents aren't ready to accept outsiders even the girls to are embalmed in same mentality. Set urself free from such mental slavery. My sister is proudly married to an igbo man from enough. My nice and nephew are igbo, no hate...

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by MarianaTrench: 10:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
Avoid inter tribal marriage if you can

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by encryptjay(m): 2:27am On Apr 19, 2019
With the way I grew up, I've never really cared about marrying from one side. All I would want is a peaceful marriage. Even if I find myself outside the country, there's high chance I'll marry from there. I understand how the typical Nigerian carries this tribe thing on their head.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:07am On Apr 19, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
Inter tribal is a no no ...majority fail, those that don't fail end up having confused kids that can't either speak their native language or identify with their fathers tribe

They would say my mum is Igbo And my dad is Yoruba ..such a confusion

your mind is very shallow due to tribe blinkers

did you ever really got confused when you started learn english at primary skol ? look at you now you write in english but learning never stopped your from learning to write your tribal langauge neither did you stop your from speaking your langauge

being able to speak 3 langauges is a bonus, it exposes to you to many different mind set and culture makes it easier to appreciate other people culture and tradition

their nothing wrong to be proud with your own culture and tradition but looking down on intermarriage makes you no difference with white racist
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 6:36am On Apr 19, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

did you ever really got confused when you started learn english at primary skol ? look at you now you write in english but learning never stopped your from learning to write your tribal langauge neither did you stop your from speaking your langauge

being able to speak 3 langauges is a bonus, it exposes to you to many different mind set and culture makes it easier to appreciate other people culture and tradition

their nothing wrong to be proud with your own culture and tradition but looking down on intermarriage makes you no difference with white racist

Okay I talk am.... Inter tribal stuff confuses and you have proven me right

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 6:37am On Apr 19, 2019
MarianaTrench:
Avoid inter tribal marriage if you can
it confuses the and makes them live in regret
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 6:38am On Apr 19, 2019
stinflame:

Loll, u don't want ur gene contaminated when ur girls flood the North doing prostitution? Why because no husband from their region and parents aren't ready to accept outsiders even the girls to are embalmed in same mentality. Set urself free from such mental slavery. My sister is proudly married to an igbo man from enough. My nice and nephew are igbo, no hate...

He has started calling names maybe you can do with the prostitutès ...we know you love thembevuse the word is even a Yoruba word Ashaewo and that is the Yoruba legacy to us all
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by ERORR404(m): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by ERORR404(m): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
I think you're just a tribalist and no one should even take opinion from you cause there's already a thick cloud of tribal bigotry hovering around your judgement. You probably have never traveled outside your village.

Ps: I'm not living in regret, if i were to come back to this life again I'll definitely love to come in an intertribal home.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 19, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

He has started calling names maybe you can do with the prostitutès ...we know you love thembevuse the word is even a Yoruba word Ashaewo and that is the Yoruba legacy to us all

I really wish u know.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 19, 2019
ERORR404:

I think you're just a tribalist and no one should even take opinion from you cause there's already a thick cloud of tribal bigotry hovering around your judgement. You probably have never traveled outside your village.

Ps: I'm not living in regret, if i were to come back to this life again I'll definitely love to come in an intertribal home.

Forget the guy, it's a norm in that part of the world . For ladies of another tribe , dating an igbo man is simply a waste of ur time.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by nkwuocha: 7:48am On Apr 19, 2019
I don't like it personally. I wont allow my sisters marry from any tribe other than an igbo man if i have my way.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 9:17am On Apr 19, 2019
ERORR404:

I am a tribalist and I don't even have apology for that. I am not for blood mixing , I believe in purity of bloodlines

Even Bible discouraged the Israelites from marrying outside and Jesus came from pure line of David
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 9:18am On Apr 19, 2019
nkwuocha:
I don't like it personally. I wont allow my sisters marry from any tribe other than an igbo man if i have my way.
gbam
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 9:20am On Apr 19, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

Also inter tribal marriages exposes pure blood to exotic diseases. This is simple biology

Are you even educated at all ?
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2019
stinflame:

Forget the guy, it's a norm in that part of the world . For ladies of another tribe , dating an igbo man is simply a waste of ur time.
tell them they should stop throwing themselves on Igbo Men. Igbo men have prettier ladies so dating outsiders is just waste of time trust me ...they are contended with what they have
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

Also inter tribal marriages exposes pure blood to exotic diseases. This is simple biology

what is pure blood ?

you need to educate yourself many diesease can be passed on not by blood by just contact but that has never made someone blood not pure

the indigenous americans (red indians)were wiped out by europeans when they moved into america does it mean the they intermarried ? NO thats was just contact

do you know the difference between immunisation and vaccine ? get back to me when your know the difference

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by MariamAlheri: 2:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
spacofadan:

No, the Niger Deltans are more liberal about it than any other tribe. Take this to the bank.

An average Youruba Muslim for instance who has spent almost all her growing up years in Ogun or Lagos state will be sceptical about marrying to a Rivers guy, but same girl from Edo or Delta or Bayelsa won't find it so difficult

True talk. I'm from Edo state and I've always loved intertribal relationships and marriages.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

I am a tribalist and I don't even have apology for that. I am not for blood mixing , I believe in purity of bloodlines

Even Bible discouraged the Israelites from marrying outside and Jesus came from pure line of David

purity in bloodlines is a self claim nothing wrong with if you believe in it, but if you look down the line of history it makes you weak as you dont pick other genies that make your survive other diseases, look at indians and pakistanies they marry 2nd cousins and they have lots of kids with disabilities simply becoz the genies of having a disability is being pass on generation to generation

dont use the bible/religion as bench mark to support your believes think outside the box not everyone believes in the bible/religion

purity of bloodline is one choice to marry within a certain choosen family/group/tribe nothing special about it from an outsider

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 10:27pm On Apr 19, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

purity in bloodlines is a self claim nothing wrong with if you believe in it, but if you look down the line of history it makes you weak as you dont pick other genies that make your survive other diseases, look at indians and pakistanies they marry 2nd cousins and they have lots of kids with disabilities simply becoz the genies of having a disability is being pass on generation to generation

dont use the bible/religion as bench mark to support your believes think outside the box not everyone believes in the bible/religion

purity of bloodline is one choice to marry within a certain choosen family/group/tribe nothing special about it from an outsider
that one Na your consolation
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

what is pure blood ?

you need to educate yourself many diesease can be passed on not by blood by just contact but that has never made someone blood not pure

the indigenous americans (red indians)were wiped out by europeans when they moved into america does it mean the they intermarried ? NO thats was just contact

do you know the difference between immunisation and vaccine ? get back to me when your know the difference

Console

ZIMDRILL:

that one Na your consolation
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:36am On Apr 20, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

open your belief much wider

yes some diesease are passes on through genes

most are virus etc that are passed on through contact which has nothing to do with tribe but location eg an igbo man and yoruba woman living in an region that is malaria infested both will have a sort of immune system that can fight malaria better than any igbo or yoruba who never lived in non malaria infested area

it goes beyond pure blood it is exposure to new dieseases that your are in different parts of the world or region iregardless of tribe

mosquito dont bite people becoz of tribe or pure blood, so does hiv

yes i agree some diesease are introduced via marrying into another family but that is not based on tribe only family lines that has nothing to do with tribe

like i asked "did the red indian got wiped out becoz of intermarrying europeans or it was just contact?"
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 20, 2019
You really have time to answer him. He speaks like an ignorant man and one who never passed through high school biology . Talking about purity of bloodline, he forget the fact that in this Morden days an average man must have slept with 2-3 human from other tribes and region. Aren't fluid been transferred and ur genes been altered unknowingly . Let me ask, are the east not dieing of AIDS, aren't they slowpoke in some homes, aren't they madness in some home aren't they some strange illness which never occurred before .. If you talk of the isrealite, as a law they won't sleep with other tribe, that's why even their soldiers don't. So my friend ur purity theory is all but nonesense in this contemporary society.

Let me ask you a simple question, you get married to a none virgin who grew up in the West region, and most of her ex where westerners, is there still purity as u claim In that blood.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. by IkpuMmadu: 7:23am On Apr 21, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

open your belief much wider

yes some diesease are passes on through genes

most are virus etc that are passed on through contact which has nothing to do with tribe but location eg an igbo man and yoruba woman living in an region that is malaria infested both will have a sort of immune system that can fight malaria better than any igbo or yoruba who never lived in non malaria infested area

it goes beyond pure blood it is exposure to new dieseases that your are in different parts of the world or region iregardless of tribe

mosquito dont bite people becoz of tribe or pure blood, so does hiv

yes i agree some diesease are introduced via marrying into another family but that is not based on tribe only family lines that has nothing to do with tribe

like i asked "did the red indian got wiped out becoz of intermarrying europeans or it was just contact?"

YOU CAN SEE THE DEMERITS OF INTER TRIBAL THING OUT WEIGHS THE METRITS

I DONE WANT TO TALK ABOUT DILUTING THE GENOME AND BRING IN FORIEGN DISEASE THAT IS FORIEGN TO A TRIBE

LETS FACE IT, CULTURALLY,ROMANTICALLY BIOLOGICALLY IT IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT...BUT IF YOU HAVE STRAYED IN ANY WAY OUT OF YOUR TRIBE...PLEASE HONEY MAKE IT WORK DEAR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It / Are You Still An Ass Guy? Or Are You Confused' Lady Ask With Her Boob On Display / What Should I Do With This Gallon Of Cum? [pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.