Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,986 members, 7,970,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 06:28 PM

Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister (5508 Views)

Face-Veil: Why The Ban? / Angola Denies Banning Islam / Islamic Veil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister by deols(f): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2010
GODSON2009:

why exactly is banning a veil sinister would you allow a woman residing in a muslim country to wear miniskirts?
it is against french tradition and way of life so if you want to live,work and reside in their country then obey their laws, even when the queen of england went to abhu dabi she covered her head like every other muslim woman in obedience of the laws she did not refuse because she was a queen in england.

and what about french Muslims. Should they also leave their own fatherland for another because of tradition?

All i see here is HYPOCRISY. The same people who clamour for human rights are crying out for the ban.
Re: Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister by deols(f): 10:42am On Dec 05, 2010
GODSON2009:

besides where exatly in the quran note not hadith does it say that the veil is mandatory?
i dont know why it is always people in third world developing countries that have a problem when it comes to prompt obedience of the law

ow is ds ur problem. where in d bible were u told to put on shirt nd trousers.Lol

ur askn for quotations from d Qur'an nd not the hadith shows ow much ignorant u av allowed urself to be. *smh*
Re: Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister by deols(f): 10:46am On Dec 05, 2010
GODSON2009:

uncle abeg we christians are not your promblem,your so called muslim brethren who hate you as much as or even more than they do the christians and jews are your problem, im sorry but hope you realise the contradiction this is springing up in islam

wat d'u hope to gain from dat realisation
Re: Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister by GODSON2009(m): 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2010
deols:

and what about french Muslims. Should they also leave their own fatherland for another because of tradition?

All i see here is HYPOCRISY. The same people who clamour for human rights are crying out for the ban.

they should obey the law of the land which supercedes any other law mohammad did not create france! and they are doing it in the interest of national security if anyone was approaching me i would like to know their identity or else armed robbers,muggers e.t.c would start using the same disguise if a man sexually assaulted you disguising himself with with a veil would the police find it easy apprehending such person??
deols:

ow is ds your problem. where in d bible were u told to put on shirt nd trousers.Lol
yes but the bible doesnt tell me to cover my face like a ninja totally covering my face/identity
deols:

your askn for quotations from d Qur'an nd not the hadith shows ow much ignorant u av allowed urself to be. *smh*
i am asking for where it says in the quran that the veil is mandatory??reason being that it is not mandatory so i wonder why your people are kicking up all the fuss for something that is not mandatory, ask your people that know me and they ll tell you i am not that ignorant about the book of confusion a.k.a al-quran
deols:

wat d'u hope to gain from dat realisation
i hope to gain the fact of exposing islam as a bunch of contradictions and the fact that violence and intolerance is their hallmark so that the ignorant will realise and leave the religion before its too late smiley
Re: Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister by Sweetnecta: 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2010
What Godson is telling us is that we should throw caution and decency to the wind, because we are in the land of new sodom.

i'm sure if he were to be employed in nudist colony or one is established in his part of town, he will shed his cloth just because he wants to be part of the in crowd.

such weak mind is worthy of hell fire, since you cant even control yourself and do what is right because you are in the minority if you do.

the french people are catholic. their nuns cover dont they? why cant muslim women cover, too?

is that not better than boom boom shorts that is by its design a nudity?

who among us wants his old mother to be naked? who among us men wants his wife to be naked?
Re: Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister by cold(m): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2010
Godson is a making a valid point.Even in Iran women don't cover their faces just their hair which i consider modest enough.This face covering thing is just a Wahabist stlye of Islam.In this day of terrorist threat it is imperative to see everybody's faces.Our security is paramount over & above any religious doctrine.End of
Re: Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister by deols(f): 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2010
cold:

Godson is a making a valid point.Even in Iran women don't cover their faces just their hair which i consider modest enough.This face covering thing is just a Wahabist stlye of Islam.In this day of terrorist threat it is imperative to see everybody's faces.Our security is paramount over & above any religious doctrine.End of

no country is a model for Muslims. Qur'an and the hadith are
Re: Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister by cold(m): 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2010
deols:

So why don'y u show us where it was stated in the Qu'ran that women must cover their faces
Re: Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister by GODSON2009(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2010
Sweetnecta:

What Godson is telling us is that we should throw caution and decency to the wind, because we are in the land of new sodom.

i'm sure if he were to be employed in nudist colony or one is established in his part of town, he will shed his cloth just because he wants to be part of the in crowd.

such weak mind is worthy of hell fire, since you cant even control yourself and do what is right because you are in the minority if you do.

the french people are catholic. their nuns cover dont they? why cant muslim women cover, too?

is that not better than boom boom shorts that is by its design a nudity?

who among us wants his old mother to be unclothed? who among us men wants his wife to be unclothed?
thats not what GODSON is telling you,i am saying that if you have decided to live in a country, then that countrie's culture and way of life must come first. you cant compromise their national security due to your own religion.
when the queen of england went to the middle east a couple of weeks ago she obeyed the law of the land and covered her head not minding her status as a queen.
the nun dont cover their faces,
and besideds no one is saying that muslim women cant cover their body with a duvet in hot summer if they want its the face thats the issue here and same should go for the muslim as well they are not above the law and sharia law is not superior to the french law.

i want my wife and mother to be clothed but i certainly dont want them to hide their faces away from public view while my dad and brothers are free to show their faces everywhere
cold:

exactly
deols:

show us where it says in the quran that women must cover their faces, you cant because it is not in the quran so whats the fuss about
Re: Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister by alienvirus: 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2010
SATANSON has no point. He tries to unjustify the thread by bringing up dead points. Dead points can't be brought up even Jesus prayed to Allah before he could bring dead man to life. SATANSON! Give me the explation on Nigerian religious cum cultural relationship. We shall use this as a pedestal. *YAWN*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Greediness And Its Treatment / Does Being Intimate With Your Wife During Ramadan period Breaks Our Fasting? / Seek Forgiveness Today Before It Is Too Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.