Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,844 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:02 PM

How To Start - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Start (478 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start by Roycemadeit(m): 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2019
My alarm did not go off that morning. When I stirred awake and checked the clock, it was 40 mins later than I usually wake, my phone was stolen a few days ago and I had to rely on this small boxlike clock to wake me.
In order to beat the traffic and get to work as fast as possible, I skipped breakfast, washed my mouth, had a quick bath and rushed out of the house to the garage where I boarded a Danfo bus to Ikeja.
I was lucky to have caught a bus that was almost full but somewhat unfortunate not because I sat on the last sit or that I did not get the window seat, but because I had to squeeze myself in between two chubby passengers; a lady in a flowery Ankara gown and a man who was looking through the window and mopping his large sweaty face with a dirty looking white handkerchief in a faded grey suit; the suit looked undersized maybe because it was still buttoned. Within a few minutes, the few empty seats were occupied and we rolled off.
Initially, there was nothing. Nothing was spectacular, had I got the window seat, I would have become a busy spectator looking out of the window which I am very fond of but that day it was most needed to help suppress my impatience with our slow sloth's kind of transition and I would not have bothered looking around in the
bus.
In front of me, on the next seat was a being. If she was an angel or a mermaid I do not know. she was like no one or nothing I had ever imagined or seen in comics or on the television. Her skin was as smooth as a pearl. She was spotless. Fair and glowing like garnet held under a fluorescent light. She had her charcoal black hair held in a bunch and wore a striped white shirt. She pulled her face out from her phone and looked to her right thoughtfully with a smile playing at the corner of her face which made her dimple more prominent then her phone beeped and she went back to been absorbed by it. Involuntarily, I pushed my back off from the backrest of our leather covered metal chair and gazed on her phone, she was chatting with someone on facebook. Okay, for her to be on facebook she must be a human in some way I thought and just in time to witness my arrest, her black and flaming tiger eyes rested on me and my world disappeared I felt my internal organs burn, my mind numb and soul elevate and look at us as a third person. Suddenly everything returned to normal my soul came back into me, my mind not too sure I was still confused had she looked at me? she busy was typing on her phone. the only evidence of the fire that burned within me was the sweats that were pouring over my face it was so much that the chubby man who sat next to me pushed the window to let in more air.
I should get her number I thought when I had regained my stamina on the ground after been blown away. But, there was a problem she was older at least seven years older than I was. I celebrated my 19th birthday a few months ago. how do I get this lady to give me her phone number? I mean I could not get most girls my age to give me their digits talk more of this lady THE SECRET WAS HOW TO START. My mind provided a lot of hypotheses and experimented then to ascertain if they were fail-proof. When I was concluded and successfully made up my mind to START she stretched her hand to collect her balance from one the passengers in front of her. I saw a ring. I saw a ring on her finger what the ... she was already... she was married that was a wedding ring. Now that was a problem and my best lines would not hold water it was already a failure from the onset. I withdrew my face from looking at her hand but caught the sinewy man whose head was almost pushing through the roof of the bus whisper in her ear and she laughed.
Could that be her husband? Could he be her husband? Had he been the one talking to her all the while I thought it was some facebook friend or something. I took me a while to come up with a finer way to get her number and would save me from him if he was to react over me asking for his wife's number.
"Second Gate Wa oo driver" I called. As soon as the driver pulled to a stop, I made my way to the door and proudly carried out my finer plan. "I will add you on facebook" I cooed and jumped off the bus. "I couldn't stay to see her reaction but I think I heard more than two persons laugh. I sang her name which I had crammed off her phone so I would not forget. by the time I borrowed a phone on which logged in onto facebook, I wasn't too sure about her name anymore.
Re: How To Start by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 18, 2019
Hmm

Nice one

(1) (Reply)

A Green Snake / Hot!!! Diaries Of An African Collegian Episode 1 / Book Reviews : Get a free book review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.