Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,716 members, 7,918,212 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:08 AM

Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? (40767 Views)

Poll: Do you support the banning of Ini Edo?

Yes, serves her right for not being a saint.: 32% (16 votes)
No, she should be allowed to work despite the controversy.: 68% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / Fifty Shades Of Grey Banned In Nigeria Cinemas Due To Sexual Content / Ini Edo the Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by opuro(m): 3:58pm On May 05, 2007
Naija king,

the simplest defination of sharia law in the BIBLE is the law of  MOSES OK?
And  talking about iniedo? make the babe pack go ghana like Idris abi?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by redsun(m): 4:16pm On May 05, 2007
Her beauty is captivating,look at her chiselled black beautiful face like Nerfertity.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by opuro(m): 4:56pm On May 05, 2007
red sun,
         dont be decieved by her looks all that na cosmetics works. in fact na film trck u de see so. THE BEAUTIFUL ONES ARE NOT YET BORN
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by redsun(m): 5:49pm On May 05, 2007
@opuro,you got to agree to this man,call it cosmetics,but that's movie world,it is make believe and she is a part of it.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by redsun(m): 5:56pm On May 05, 2007
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder,we all see it diffrently based on our choices and concepts,not just the physical beauty but manners as well.The most beautiful thing in a person is the usefulness.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by akara(m): 7:25pm On May 05, 2007
so does anyone know what sin she has committed to deserve this ban cry
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Agboola1(m): 8:07pm On May 05, 2007
How about codes of conduct as guiding principle for things we do that serves as lesson to others? we have culture to respect in Naija.

No wonder everyone wants to be like madonna and micheal doglas
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by temmyabby(f): 8:18pm On May 05, 2007
Wetin be their business angry, na wah 4 nigerians
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by gidig(m): 8:48pm On May 05, 2007
Is she a drug that should be banned? Or the people in the home video business In nigeria think they are NAFDAC to ban things. It just shows the psyche of the people who produce the kinds of videos that we all cry about for improvement.

It is shameful that people are not being judged by how good they are in their craft but their appearances are being determined and penalise through banning-whatever that means. If she has any issue, they should have simply avoided her in productions. Shikena!~ what in the decent world is banning?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by RedLips3(f): 8:50pm On May 05, 2007
Agboola1:

How about codes of conduct as guiding principle for things we do that serves as lesson to others? we have culture to respect in Naija.

Lol yes let's respect and perserve the yahoo yahoo culture while simultaneously supporting actors being banned due to personal business and dumb rumors

abeg comot jare.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by superman(m): 8:52pm On May 05, 2007
livehoood or no livehood that doesnt exclude u from banning

sports men and women get banned also ! hope u know

god bless nigeria
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by sisimose(f): 8:56pm On May 05, 2007
superman:

livehoood or no livehood that doesnt exclude u from banning

sports men and women get banned also ! hope u know

god bless nigeria

smiles

anyway, i think they will move on from the conservative life style they want them to adopt. Hollywood started like that, give nolly wood 10 or so more years , you'll start seeing full on sex on screen
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Seun(m): 8:58pm On May 05, 2007
Hollywood started like that,
You've got that right. They even had a regulation for how long a 'movie kiss' should last!
But because they didn't invite the government into it, they were able to relax all those regulations over time.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by sisimose(f): 9:02pm On May 05, 2007
yeah , when i read it some years back could not believe my eyes. Nollywood is growing, and we know which way it will grow don't we lol
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by RedLips3(f): 9:06pm On May 05, 2007
Lol the same Nigeria that now has lesbian movies is banning people for personal "misconduct"

It's almost hilarious how ironic that is
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by superman(m): 9:16pm On May 05, 2007
anyway, i think they will move on from the conservative life style they want them to adopt. Hollywood started like that, give nolly wood 10 or so more years , you'll start seeing full on sex on screen

bollywood nko huh

sisimose Are u talkin about us
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by sisimose(f): 9:21pm On May 05, 2007
i dont get your question superman
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by superman(m): 9:29pm On May 05, 2007
i mean when me and you join our own nollywood hope the rules will be relaxed
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by sisimose(f): 9:30pm On May 05, 2007
i have no interest in joining it, you on your own sorry
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by superman(m): 9:32pm On May 05, 2007
na lie
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by sisimose(f): 9:33pm On May 05, 2007
if you say so
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by finemocha(f): 12:34am On May 06, 2007
no offense redsun, but i dont think her beauty is that serious. im still pissed of that she was banned. in short i will hire her to be the star in my new movie. of course when i make it, hopefully she will still look as nice.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by RedLips3(f): 12:36am On May 06, 2007
says the head less picture.

anyway this banning crap is lame.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by redsun(m): 11:15am On May 06, 2007
Culture is a way of life,it's dynamic,it flows with time and the time is 21st century so we got to adjust our ways of life to the present,we can't live in the past,it's virtually imppossible,so if any body chooses to go naked on the street,that is the person's choice as long as he or she is not hurting no body,Our greatest sin as a people is just corruption and mismanagement, that is what we need to address not a pretty talented girl that wants to make the best of her life.We got to open our eyes to see the dynamism of life,one thing leads to another,connectivity.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Godfathern(m): 11:28am On May 06, 2007
It does not make sense, pple should be given the freedom to express themselves the way they wanted in their fields. the movie industry if I am correct have rating for films. they should only educate pple on film rating, so we should all make our choices and stop criticizing or banning what or who is not in our good book.we need to be y2k compliant.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by sisimose(f): 4:49pm On May 06, 2007
abeg , they will learn, nollywood is in its infancy. I think they just panicking now that the whole world is watching our movie industry, soon they'll know it's not such a big deal.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by superman(m): 8:58pm On May 06, 2007
Culture is a way of life,it's dynamic,it flows with time and the time is 21st century so we got to adjust our ways of life to the present,we can't live in the past,it's virtually imppossible,so if any body chooses to go naked on the street,that is the person's choice as long as he or she is not hurting no body,Our greatest sin as a people is just corruption and mismanagement, that is what we need to address not a pretty talented girl that wants to make the best of her life.We got to open our eyes to see the dynamism of life,one thing leads to another,connectivity.

superman says unafrican and not too sure!

well lets adapt to some gun culture i guess we are living in the past

foolish nigerians. i just hope some man aint gona have sex in that toliet near ur back yard in ur village! oh yea
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by naijaking1: 2:37am On May 07, 2007
Ini is a beauty. No wonder some small minded SOB wants to kill her professionally. If you know her, please tell her to push her agent(s) toward NYC, Atlanta, and LA. A big fish like her cannot die in a small pond like Naija. I'll be glad to help the best I can, really!!
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by fashlak(f): 9:30am On May 07, 2007
i heard it from a reliable source that she was banned because of her dressing, lipsrsealed
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by pek(m): 10:24am On May 07, 2007
who banned her and what right do they have to do so? the movie industry cannot be devoid of issues.these are things that make the industry what it is.the so called stars live a public life.even the way the take their shit is an issue. if ini edo chooses to wash herself in oshodi market, it is her business.if she doesnt do so, how then would people have something to talk about.these people are just chasing shadows.it shows how unserious they are.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Ollie39: 10:26am On May 07, 2007
I like her and like her acting. She is a black beauty. I guess it is all about jealousy. As I don't see what business it is of anybody what she does with her life or indeed her body.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by puker(m): 11:46am On May 07, 2007
For Gods sake poeple should learn how not to discuss matters ignorantly. The ban slamed on that bitch is deserved. The event that led to her ban was because she lacked morales and good conduct. For some body who has a roll to play in a film while every body was waiting she was called by this guy who just drove in with a big car. She immediately abandoned the film, her role and the directors and rode off with the dude. Is that a good example for the up coming stars for Gods sake she should be kept in the cooler for a long time as far as am concerned. Bleep the bum!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bbnaija Final: Mercy Praying With Her Bible (Photo) / Funny Yoruba Movie English Subtitles [Photos] / IMSU VC, Adaobi Obasi On BBNaija: "Nina Will Undergo Moral Rehabilitation"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.