Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,666 members, 7,945,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting (2965 Views)

Objectives Of Fasting And Ramadan / The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban / Sha'aban 1441AH: A Week Long Of Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting by Lukgaf(m): 8:25am On Apr 18, 2019
I remind you we are still in the Glorious month of Sha'aban (the month preceding Ramadan) and revise the two Aahadiths on the virtue of fasting in this month:

1. The blessed companion Usama ibn Zaid , reports that he asked Prophet Muhammad : "Messenger of Allah, I have seen you fasting in the month of Shaban so frequently that I have never seen you fasting in any other month." Prophet Muhammad , replied: "That (Shaban) is a month between Rajab and Ramadan which is neglected by many people. And it is a month in which an account of the deeds (of human beings) is presented before the Lord of the universe, so, I wish that my deeds be presented at a time when I am in a state of fasting."

2. Ummul Mu'mineen 'Aishah (r), says, "Prophet Muhammad , used to fast for most of Shaban. I said to him, 'Messenger of Allah, is Shaban your favorite month for fasting?' He said, 'In this month Allah prescribes the list of the persons dying this year. Therefore, I like that my death comes when I am in a state of fasting.' "

These reports indicate that fasting in the month of Shaban, though not obligatory but is very deserving and that Prophet Muhammad did not like to miss it.(Islam city).

For more about information about the virtue of the month, see (https://www.islamicity.org/6013/fasting-in-shaban-to-honor-ramadan/)

Meanwhile, Today, Thursday, 18th, April 2019 is the 12th day of the month according to the counting of the Sultan of Sokoto as being updated daily by our brother, AbuUbayy1 (May Allah reward him) while Friday (19th), Saturday(20th), Sunday(21st), Monday (22nd of April) are 13th, 14th 15th of Sha'aban (Ayamul beed) and 16th (weekly sunnah fast) respectively.

For daily updated hijri calendar according to the Nigeria Supreme Council, visit (https://www.nairaland.com/4414970/todays-hijri-date/10)

To this end respected brethren, you are advised to take opportunity of these days to earn great reward, seek forgiveness, prepare for Ramadan and get your duah accepted. May Allah make it easy for us all. Do not forget to inform your relatives too for whoever points someone to righteous deed is as if he does it too. We pray Allah make us witness more of it on earth in good faith and sound health (Ameen).

Wasalam Alaykum Waramotulah wabarakatuh.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting by Teeboi56: 8:55am On Apr 19, 2019
Nice one
Re: Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting by husnath(m): 8:56am On Apr 19, 2019
JazakaLLAHU khairan. ALLAHUmmah balignah Ramadan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting by Teeboi56: 8:57am On Apr 19, 2019
Alhamdulillah for reminding us jazakumullah khaera

2 Likes

Re: Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting by zone51: 8:59am On Apr 19, 2019
Ma sha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting by majormd: 9:00am On Apr 19, 2019
jazaakallahu khairan

2 Likes

Re: Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting by mrhipup(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2019
Waaleikumus salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakaatuh
Jazakallahu khair

1 Like

Re: Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting by seyilabi(m): 9:21am On Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting by Ayomideen(m): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2019
Jazakumullahu Khayran
I totally forgot it starts today, man don chop
Will start tomorrow by the special grace of Allah
Re: Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting by Horo(m): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2019
Jazakallahu khairan
Re: Sha'aban: A Week Long Of Fasting by archdaura(m): 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2019
jzk

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Talk Salaat / The Issue Of The Mu'azzin Calling Aloud The Takbir After The Imam; Bid'ah?? / Allah Forbids Oppression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.