Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,033 members, 7,966,806 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 12:28 AM

Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT (13190 Views)

Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by braveboy64(m): 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
what are his offences
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Frankiss44(m): 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
peacettw:

I really doubt that. I believe that this time, a jail sentence will be attached to the ruling.
Why onnoghen and his lawyers can't see this is just beyond me

You need to wash your eyes.. The lawyers and Onnoghen can't see it because when it comes to the law, they know better than you.. How can the appeal court or Supreme Court attach a jail sentence to the ruling? What are you smoking?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by zicoraads: 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
peacettw:
This man has refused to learn.
Well, I am not surprised. Most Lawyers are blinded by sheer arrogance especially when they are blatantly at fault.
They feel like the law does not apply to them and can be tweaked at will to serve their purposes.
Onnoghen might be walking into a bigger trap by appealing.
At this point, I feel nothing but pity for him
I wish him well. He will definitely need it.
What kind of ignorant comment is this?

So he shouldn't appeal and instead, live with the guilty verdict? Where are you from? Caves?
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by prinsam30: 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
chibuzorAbia:
Foolish man

yet can feed ur entire generation
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by zicoraads: 10:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
Frankiss44:

You need to wash your eyes.. The lawyers and Onnoghen can't see it because when it comes to the law, they know better than you.. How can the appeal court or Supreme Court attach a jail sentence to the ruling? What are you smoking?
That one is clearly high on something. cheesy
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Jolite(m): 10:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
He will loose apeal then supreme will show him the final exit door.
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by peacettw: 10:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
Frankiss44:

I really don't want to argue this. You all didn't think it will come to this but here we are.
Even the NJC, his peers found him guilty. Where were his lawyers when all these were happening?
For crying out loud, the man resigned for pete's sake. What more do you want?
I have learnt not be go by the books in this country cos nothing ever works the way that it should.
Since you have refused to understand this, let's simply watch and observe

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by peacettw: 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
zicoraads:

What kind of ignorant comment is this?

So he shouldn't appeal and instead, live with the guilty verdict? Where are you from? Caves?

Hmmm. I am tired. Please think what you will and let me stick to mine.
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by MoxxxxO123(m): 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
SarkinYarki:
fool
idiot
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by MoxxxxO123(m): 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
chibuzorAbia:
Foolish man
foolish you
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by AAA593: 10:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
I thought fg witnesses testified in favour of onnoghen and fg had to discontinue using witnesses. Where is this udgement coming from? This one is rigged o
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by SarkinYarki: 10:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
stieyven:

He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22

inam just angry how this man allowed Buhari play him
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by sacx: 11:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
Onnoghen is a man of honour and I respect him. 16 grounds not beans.
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by luvinhubby(m): 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
stieyven:

He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22

Ignore him, he's a kid, they litter this forum
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
B1ak3:
When this whole issue started this man should have just resigned and gone to relax with billions. But he was deceived by the same people who put him trouble in the first place.

All the people that were beating battle drums for him and he thought they were going to save him have all gone quiet. One was destroyed in his state (Saraki), another is busy shouting my mandate my mandate every day. Another is hiding abroad and disturbing us on twitter day and night (Reno). Another is a cocaine addict (ffk). Another is now a p0rnstar (oga kanu). The rest are chest beaters and online e-rats.

The appeal is dead on arrival. His name is just going to be dragged through the mud again like that of a common criminal
did Ayo salami resign? did he chicken out...just shut up make better judges look d matter up to Supreme Court...
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
peacettw:

I really doubt that. I believe that this time, a jail sentence may be attached to the ruling.
For me, it is quite simple. I believe strongly that most judges are corrupt and Buhari knows this and the judges know that Buhari knows this.
Now, tell me who in their right minds will give a ruling that is contrary to what has already been declared.
Instead, onnoghen is busy ruffling more feathers and that may cost him. To worsen matters, he no longer has any bargaining chips except to be at the mercy of his lawyers and a few friends of the bench.
I really don't get it.
u think d supreme court is Buhari parlour...u are daft...even tanko can gag Supreme Court justices...cct trial was fraudulent and not fair between it's no regular court...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
lilfreezy:
One Buhari suspended ONNOGHEN and replaced him with a Tanko. One Malami charged him before the CCT. Then, one Magu of EFCC submitted a damning report on him. One Abdullahi of NJC recommended his sack. Now, one Umar has CONVICTED him. South ahoy!

Copy and pasted! Smh for ipob yoots.
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by teufelein(f): 11:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
As Buhari and his fellow Fulani brothers insult and humiliate a South South CJN, an average Niger Deltan still hates the Igbo and will be writing on Facebook to castigate Igbo people the more.
He will write as if the Igbo took their oil wells and completely polluted their environment. He will bash the Igbo as if Saro-wiwa and Boro was murdered by the Igbo.

He sees the extension of hands of brotherhood by the Igbo as nothing. In fact you are begging them because of their oil.
When they look at what the Fulani told them is South South, they can't see the same Ndi Igbo they insult and bash inside same South South. They forgot so easily that same oil is also in both Igbo lands of South East and some South South.
The time to force sense into some of these people shouting our oyel our oyel is now!
Fulani won't stop until they pollute all your lands and render you useless. The time to fight together as Old Eastern region is now. Your interest is always protected in a Confederacy.

Rise above the lies you were told. The enemy is the Fulani and their supporters.
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by profbayo: 11:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
B1ak3:
When this whole issue started this man should have just resigned and gone to relax with billions. But he was deceived by the same people who put him trouble in the first place.

All the people that were beating battle drums for him and he thought they were going to save him have all gone quiet. One was destroyed in his state (Saraki), another is busy shouting my mandate my mandate every day. Another is hiding abroad and disturbing us on twitter day and night (Reno). Another is a cocaine addict (ffk). Another is now a p0rnstar (oga kanu). The rest are chest beaters and online e-rats.

The appeal is dead on arrival. His name is just going to be dragged through the mud again like that of a common criminal
God bless you with this write-up. just as if u were reading tru my mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by stieyven(m): 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
luvinhubby:

Ignore him, he's a kid, they litter this forum
In your anger, do not sin. Ephesians 4:26
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
SarkinYarki:
fool

Your father fool
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by deomelo: 11:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
B1ak3:

Yes, he should have resigned, but the standard practice was to bully the government with tribal and religious noise from the internet bigots and kinsmen and hiring 1000 SANs to intimidate the courts and judges, to shop for frivolous injunctions, drag the case for many years and eventually secure either acquittal or perpetual injunction from prosecution by another crooked and corrupt judge just like himself but PMB saw him coming with his game and blocked him with suspension and confined his trial to CCT.

Hiring 1000 SANs is no longer a bullet proof vest for looters

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by bekpo(m): 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2019
rummmy:
in law pricedent matters.. Go and check the meaning of that.

Ogaaaaa, which one b pricedent again? Which dictionary d thin d?
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by tuniski: 12:32am On Apr 19, 2019
peacettw:

I really doubt that. I believe that this time, a jail sentence may be attached to the ruling.
For me, it is quite simple. I believe strongly that most judges are corrupt and Buhari knows this and the judges know that Buhari knows this.
Now, tell me who in their right minds will give a ruling that is contrary to what has already been declared.
Instead, onnoghen is busy ruffling more feathers and that may cost him. To worsen matters, he no longer has any bargaining chips except to be at the mercy of his lawyers and a few friends of the bench.
I really don't get it.
The judgement is kangaroo and will be quashed at the higher courts.
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by tuniski: 12:35am On Apr 19, 2019
deomelo:

Yes, he should have resigned, but the standard practice was to bully the government with tribal and religious noise from the internet bigots and kinsmen and hiring 1000 SANs to intimidate the courts and judges, to shop for frivolous injunctions, drag the case for many years and eventually secure either acquittal or perpetual injunction from prosecution by another crooked and corrupt judge just like himself but PMB saw him coming with his game and blocked him with suspension and confined his trial to CCT.

Hiring 1000 SANs is no longer a bullet proof vest for looters

The matter must be allowed to go through full judicial trial. Resignation or not let the matter go on. Onneghen did the right thing. This iss how democracy and rule of law are tested and strengthened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by truthfulparrot(m): 1:09am On Apr 19, 2019
B1ak3:

You are blinded by sentiment. Every Nigerians have the right to pursue legal cases up to the supreme court.
When Saraki appealed his case , people like you where mocking him, but he eventually won at the supreme court. I am not saying that the CJN is a saint but the executive did not follow due process in his removal and to make matter worst the CCT violated known legal principle.
To me, his appeal is a great and courageous act that will save our judiciary from executive assaults. Keep this post for record.The CJN will win at the supreme court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by rummmy: 1:16am On Apr 19, 2019
bekpo:

Ogaaaaa, which one b pricedent again? Which dictionary d thin d?
leave the spelling and take the message.. So long you understood shikina
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:48am On Apr 19, 2019
AAA593:
I thought fg witnesses testified in favour of onnoghen and fg had to discontinue using witnesses. Where is this udgement coming from? This one is rigged o

My brother Nigeria is a scary place.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Mace0lane: 1:55am On Apr 19, 2019
What is pricedent ?
You de price judgement from Onnoghen ?

Imagine what PDP brought to NL for one to contend with ?

rummmy:
in law pricedent matters.. Go and check the meaning of that.
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Yyeske(m): 4:04am On Apr 19, 2019
lilfreezy:
One Buhari suspended ONNOGHEN and replaced him with a Tanko. One Malami charged him before the CCT. Then, one Magu of EFCC submitted a damning report on him. One Abdullahi of NJC recommended his sack. Now, one Umar has CONVICTED him. South ahoy!
Playing the ethnic card won't help your oga at the top, go to the court and defend him.
Nigerians are wiser now

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Frankiss44(m): 4:52am On Apr 19, 2019
peacettw:

I really don't want to argue this. You all didn't think it will come to this but here we are.
Even the NJC, his peers found him guilty. Where were his lawyers when all these were happening?
For crying out loud, the man resigned for pete's sake. What more do you want?
I have learnt not be go by the books in this country cos nothing works the way it should.
Since you have refused to understand this, let's simply watch and observe

I didn't have any issue with what u typed until you said the appeal court or Supreme Court will add a jail sentence to a judgement that didn't carry a jail sentence initially.... It doesn't work that way.. If not for the Supreme Court, Saraki would have suffered the same fate.. That is why the upper courts are there to checkmate the activities of lower courts.. It is either they uphold the decision of the lower courts or dismiss it..
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by peacettw: 5:07am On Apr 19, 2019
Frankiss44:

I didn't have any issue with what u typed until you said the appeal court or Supreme Court will add a jail sentence to a judgement that didn't carry a jail sentence initially.... It doesn't work that way.. If not for the Supreme Court, Saraki would have suffered the same fate.. That is why the upper courts are there to checkmate the activities of lower courts.. It is either they uphold the decision of the lower courts or dismiss it..

Ok then. Let's wait for the upper courts to decide..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Begins Reconstruction Of Adeniji Adele Road / Ganduje Replies Kwankwaso: I Was Not Imposed But Won Kano Election By Landslide / Umahi Threatens To Revoke Benin-Sapele-Ologbo Road Contract Over Shoddy Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.