Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,771 members, 7,965,904 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 02:11 AM

Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis (23757 Views)

Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos / Rev. Tony Obo Caught With Human Heart & Fetish Items In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Boanage1(m): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
Donjazzy12:

This pope is an embarrassment!

When you don't understand English language, you blame it on the pope.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Bluebolt: 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
Rickyuzzy:

Young man/woman. Not everyone one is bound by Religion. The problem with your type is thinking that everyone is religious or guided by the bible. Its a sin to you. No problem with that. But don't force what you call standards on others. That is bullying.
What i put out is clear for anyone. The Bible is a guide. But the law is what condemns. If u read my comment well, you will understand this.
Mind less d charlatan Christians who are always trying to sing the song of their folly as loud as they could by trying to be claiming to be the genuine Christians just because they could quote the Bible from pali to pali but unfortunately they couldn't apply guidance provided there in to their real life but instead seeing themselves as saints who should condemn the sinners(Pharisead and saduseas) May be to them that was just what Christ did to Sacheus, that prostitute, Nicodemus etc

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by DerideGull(m): 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
Nukilia:
God bless the Pope! We embrace criminals in the form of politicians and business men and cast a stone at other sinners...

I guess you are ignorance of the fact that politicians and businessman who committed crime are prosecuted. Which world houses you?
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Nathan2016: 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
planetx:
I doubt if this Pope read his bible.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination:
they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 20:9
“‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.

Leviticus 21:9
“‘If a priest’s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire.

Read the whole chapter 20 and 21.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Bluebolt: 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
Bluebolt:

Mind less d charlatan Christians who are always trying to sing the song of their folly as loud as they could by trying to be claiming to be the genuine Christians just because they could quote the Bible from pali to pali but unfortunately they couldn't apply guidance provided there in to their real life but instead seeing themselves as saints who should condemn the sinners(Pharisead and saduseas) May be to them that was just what Christ did to Sacheus, that prostitute, Nicodemus etc
some of this cheats could even say it openly dt the Pope is reading a bad Bible May be just to display the depth of their knowledge of christianity o'r otherwise!
just seeking for identity by force!
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by EmperorShizzy: 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

So says the biggest false prophet alive.

A defender of Nigeria Private Cruising Pastorprenuer calling the pope Who's bringing needed change to the world a false prophet is actually laughable

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by alBHAGDADI: 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
EmperorShizzy:

A dumb defender of Nigeria Private Cruising Pastorprenuer calling the pope Who's bringing needed change to the world a false

So homosexuality is a needed change?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Aboki99(m): 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
Giddymoney:
Tired of Christianity, don't know what to believe anymore

I reason with you my bro. And I can feel ur feelings of disillusionment and confusion . You are at a critical spiritual stage of ur life. And you are a good man (This I can confirm although I do not know you) However, my advice to you at this stage is one: Reset yourself and find a time to sit down and sincerely ask God this: "Oh God, if you're there, guide me to the religion most pleasing to You!" Do this prayer continously, with absolute sincerity and open-mindedness, and research these 3 religions on ur own (not based on third party info) : Christianity, Islam and Judaism. You will see the outcome! Your heart will divinely settle on one of the three and you'll never be the same again. Should you need further support , let me know so I can send you my no. Wish you good luck, my bro.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2019
I don't even have anything to say about this Francis guy...smh sha
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Aboki99(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by trapQ: 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
Are you tired of Jesus?
Giddymoney:
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by APOSTLECHUMA: 5:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
VICARIVS FILEII DEI INSCRIBED ON THE PAPAL GLASS THRONE IN VATICAN WHEN BROKEN DOWN MATHEMATICALY IN ROMAN FIGURES,EQUALS 666. IT WILL BE TOO LATE BY THE TIME PEOPLES EYES WILL BE OPENED TO SEE WHO THIS MAN IS. THANK GOD THAT THE ELECTS ARE NOT IN DARKNESS. THE ANTICHRIST IS IN THE TEMPLE (CHURCH) ACCORDING 2THESS 2: 3-5. THE CHURCH ACCORDING TO REV 17 IS CATHOLIC CHURCH WHICH HAS IT'S HEADQUARTERS ON A CITY WITH 7HEADS ( HILLS) WHICH IS VATICAN. IT IS INSIDE THIS CHURCH THAT U HAVE A MAN THAT ANSWERS BLASPHEMOUS NAMES LIKE HOLY FATHER, PRINCE OF PEACE ETC ACCORDING REV 17-5. 666 IS THE NUM OF HIS NAME AND BIBLE SAID WE SHOULD COUNT IT IN REV 13: 16-18 AND PEOPLE ARE BUSY SLEEPING. ALL RELIGIONS OF THE EARTH ARE UNDER THIS MAN THROUGH ECUMENISM AND INTERFAITHISM,AND PEOPLE DONT KNOW THAT THEY ARE IN FOR THE MARK OF THE BEAST.
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by obailala(m): 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Religion is bastardize hmmmmm, there's a big difference between condemning and telling someone to repent. No man has the right to condemn anyone. But it's your responsibility to correct them. As a religious leader. Being Gay is out rightly wrong no justification. Thank God i don't look up to the Pope. If the Pope can say being Gay is wrong many people will change because he's the most influential man on earth . Pope barely speak of Repentance he's indirectly encouraging Sin. I'm not Holy but it's better to know you're on a wrong path, than justifying your sin that's the height.
As usual, people only hear the part of speeches that suits them, people only listen out for bits and pieces of speeches that suits their preconceived notion about a person they dont fancy... On several occasions, this pope has clearly stated that homosexuality is wrong but that we shouldnt condemn anyone. But so many people will only cut the pope some slack if he comes out and declares death sentence on all homos..
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by felaismyhero(m): 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2019
i dont understand why people here are so bothered about gays.if a gay never tells you that he/she is gay,you would relate normally with the person;they are not mad.a person's sexual orientation should be the person's problem,just like masturbation is!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Bluebolt: 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
Bluebolt:

some of this cheats could even say it openly dt the Pope is reading a bad Bible May be just to display the depth of their knowledge of christianity o'r otherwise!
just seeking for identity by force!
I beg, dt edifice u ar trying to pull down has bn in existence since d time of Christ himself and unfortunately for u, ur tools are limited to d brainwash given to u and ur likes by ur money monger crooks!
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by darfay: 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
Rickyuzzy:
Yall missing the Pope's point. After all the labels and whatever way people identify. The basic thing we all share is our Humanity. And every one should be treated in that regard. Human rights for EVERYONE should be respected. You have no right to physically, emotionally, assault or abuse anyone. When all this labels are removed, Humanity is all we share. In terms of the validity of gay being accepted or not. I will like to look at things from an objective view because I am not bound by ancient views neither am I bound by myopic views, the beauty of education is to have an open mind in "Hard-nut matters". Right now... Religion (Christianity & Islam) condemns it but religion is free will. And so not everyone is bound by it. Some countries have legalised it, others decriminalised it. It is still very subjective depending on the perspective being looked at. Right now scientific research is still inconclusive on if it is genetic. So there is no Validation or Invalidation. So here is my advice. Respect the laws that guide the country you are in. If you feel the law is suppressive. Then we have the judiciary. Challenge the law. If not, respect the law or go to a country that accepts your way of identification. In a matured civil society, the law is what guides and finally protects or condemns you not the Bible or Quran.

I won't be the one to judge anyone cus unless I am in your shoes, I won't know how it hurts. There are so many arguments on Sexuality.... But no agreement yet. For now, All Humans should be respected and treated equally. Human rights is all I stand for. Don't dehumanise anyone because you are not the giver of life. Cus you don't also wanna be dehumanised for your own mistakes in life. Finally respect people's decisions as far as its 'CONCENSUAL'. If someone says he is gay... Do not feel you have the monopoly of knowledge of it being right or wrong, make your thorough research... Try to understand where the person is coming from, before you make conclusions. If we are rigid, we will lead people to sham marraiges where there is no love just betrayal, kids to suicide and we will end up creating more problems without solving anything. UNDERSTANDING, RESPECT and HUMAN DIGNITY should be the core of our relations with everyone.

PS: I know someone classless will call me gay. I am a married woman with three kids. But when I was a teen(UNILAG). My friend took his life cus of his sexuality. So to an extent. I can relate with the pain of being an outlier. Reason why i take time to.understand people's choices.

I logged in just to like your comment

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by trapQ: 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2019
Bla bla bla. What did Jesus do? Let me tell you, following a man will only lead you astray. Instead of using the pope as a standard why not use Jesus as a standard?

Jesus always told sinners to go and sin no more. Jesus told the adulterous woman the same, told the Samaritan woman the same and told all other sinners he came in contact with the same.

That is the difference between Jesus and man. Man(pope) knows he has to be politically correct to not anger people but Jesus Christ fears no one and is a no respected of persons and says the truth just the way it is.
Muscomide:
“Giving more importance to the adjective [gay] rather than the noun [man], this is not good. We are all human beings and have dignity. It does not matter who you are, or how you live your life – you do not lose your dignity.There are people that prefer to select or discard people because of the adjective."

Wow, this is deep from the Pope. Any gay bashers out there who don't stop to reflect on this is a lost cause. Focus on the the man, not who he chooses to share his bed with.
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by trapQ: 5:34pm On Apr 19, 2019
Pope has said worse so what's not to believe here?
obembet:
I don't believe this news. Pope can't just say this nonsense.

Let me believe that its fake news from hungry bloggers. Not u oop
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by obailala(m): 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

So homosexuality is a needed change?
So because the pope says you shouldnt condemn gay people, it automatically means he's supporting homosexuality?... As a Christian you expect the pope to come out and ask people to smash the heads of homos with boulders? I guess that's when you will feel happy with the pope and call him Christian?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by trapQ: 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
Did the pope reject homosexuality? The pope has always been sympathetic to depravity and has never condemned homosexuality even though he's had numerous chances to do so publicly.
HigherEd:
He is right. Reject homosexuality not the homosexual.
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by shekauvsbuhari: 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
Rickyuzzy:

Young man/woman. Not everyone one is bound by Religion. The problem with your type is thinking that everyone is religious or guided by the bible. Its a sin to you. No problem with that. But don't force what you call standards on others. That is bullying.
What i put out is clear for anyone. The Bible is a guide. But the law is what condemns. If u read my comment well, you will understand this.
The Bible and its adherents do not force or bully anyone to accept a thing but points the true and right way to a person.U can believe or practice otherwise but its standards will not be changed,shifted or given window dressing to accomodate contrary and wrong views in order to sound politically correct as U and de pope are doing.
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Odomero118(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
I'm extremely scared of this Pope Francis, I don't know if this man belongs to the Illuminati family
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by MillerJnr(m): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Religion is bastardize hmmmmm, there's a big difference between condemning and telling someone to repent. No man has the right to condemn anyone. But it's your responsibility to correct them. As a religious leader. Being Gay is out rightly wrong no justification. Thank God i don't look up to the Pope. If the Pope can say being Gay is wrong many people will change because he's the most influential man on earth . Pope barely speak of Repentance he's indirectly encouraging Sin. I'm not Holy but it's better to know you're on a wrong path, than justifying your sin that's the height.

Don't use the word "religion" say "Christianity"because I have never seen where Islam supports gay, cuz if it's the other way round you would have used the word "islam". let's not twist.
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by kmaster007: 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
abeg make Jesus just com Sharp Sharp whr tired of all dis prophet

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Nopeace4dwicked: 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
Giddymoney:
Christianity is a religion
Islam is a religion
Hinduism is a religion
Buddhism is a religion
Religion doesn't have solution to mankind's problems.

The KINGDOM OF GOD is not a religion . mankind lost d kingdom of GOD wen Adam disobeyed GOD in d garden of Eden. So, GOD put man away from his presence.
Jesus came 2bring back dat kingdom which mankind lost. When Jesus started preaching He said change d way u tink 4dat Kingdom which mankind lost, I have come 2bring it back again. The kingdom of GOD gives u power of every circumstance on earth, it gives power over all demonic & satanic powers. It gives power of sickness, power over ur finances.
Seek, Search 4 or luk for the Kingdom of GOD 1ST and everytin u need in ur life shall b added 2u
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by trapQ: 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
Go and read I Corinthians 5:12 - 13. Also read Titus 1:9 - 16 ( especially verse 13).

In one of the above verses it even talks about excommunicating wicked people from among the brethren. In another it talks about "judging" fellow brethren.

That do not judge verse is the most abused verse in Christianity. Anyone can keep living in their sin with the "do not judge" excuse. Crap!

There i
magicminister:
I used to be extremely Harley towards gay but as I matured spiritually, I began to understand that God gave us the mandate to love everyone as he loves the church. Same bible also asked us not to judge.

I am still not a fan of homosexuals but no one is perfect and i Can’t judge.
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by trapQ: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
And who told you Christianity supports homosexuality? That a pope "may" support such doesn't mean it's allowed in Christianity. There are tons of verses condemning it.
MillerJnr:

Don't use the word "religion" say "Christianity"because I have never seen where Islam supports gay, cuz if it's the other way round you would have used the word "islam". let's not twist.
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Bonapart(m): 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2019
Giddymoney:
where in the whole passage did you see christianity? Who said the Pope is a christian
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Galapagous(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2019
Catholic noni. I guess the movie spotlight was a true life story.
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by anonymous1759(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2019
MillerJnr:

Let's not talk about suicide bombing please. We all know the rationale behind it.
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Galapagous(m): 6:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
Bonapart:
where in the whole passage did you see christianity? Who said the Pope is a christian
imam dey for mecca, pope dey for London, dem go dey follow imamu, dey follow popu, dey start to dey yab themselves.... oga he is a fvking xtian and u bloody know it.
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Rickyuzzy(f): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
shekauvsbuhari:
The Bible and its adherents do not force or bully anyone to accept a thing but points the true and right way to a person.U can believe or practice otherwise but its standards will not be changed,shifted or given window dressing to accomodate contrary and wrong views in order to sound politically correct as U and de pope are doing.

I quite agree with you on what the bible upholds... I didn't debate that neither did I try to change whatever is written on this. As someone who is well read. It will be foolish to base arguments on an ancient book that was used to perpetuate all vices known to man... Or a book used as an oppression in Europe during the medeival era and now as a business tool in Africa this 21st century. No, I won't stoop so low. I have mental faculty to think and see issues from all sides. So by all means. Let the bible uphold its standards... And let its followers continue their followeship. I make my argument from current scientific validation and invalidations. Not some book.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) / The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? / Recent Pictures Of Coza's Pastor Fatoyinbo After 7-Month Battle With Stroke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.