Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,122 members, 7,890,739 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:15 PM

I Don't Enjoy Other People's Sermon Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Enjoy Other People's Sermon Again (374 Views)

100 Keys On How To Remain Poor By Dr. DK Olukoya – Written Sermon / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef Calls Black People 'Monkeys' During His Weekly Sermon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Enjoy Other People's Sermon Again by iphi(m): 10:15am On Apr 21, 2019
I have been a particular member of a church but lately I discovered that when I get an invite to a particular church I come but I don't enjoy the preaching. Most times I end up pressing my phone through out... But if its my church I will record, take notes and be so focused. I'm confused now because I don't know of I'm doing the right thing. Is anyone else on this table?

Re: I Don't Enjoy Other People's Sermon Again by czarina(f): 11:12am On Apr 21, 2019
I think it happens when you get too used to a particular preacher or church. Not good at all in my opinion.

Personally, being a member of Living Faith for over ten years, I can't stay in a Church beyond two hours, so I avoid going to other churches even when I'm invited.

Let me guess, you fellowship at Living Faith? Wrong?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Enjoy Other People's Sermon Again by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
Try and sit at Jesus feet and learn if it's a good thing or a bad thing, because if the teaching you enjoy corresponds with His, then it's a good thing.

But if not then it's a bad thing, because at the end of the day it's Jesus that would decide every ones fate, and not someone else.

So it would be good for you to make sure that you do what He asks of you, so that at the end you would not start blaming the person whose teachings you were following, if they were contrary to His.
Re: I Don't Enjoy Other People's Sermon Again by iphi(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
czarina:
I think it happens when you get too used to a particular preacher or church. Not good at all in my opinion.

Personally, being a member of Living Faith for over ten years, I can't stay in a Church beyond two hours, so I avoid going to other churches even when I'm invited.

Let me guess, you fellowship at Living Faith? Wrong?

Not winners... Dominion City... I feel guilty sometimes but I can't help it
Re: I Don't Enjoy Other People's Sermon Again by iphi(m): 3:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
Try and sit at Jesus feet and learn if it's a good thing or a bad thing, because if the teaching you enjoy corresponds with His, then it's a good thing.

But if not then it's a bad thing, because at the end of the day it's Jesus that would decide every ones fate, and not someone else.

So it would be good for you to make sure that you do what He asks of you, so that at the end you would not start blaming the person whose teachings you were following, if they were contrary to His.

Yea it is

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Todays Open Heavens: Monday,april 22,2019 / The Holy Spirit And The Believer / **have You Been Brainwashed??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.