Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,243 members, 7,907,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 09:51 AM

Please Any Medical Doctor Or Student Should Help Out. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Any Medical Doctor Or Student Should Help Out. (508 Views)

Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor / 9 Destructive Habits Every University Student Should Let Go / Sex For Mark: "OAU Female Student Should Stop Playing The Victim" - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Any Medical Doctor Or Student Should Help Out. by Chidimercy: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
This is assignment given by a lecturer to a friend. Please medical nairalanders should help out.

On wednesday, an assignment was given on BIO 101, the following is the question.

*A phenotipically normal male married an affected and they *begat* *an affected daughter and an affected son. The affected daughter married a normal male and begat two normal sons, an affected daughter and a normal female.* *Similarly, the affected son married a normal female and begat an affected son and a normal daughter. The affected son (G3) married the normal first cousin and they gave birth to six children, two normal daughters, two affected daughters, an affected son and a normal son.*

I. Draw the pedigree chat
II. what's the pattern of inheritance? I.e. is the gene responsible autosomal or sex-linked
III. Is the gene dominant or recessive? Give reasons
IV. if the gene manifesting is C, such that C- is affected, what are the genotypes of I, II, II ~3, III ~4, III ~5, and IV ~2

Key: ~ = sub-script

To be submitted to the Course Rep,@Usman O'24 before 11:00 AM on Wednesday, 24th April 2019
Re: Please Any Medical Doctor Or Student Should Help Out. by sammy99(m): 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
hmmm,to my own understanding about genetics,i think d way ur lecturer presented his/her question is not correct.

In genetics,If a d father is affected,dat means d offspring dat will either b affected or b a carrier is d female and also if d mother is affected of a carrier,d offspring dat is likely to b affected is d male.

And so d question ur lecturer gave do not tally with wot dey begat or may der might b d error is either from u(typing error) or d lecturer.
Re: Please Any Medical Doctor Or Student Should Help Out. by NnaemekaJude(m): 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Dr. Ejere assignment?
Won't it be better you meet someone in school, preferably those ahead of you... I'm sure someone in your class must have done it bro/sis

1 Like

Re: Please Any Medical Doctor Or Student Should Help Out. by NnaemekaJude(m): 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
Re: Please Any Medical Doctor Or Student Should Help Out. by NnaemekaJude(m): 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
sammy99:
hmmm,to my own understanding about genetics,i think d way ur lecturer presented his/her question is not correct.

In genetics,If a d father is affected,dat means d offspring dat will either b affected or b a carrier is d female and also if d mother is affected of a carrier,d offspring dat is likely to b affected is d male.

And so d question ur lecturer gave do not tally with wot dey begat or may der might b d error is either from u(typing error) or d lecturer.

Broo.... Not all heritable diseases are sex-linked. The lecturer dey alright.

(1) (Reply)

Update For UNIPORT Applicants 2019/2020 Session / UK Study Exhibition, Register On Line For Free ,open Link Below for More Details / Important Facts You Should Know About South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.