Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,330 members, 7,920,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:34 PM

On Electronic Transmission Of Results Atiku Vs Inec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Electronic Transmission Of Results Atiku Vs Inec (906 Views)

Tribunal: “INEC Couldn’t Upload Results”, Atiku’s Witness Blames Tinibu’s Agents / INEC's Position On Electronic Transmission Of Election Results In Nigeria / 2019 Election Results: Atiku, Buhari In Close Marking- Vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Electronic Transmission Of Results Atiku Vs Inec by zickie: 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
In the Feb 23rd elections , inec told Nigerians that they would use the card reader for accreditation, validation and voting ( for now, I'll exclude transmission of results ) at each polling unit.

The case by Atiku and the PDP about the grave disparity in the results announced by inec and what's on the inec server has been a big controversy with inec saying no result was transmitted electronically but manually.

But one thing I don't know how inec would disprove is the fact that they have a server. Without a server you can't validate anything. The server stores the information of the users and this is pulled out to compare with what the users peovide as identication ( in this case PVC ). The full details of the user is supplied from the server upon validation ( in this case finger print and bar code of card I believe ) which should tally with what's on the users identification ( in this case PVC). Am speaking the technology part of the exercise, the proof that a server MUST be involved. Because voters informations must be stored somewhere and that's what's called a server. And as you pullout information from it, record is being taken as to what was pulled out and how many.

After the accreditation exercise is then the voting exercise. Each Accredited user is given a ballot paper. The voting is done manually. And results counted manually. And can be transmitted either manually or electronically or both ways. In the voting exercise, an accredited voter may have his vote void, or cancelled for various reasons ( not important in this analysis), hence the number of valid votes must be less than the number of accredited votes. And this can't be ascertain electronically or on the server as voting is done manually. But " if the results was entered into the card reader after voting and Counting" , that's another argument that can be challenged .

The argument of the Inec and the APC could be that the voting part and result transmission are all done manually. In which case you can't tell who a user voted for electronically.

Nevertheless, the result inec announced can be challenged and proved as false, if THE NUMBER OF ACCREDITED VOTERS ANNOUNCED IN THE FINAL RESULT IS NOT UP TO OR MORE THAN WHATS ON THEIR SEVER. IT CAN BE MORE, IF THERE WERE THOSE ACCREDITED MANUALLY IN THE CASE OF FAILLED CARD READER BUT DEFINITELY NOT LESS.

If this be the case ( that the final result announced by inec ) that number of accredited voters was less than what's on their server ( which there's no way they can disprove that they don't have) , then inec has shot itself in the leg. And Atiku and PDP would would have a strong case for victory.

You guys can contribute without insulting.

God help Naija. One luv

1 Like

Re: On Electronic Transmission Of Results Atiku Vs Inec by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2019
I concur.
Re: On Electronic Transmission Of Results Atiku Vs Inec by Front0lane: 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
Foolish person analyzing foolishness for foolish fans to read.
Re: On Electronic Transmission Of Results Atiku Vs Inec by Racoon(m): 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
INEC have simply boxed itself into a culdesac with this server issue.
Re: On Electronic Transmission Of Results Atiku Vs Inec by Ratello: 11:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
Racoon:
INEC have simply boxed itself into a culdesac with this server issue.
I think the Smart Card Reader (SCR) gave them away
Re: On Electronic Transmission Of Results Atiku Vs Inec by zickie: 7:21am On Apr 24, 2019
Ratello:

I think the Smart Card Reader (SCR) gave them away

Truth is there is a server. So what's the use of a server? We really need 100% electronic voting system. Nobody should deceive us with "hack". Are the banks not doing business electronically Adopt same security they use and even more! All the monies spent on elections is enough to pay for it. This is about our democracy not about Atiku nor Buhari. These men would be history in not more than 15 years but we would still have our country to manage. Let's good the truth prevails

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Supreme Court Sacks Governor-elect, All APC Candidates In Zamfara / Woman Who Posed As Sanwo-olu's Aide To Get Visas Arrested In Lagos / BREAKING: My WAEC Certificate Can't Resolve Nigeria's Problem - Buhari Tells Cou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.