Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,146 members, 7,967,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 02:45 PM

Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige (479 Views)

FG Generated 300,000 Businesses, Created One Million Jobs In One Year — VP / I Have Been Doing Odd Jobs So I Can Invest Into My Music Career - Ozonna Soludo / Lawan: We Passed Buhari’s $5.5 Billion Loan Request To Save 20 Million Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by Calculating: 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has created about 8 million jobs since he took over power, Chris Ngige, the Minister of Labour has said.

Mr Ngige made the claim when he appeared on Channels Television on Wednesday. His principal, Mr Buhari took over power in 2015, that was the first time an opposition candidate trounced an incumbent president in the country.

The minister said the creation of jobs could be traced to the agriculture and vocational skills training embarked upon by the Buhari administration noting that rice production in the country has created new groups of millionaires.

He noted that this was achieved through the promotion of blue collar jobs embarked upon by the present administration.

“We did food security arrangements, tackled agriculture. The government went into agriculture, started encouraging farmers,” Ngige said.

“Government programmes have yielded a lot of fruits if you go to the Agric belts of Nigeria; Kano, Jigawa, Katsina, Anambra, Enugu, Ogun, Kebbi states. Rice production created a new group of millionaires, the farmers.

“And there is the backward integration of the rice mills, jute bag manufacturers and the rest of them all, a lot of jobs have been created numbering about 8 million now.

“We did advocacy and told people not to look at white collar jobs, there are blue collar jobs, skills. You have to train your hands, you have to do plumbing, carpentry, tailoring.

“We have a mini in collaboration with the state government, we send people to the skills centre to train them and people come in there as an apprentice and after we finish with them, we empower them. But the problem is that how many people are ready to come here and train?

“The responses to the programmes are low, they regard those jobs as unbefitting to people’s status, but it is not true,” the minister said.

The claim by the minister comes months after the country continued to cement its status as the poverty capital of the world with more people slipping into extreme poverty.

An estimated 90.8 million Nigerians are living in extreme poverty as 2018 winds down to a close.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/buhari-has-created-8-million-jobs-ngige/
Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by Calculating: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by info25th: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
Yes he has!

This sports company is looking to fill 3 roles. Watch the video to find out more grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0WU5CIrjI
Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by Bakerdav: 2:36pm On Apr 24, 2019
Is that the job your children are doing right now?scammer minister

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by RoyalBlu(f): 2:46pm On Apr 24, 2019
8 million jobs?

In this very country? Abi there's another branch?

Uncle Lai needs my apology. shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by TRIGITIS: 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2019
Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by Nbote(m): 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2019
Oh yes he has... More ppl are now self employed with sports betting and Yahoo to survive

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by gurunlocker: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
I think this man is suffering from diarrhoea of the mouth lately!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by SarkinYarki: 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ngige is suffering from sycophant driven paranoia

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by Bella55555(f): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2019
Hai 9ja for life

Aruuuu!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
8 million jobs in which area or department? sometimes I feel this man is just a clown, trying to make himself heard among many tall men...well i wish him the very best with all this lies....
Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by Racoon(m): 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ngige must be very silly.
Re: Buhari Has Created 8 Million Jobs So Far – Ngige by bishopkay: 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2019
Please does anyone have access to very competent assasins Preferably foreign very experienced ones?

I want to do Nigeria a very big favor

(1) (Reply)

Nsnjsns / How A 34-year-old SDP Candidate, ‘small Alhaji’ Defeats PDP, APC, In Ondo / “I Am Not Happy That You Are No Longer Autocratic”- Amaechi To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.