Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,737 members, 7,875,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:12 PM

The Price For An Encounter With God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Price For An Encounter With God (411 Views)

There's No Denomination With God-An encounter with JehovahWitness-DemonWitnesses / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / Pandemonium As Masquerades And Lord's Chosen Mopols Encounter In Public. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Price For An Encounter With God by Gospelcaster(m): 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
"Zacchaeus, a sinner, a tax collector and a man deemed unfit for the master by the society came into an encounter with Jesus HAVING GONE BEYOND HIMSELF AND HIS STRENGTH AS A MAN" – Brodrick Emmanuel Ebube

Many men and women have recorded notable changes in their lives and destinies by virtue of their encounters with God.

In Biblical times, men like Abraham, Jacob (Israel), Samuel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Peter, Paul and so many others were introduced into realms unknown by mortals by the virtue of their encounters with God.

Any man or woman who is void of an encounter with God would amount to nothing but a weak, beggarly, suppressed and subjugated individual. The lives of men are shaped by the nature of the encounters they come in to.

Article's Focus;

The focus of this article is to give insight on the need for an encounter with God and the price to pay for such encounter. Our discussion would majorly be based on Bible character, Zacchaeus as I try to explain certain concepts....

Let me tell you a short story....

Jesus in Luke 19 entered the city of Jericho and in that city there was a man identified as Zacchaeus, a rich tax collector.

Zacchaeus according to Luke 19:3 sought to see Jesus but due to the insufficiency of his height (He wasn't a tall man) he was unable to see Jesus.

The first thing I would like to point out on the journey to securing an encounter with God is that it does not happen easily. It can be an uphill task but it bears with it more benefit than any other task on the earth.

Encountering divinity does not come by chance. It takes a well-worked approach to encounter God. Why??

Because nothing glorious is left open. Before you get access to any precious mineral resource lying in the earth you must dig into great depths. Gold, diamond, silver e.t.c are not found on the surface of the earth.

Your brain, heart, lungs, and kidneys are not placed on your body like your fingers but are securely hidden in the body.

God is glorious. Scriptures refers to Him as one who shrouds Himself with great light. God would not reveal Himself to just anyone.

For God to show Himself to a person, a price must be paid and the price which must be paid is what I would show you in this piece very soon.
God finds pleasure in concealing things and Himself.

"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing but the honour of kings is to search out a matter" – Proverbs 25:2

God wants you to diligently search all He has hidden and until you have done that sufficiently enough, God would not reveal Himself or that which you seek to you.

Back to my story...

So, Zacchaeus unable to see Jesus because he was short decided to climb up a sycamore tree and as Jesus passed by, He called out to Zacchaeus who was up the sycamore tree to come down for He was going to stay in his place (Luke 19:4-5)

Here are a few lessons to be learnt from this story of Zacchaeus...

[Continue Reading Via https://www.gospelcaster.org.ng/2019/04/the-price-for-an-encounter-with-god.html]

(1) (Reply)

The Rider On The White Horse (powerful Sermon) / Video: The 6 Degrees Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Shunning / Another JESUS, Live In CALABAR, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.