Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,143 members, 7,987,975 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 09:17 PM

Akpabio, Nsima And The Stolen Mandates: If I Was Any Of Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio, Nsima And The Stolen Mandates: If I Was Any Of Them (434 Views)

Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary / Akpabio Visits Udoedehe And Obong Nsima Ekere / Nsima Ekere Presented With Guns And Knives During Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akpabio, Nsima And The Stolen Mandates: If I Was Any Of Them by AlhajiUmani(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
Akpabio, Nsima And The Stolen Mandates: If I Was Any Of Them

After the conclusion of the 2019 general elections and the announcement of results, there have been incessant cries by the members of the opposition party, the APC on a purported claim that the Akwa Ibom State INEC REC, Barr. Mike Igini connived with PDP to cart away their mandate.

It may interest one to ask which mandate they're referring to or are they trying to reawake the old ugly memories they caused some families during the said elections? This they won't go away with it because God Himself had said " whosoever lives by the sword, by the same sword shall he die".

While they are blatantly clamouring for their stolen mandate and pointing accusing fingers at Mike Igini, I pray them to bring forth any fact(s) that would portray Igini as a partial INEC REC according to their claims, unless otherwise, they are indirectly trying to tell us Mike Igini was the sole reason they ventured into those inhuman acts witnessed before and during the elections.

If I was Nsima or Chief Akpabio, I would have sent myself on exile, maybe till when Christ must have found it necessary to forgive the sins I committed before, during and after the general elections.

Truth be told. Nsima Ekere and Akpabio going to the Election Tribunal to challenge the election result is one act that testifies to the claims that the duo are suffering from a serious psychopathy as a result of much intake of cocaine and tramadol. If they're sane, they would have known that the atrocities they committed are weighty and are human right violations, except they'll want to tell us they're on a mission to wash their dirty linens in public which believably, Mike Igini I know will help them.

Do you know if I was any of them, I would have neglect everything to abscond with the looted money left, this would have helped me escaped from the incessant disturbance and checks by the EFCC and the thunderous criticisms and curses by my constituents. This would have given an avenue to start a new and peaceful life acceptable by God and humanity, but they are not wise.

Or do they have any evidence(s) to present to the world that the just concluded general elections in Akwa Ibom State were rigged in favor of PDP? If no, let it be known that at the other hand, there are thousands of evidences against the Duo for election malpractices and violations of Human Rights. In Ukana during the Presidential and National Assembly elections, Akpabio had ordered his hired thugs to harass the International Observers who were there to monitor the electioneering process. It should also be noted explicitly that Akpabio was afraid to let the International Observers in because he was busy preparing doctored election results which were to be taken to the Presiding Officer. This was the point were one Mr. Itoro Ekpe was beaten blue-black for not accepting the doctored results sheet by the Akpabio's men.

Instead of throwing tantrums at Igini, I was expecting them to embark on serious plea to see how God could show forth His mercies on them prior to the havoc perpetuated by them before, during and after the general elections. It's indeed pitiful that till date, the Duo are yet to show any sign of remorse.

Few days before the Gubernatorial election, Nsima Ekere had met with Presiding, Returning Officers and other Staffs of INEC in the State, promising to compensate each of them with $5000, $3000 and $2000 depending on their heirachy. At the end of the meeting, all of them left with $1500 as their commitment levy but surprisingly, they were all dropped few hours to the election.

Again, these INEC Staffs had already prepared election results across the 31 Local Governments of the State in favor of the APC. From the doctored results I saw, Nsima had won in 26 Local Governments even before the gubernatorial election. You could imagine how funny it is for a man of that age to allow himself to be cowed by small boys.

I urge Nsima Ekere to bring forth the election result that portrayed him winner of the gubernatorial election and the same hands that sat to prepare the result will speak against him at the Court.

When the above plan was foiled, Obong Nsima Ekere contracted some Militants from Edo, Rivers and Delta States to move from one polling unit of the State to the other, instigating violence and mayhem on the electorates. Also, there were plans by these same militants and Nsima Ekere to bomb the convoy of the Akwa Ibom INEC REC on the election day. This was a supplementary option to the first plan which they believed was going to lead to the postponement of the election in Akwa Ibom State.

What if they had succeeded, did he actually want to become a governor at the expense of one's blood? A killer will remain a killer, and instead of repenting, he would always want to kill more. I'm of the opinion that everything is wrong with Nsima Ekere. I still have the leaked audio tape of these plans and soon, he'll have to tell the world about it.

Who doesn't know Nsima Ekere wasn't eligible to stand election? On the 11th of December 2018, a petition which was jointly signed by Mr. Omokiri Tombari and Dr. Biodun Akinfeluwa, Chairman and Secretary of the Indigenous Contractors of Niger Delta, stating that Nsima Ekere had contravened the Code of Conduct and Tribunal Act, by not maintaining a high standard of public morality in the conduct of Public business in his activities as the Managing Director of NDDC which led to his removal from same office.

With his ousting as the MD of NDDC, the Indigenous Contractors in accordance with section 107 (1i) of the Electoral Acts, filed a petition against him at the Magistrate and Federal High Courts respectively, stating that his sack from office and defiling of the Court invitations were all tantamount to his automatic disqualification. This is to say emphatically that Nsima was not eligible to stand election and as such, the Court which is considered the last hope for the common man will maintain her integrity, and will definitely send Nsima Ekere to where he belongs.

To avoid had I known at last, I would have run away from this country in peace if I was Nsima Ekere or Senator Akpabio. Since they're members of the APC, this is the only available option for them to be at peace with the community and their conscience.

Umani Uwemedimo is a Public Affairs analyst, writes this piece from Abak.

(1) (Reply)

178 Newly Elected Members Of The 9th Assembly Joins Force With Femi Gbajabiamila / Wike Blames G.O.C OF Running Oil Bunkering Team / Atiku Reacts To High Rate Of Suicide In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.