Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,499 members, 7,885,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:33 PM

The Right Way Of Buying Glasses/spectacles. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Right Way Of Buying Glasses/spectacles. (281 Views)

I'm Tired Of Buying Sanitary Pads Every Month. ( Warning; Graphic Pics inside) / Is This A Creative Way Of Marking The "No Bra Day" / How To Know If You Need Glasses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Right Way Of Buying Glasses/spectacles. by Qtsnow(m): 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
Just like shoes, even glasses have different sizes but I feel most people don’t know how to read them

Step 1: find where is the size written on your glasses.

It is usually on the inside of you temples.

That’s the number on my glasses: 9Y12 50•16–138(yours will be similar)

Step 2: start reading from right to left.
The first number is-138.
Which means that my temples are 138 mm long or 13.8 cm.

The next number is-16.
That means the the bridges are 16 mm or 1.6 cm long.

The last number is-50
This means that my lenses are 50mm or 5cm long.

That’s it!
Next time you go to buy glasses you don’t have to try thousands of different frames to see which ones fit!

I hope you have learnt something new.

Thank you.

(pictures are from my mom’s phone cause my phone's camera quality sucks!)

Source: Quora

(1) (Reply)

Stage-a Herbal Tea. Guaranted Cure For Prostate Affliction / Diabetic Treatment / How To Gain Weight Fast | Weight Gain Journey & Motivation Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.