Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,198 members, 7,880,738 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:06 AM

Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell (6051 Views)

Lekki Deep Seaport To Generate Over $200b Revenue For FG, Lagos - Lai / TCN: Nigeria Requires ₦1 Trillion For Efficient Electricity Transmission / Nigerian Lawyers Drag China To Court Over COVID-19, Demands $200b Damages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell by MyGeneration(m): 7:49am On Apr 26, 2019
lagbaja:

You are wrong. The Ghana project is a rehabilition of an existing rail line. Warri to Itakpe is 316km length with 12 station. $150m is a great bargain because a km of rail line is estimated to cost $4million.
OK I accept my mistake. I didn't really read the Ghana story to my understanding

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell by GavelSlam: 7:49am On Apr 26, 2019
MyGeneration:
This is a big lie. All these analyst and exaggeration.

Well am not surprised in Nigeria the inflation of project cost is too much. I read that Amaechi used 150million dollars to build warri to kogi rail line, but in Ghana a similar rail line was built almost same distance and it cost less than 5million dollars. But our own its times 20 of the amount

5 million dollars for a 320km rail line?

Re: Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell by 2fine2fast(m): 7:50am On Apr 26, 2019
MyGeneration:

I wasn't talking about Lagos Ibadan rail way get your own facts right am talking about warri itakpe rail.

I am saying the 200million dollars used for it's rehabilitation is highly exaggerated

Apologies for the oversight.

The Warri-Itakpe construction was the construction of a new standard gauge line
327 km long compared to the Accra line which is 24 km and a rehabilitation.
Your comparison is still ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell by ivcraig(m): 7:52am On Apr 26, 2019
Stalwert:
Truth is we have truly wasted an opportunity to break from the past, the last 16 years of PDP reign of locust clearly push us off course. Now we need huge tracks of money to invest in the sector and have no such money around.

It's the will to do what's right that we lack. I don't believe it's about what Political Party manages the government.
Re: Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell by olisaEze(m): 8:04am On Apr 26, 2019
MyGeneration:
This is a big lie. All these analyst and exaggeration.

Well am not surprised in Nigeria the inflation of project cost is too much. I read that Amaechi used 150million dollars to build warri to kogi rail line, but in Ghana a similar rail line was built almost same distance and it cost less than 5million dollars. But our own its times 20 of the amount

That’s because in Nigeria, you have to bill in money for politicians(eg ministers, governors, party bigwigs, commissioners), security agencies, civil servants whose tables your file will land on, community chiefs/elders, community youth leaders, union chairmen, and a lot other middlemen while considering inflation rate of the dollar as it concerns procurement of equipment & services during the work period. The journey of a contractor from when he/she is awarded a job to completion is an arduous trip in Nigeria.

Oh and getting paid for the job done is also another matter entirely!
Re: Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 26, 2019
MyGeneration:
Google is your friend
rehab and construction are not same
Re: Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell by blowjohn(m): 8:54am On Apr 26, 2019
Joromi12:
5m for a rail line. Bros u too dey lie

The lie hit me for here.
Abi na clothing line e wan write b4
Re: Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell by kayjay69(m): 8:57am On Apr 26, 2019
Even if you give Nigeria $500bn to bridge its energy gap, it will only find it's way into private pockets, we know how these things work.

timesfive2:
Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Co (SNEPCo) Managing Director (MD) Bayo Ojulari has said between $40 billion and $200 billion Nigeria needs to bridge its energy gap.

He said a nation without a secured energy system could not claim to have power.

In his presentation titled: “Nigeria’s energy security and sustainable development in Nigeria: The way forward”, at the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Oloibiri Lecture Series and Energy Forum 2019 in Abuja, Ojulari lamented that 70 per cent of the country’s installed electricity capacity is lost without reaching consumers.

According to him, because of aging equipment and vandalism, 70 per cent of the populace has less than four hours electricity daily.

He said: “Energy is not standing alone, it is about its impact on the society.”

Ojulari said in the next 10 years, energy demand is expected to double, adding that by 2050, solar could emerge as the dominant power energy source. But oil and gas need would continue.”

Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Group managing Director Dr Maikanti Baru said despite abundant oil and gas reserves, the country still experiences shortages in electric power.

According to him, based on Nigeria’s Energy consumption current forecast, statistics showed an increase from 6GW in 2015 to 30GW by 2025. The primary source of the current power supply, he added, is hydro and gas.

Baru insisted that the future consumption, which is expected to drive growth by 2025, would need aggressive development of gas and renewable projects to meet the exponential demand.

https://thenationonlineng.net/shell-nigeria-requires-200b-to-bridge-energy-gap/amp/

Re: Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell by ernieboy(m): 9:46am On Apr 26, 2019
MyGeneration:
Most of these analyst exaggerate a lot simple
it is not necessarily exaggeration, majority of the infrastructure, from transmission to distribution need massive overhauling.
Re: Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell by ernieboy(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2019
Joromi12:
5m for a rail line. Bros u too dey lie
dollars, not naira. yeah Nigeria overinflates. but I doubt if his claim is correct
Re: Nigeria Requires $200b To Bridge Energy Gap - Shell by Hoodbilonia: 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
200billion dollars

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Govt Earmarks Paris Club Savings For Payment Of LG Pensions, Gratuities / Heavy Gun Fire Right Now At Awkuzu SARS, Anambra State / Results As Released By Inec In Plateau State, Lp Sweeps Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.