Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,912 members, 7,938,727 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:46 AM

Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? (75964 Views)

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 / Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by deols(f): 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2010
Ds is interestn, so much to learn.

QUEEN AMINA of zaria
FUNMILAYO ransome kuti
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by 2dcore(f): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2010
Falilat Ogunkoya
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by amefi(m): 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2010
MRS VICTORIA AMEDU AND THAT FIRST FEMALE GOVERNOR IN ANAMBRA AND NIGERIA I CANT REMEMBER HER NAME
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by ausman: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2010
1.IYABO OBASANJO
2. PATRICIA ETTEH
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by SEFAGO(m): 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2010
see the useless list sef- nigeria has not produced any woman of repute- kedu?
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by slimes(m): 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2010
Women have done a lot worthy of recognition. See the link http://www.motherlandnigeria.com/women.html
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by Eduboi(m): 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2010
amefi:

MRS VICTORIA AMEDU AND THAT FIRST FEMALE GOVERNOR IN ANAMBRA AND NIGERIA I CANT REMEMBER HER NAME

Her name is VIRGINIA ETIABA
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by seedord247(m): 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2010
what about Iya Aladuke of Kwara
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by Eduboi(m): 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2010
SEFAGO:

see the usefull list sef- nigeria has not produced so many women of repute- odimma!

grin
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 19, 2010
na ma mama be the greatest woman to ever grace planet earth
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by osarodon(m): 8:24am On Sep 19, 2010
[size=24pt]QUEEN IDIA OF BENIN EMPIRE[/size]
SHE WAS A WARRIOR OF ALL TIME
REMEMBER BENIN WAS THE ONLY
EMPIRE THAT RESISTED THE BRITISH
INVASION.
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by rman: 8:50am On Sep 19, 2010
Hi all,

Poster wants the 10 greatest Nigerian women of all time NOT 10 greatest of our time.
Dora, Odukoya and co shouldn't be on the list.
I know some may ask 'where is your list?'. Sorry, I don't know the 10 greatest Nigerian women of all time.
Some have actually tried to come up with intelligent responses.

Fumilayo Ransom Kuti etc are more like it. Not Athletes, pastors and political jobbers.
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by heilige(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2010
i think my mother is number one on the list,
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by koolguy88(m): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2010
farida waziri is a great mama
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by Ruq: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2010
Fork dora out of that list she doesn't belong there!
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 19, 2010
WHY WOULD ANYBODY INCLUDE THAT
SHAMELESS,
FAKE NATIONALIST,
GROSSLY CORRUPT

DORA AKUNYILI IN THAT LIST!
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2010
Patricia Etteh
Iyabo O.b.j
Cossy Ojiakor
Ini Edo
Mercy Johnson
Turai Ya'adua
Maryam Abacha
Mama Gee (of NL fame)
etc etc
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by jchublue: 12:32pm On Sep 19, 2010
Most people will mention the usual prospects.

But my first choice is Hajiya Bola Shagaya

A very quiet, easy going, humble, hard-working, intelligent, beautiful woman. A successful businesswoman, a home-maker, mother and wife and a true icon of Nigeria and Africa.

She is a paragon of success, a model of excellence, and a standard bearer for the model Nigerian citizen - male or female.

http://woahnigeria./2010/09/13/autopsy-of-a-feminine/
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by tshepiso(f): 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2010
Why una go forget mary mitchell slessor the only woman that stop the killing of twins in nigeria.
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by chuqudy(m): 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2010
Stella Obasanjo
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by Agibecky: 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2010
My mother of blessed memory MRS. GLADYS EKE who gave birth to me on a beautiful Sunday is among the greatest Nigerian women of all time.
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by 9jafreak: 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2010
Well, as I did not know many of these 'HEROINES'

My Greatest Nigerian Woman of All-time

is

[b]Mrs & Pastor Bimbo Odukoya
[[/b]Her influence is still relevant today and will exist as long as humanity itself]

RIP Beautiful, powerful, life-changing mother!

Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by naijasmost: 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2010
Wow - be like say DORA no too get fans for this thread! LOL!

It makes you wonder though - if you are still part of current Nigerian society, is it easy for you to be declared as one of the greatest of all time

(Although, Soyinka and Achebe come to mind, to counter that argument, )

What do you think?

Should Dora stay or go?
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by safariman(m): 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2010
Iweala
Ms. Kuti
Onyeka
Mary Onyali
Kudi Abiola
Sade Adu
Titi (WNTA 1st in Africa)
Emily Edet
Fali Ogunkoya
Chrisite Okpara
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by VPersie: 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2010
What tangible thing have these women acheived? Let call a spoon a spoon. Apart from the likes of Ezekwesili and Iweala that have achieved on an international playing field, the rest on these lists consists of mediocres, wanna-bes, and almost-were with a sprinkling of feel-good social studies heroines.
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by naijasmost: 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2010
HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

KATA KATA DON SCATTA!! VPersie has thrown down the gauntlet!!! LOLz!!!

Does VPersie speak the truth??
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by VPersie: 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2010
What have I done?
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by naijasmost: 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2010
VPersie:

What tangible thing have these women acheived? Let call a spoon a spoon. Apart from the likes of Ezekwesili and Iweala that have achieved on an international playing field, the rest on these lists consists of mediocres, wanna-bes, and almost-were with a sprinkling of feel-good social studies heroines.

VPersie, the truth is, I think there is some weight to what you have said.
I had to laugh at: "a sprinkling of feel-good social studies heroines."

I wonder how we compare the achievements of social studies heroines, to contemporary great women?
Or how we compare the influence of regional giants, to whom most of the country may not be familiar?

Hmmm.
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by Chidoxyl(m): 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2010
Chioma Ajunwa:- Won Nigeria's 1st Olympic Gold Medal.

My Mama:- Brought me 2 dis world. If not, I wouldn't be responding 2 dis thread.

My Wife-2-Be:- Reason Y I'm going to be getting married 2 her is cos she's d greatest woman on earth & from Nigeria.
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by shadrach77: 11:38pm On Sep 19, 2010
[size=15pt]chioma ajunwa - nigeria's first olympic gold medalist[/size]
Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by german007(m): 11:57pm On Sep 19, 2010
THE LATE ACTRESS, Zainab Bukky Ajayi, definitely makes my list.

MAY HER SOUL RIP.

cool cool

Re: Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? by googles: 1:04am On Sep 20, 2010
^^^ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

shez dead ?? shocked sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.