Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,632 members, 7,951,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:51 PM

19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams (28190 Views)

Teenage Girl Sets School On Fire, Kills 19 Students Over Seized Phone / Tanzanian Policeman Sues Friend For Failing To Impregnate His Wife After 77 Time / 16-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ghana For Failing An Exam (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Ggff3323: 7:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
Prove below

Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Ayo25: 7:34pm On Apr 26, 2019
noni14:
the teachers should be held responsible for the death, don't quote .
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by nicepoker101(m): 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
That was how we lost joy Lobo in 3 idiots.

2 Likes

Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
The competition over there is rife.
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by nicepoker101(m): 7:36pm On Apr 26, 2019
That was how we lost joy Lobo in 3 idiots..
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Rossikk(m): 7:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
Bizmagnet:
E be like say Indian has imported some crazy lecturers/exerminers from Nigeria.

Self hater.
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Rossikk(m): 7:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
Gkemz:
The rate of suicide is on the high side in India especially amongst students.

Farmers too. Every year wherever there's a poor harvest come see suicide galore....

Weak men with no backbone. Yet they're so racist.
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Legendguru: 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
sad
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Naanlong01: 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
charliboy654:
I saw something like Niger city in lockdown after Boko Haram....

Please someone should explain wat is happening in niger, cause an traveling next week n I will pass Niger.
Not in Nigeria, republic of Niger. Don't mind the copy copy op
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 26, 2019
Naanlong01:

Not in Nigeria, republic of Niger. Don't mind the copy copy op
Ok, thanks for the clarification, I don dey fear B4, traveling to the north is always stressful.

1 Like

Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by JastSiryin(m): 7:58pm On Apr 26, 2019
tstx:

Only in this part of the world
Bro it's all parts of the world. Power has never been about certification. More about guts and wit
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Alexrayz(m): 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2019
tstx:
No fewer than 19 students in India’s Telangana state are thought to have committed suicide, after failing school final examinations, officials and news reports said on Thursday.

Parents and students have been protesting across the state since the results of the Intermediate Examination for students of the two senior most grades were announced on April 18.

Out of the 974,000 students, who appeared for the Intermediate Exam, a total of 328,000 failed, Telenga Chief Minister, Chandrasekhar Rao, said in a statement.

He has set up a three-member panel to probe conduct and assessment of answer papers.

“There have been a spate of suicides which, on preliminary investigations, are linked to the examination results,’’ Senior Police Official, Shika Goel, said.

The number of students, who appeared for the exam and had committed suicide since the results were announced, clocked 19 on Thursday with two more deaths, the Times of India newspaper reported.

Rao held a meeting with senior officials of the education and related departments late on Wednesday and announced a free-of-cost re-evaluation of answer papers.

He appealed to the students to be courageous and not to commit suicide.
Niger City In Lockdown After Boko Haram Attack

“Though one fails in the examination, there will be plenty of opportunities,’’ Rao said.

Activists say there is intense pressure on students, especially in the southern Indian states, to secure high marks in board examinations and entrance tests to engineering and medical colleges.

“Counselling should be made mandatory before the examinations and after results are declared,’’ Rajendra Prasad, Chief Coordinator of the Hyderabad-based non-profit MV Foundation, said. (dpa/NAN)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/19-students-commit-suicide-for-failing-exams/

Wait are they all in the same WhatsApp group and the admin was like let do it
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by ovieben(m): 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2019
3 idiots pt 2
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by MissRaine69(f): 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
In a world where the level of competition is that high, the pressure to succeed is immense, worse if the family is poor and borrowed heavily to finance that education. The rate of suicide amongst students is higher in China.

2 Likes

Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by bluefilm: 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2019
Eyaaa.

I never knew they still practice that 'culture'.

Exam period is usually a tormenting time for most families in india.

The students taking the exams cannot stand the shame they represent to their respective families should they fail in such exams hence their committing suicide if they eventually fail.

It's a pity.

But if it is in one african country I know so well, their lazy youths will be proudly hustling for 'runs'.

But tomorrow, the same youths will be expecting their country to turn to america overnight.

Useless things. undecided
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by HitSong: 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2019
Important info below
Scammer
Important kill you there

You're a future seer abi
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by fabianiyobosa(m): 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2019
I studied in India and as an African student, let my people go score is okay for some of us. But when these Indians get 85/100, they still complain when we Africans are just hoping for 50 max. Some of them even challenge lecturers and most times, they win.
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by oduademonest: 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
Honorable people.

In Nigeria, our people will try stealing the question ahead of time first, if that fails, they will try to buy the questions ahead of time, if that fails, snatch in the exam in the hall, if that fails, cheating by the student is tried, if it fails, cheating by the parent on student's behalf follows, if it fails, bribe exam officers to change the answers post-exam, if that fails, women will try to sleep with exam officials, if that fails, parents will try intimidation, if that fails, voodoo, if that fails, student and parent will repeat the process again the following year

Suicide is never an option for our dishonorable students, especially Yeibos

1 Like

Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Goalnaldo(m): 9:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
India is the suicide capital of the world
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Ranchhoddas: 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2019
DataConcept07:
Chaiii... Book is not by force... Is like this thing common in India.. I remember One Movie that I watched one time (THREE IDIOT)
I also wrote the exam and came first. cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Ranchhoddas: 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2019
nicepoker101:
That was how we lost joy Lobo in 3 idiots.
I tried to save him. Confronted the head of the school Viru at his funeral.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by nicepoker101(m): 9:25pm On Apr 26, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
I tried to save him. Confronted the head of the school Viru at his funeral.
grin And the man almost expelled you from school grin
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Ranchhoddas: 9:27pm On Apr 26, 2019
nicepoker101:
grin And the man almost expelled you from school grin
Look at how it turned out.
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by nicepoker101(m): 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Look at how it turned out.
Are you still married to virus daughter? Or una don separate? grin
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Ranchhoddas: 9:31pm On Apr 26, 2019
nicepoker101:
Are you still married to virus daughter? Or una don separate? grin
Pia and I, together forever.

1 Like

Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by DavSagacity(m): 9:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
DataConcept07:
Chaiii... Book is not by force... Is like this thing common in India.. I remember One Movie that I watched one time (THREE IDIOT)
Professor Viru Sahastrabhudde, Rachoddas Chanchad, Raju Rastogi and Farhan Qureshi... Some lecturers can frustrate students like the 3 idiots professor.

1 Like

Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Pacesetter123(m): 10:03pm On Apr 26, 2019
OgbanjeProphet:
For those blaming the teachers, why dem no read well? Is it the fault of the teachers that they failed.
Yes, it's teachers' fault.U cannot claim to av tot a class of students n during exam u set, more dan half of ur students fail.It means u wer practically teaching nothing.And so,de bulk of de blame shud be on the teachers shikina!
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Greatzeus(m): 10:55pm On Apr 26, 2019
Sad cry Reminds me of what happened in The 3 Idiots. If you haven't seen it,you haven't seen the best India movie of all time. I can transfer it to your device with hundreds of other great high quality movies.
Re: 19 Students Commit Suicide in India For Failing Exams by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2019
This makes me remember that Indian movie 3 IDIOTS.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marital Rape / Two FRSC Officers Killed, 10 Kidnapped In Nasarawa Highway Bandits Attack / Fans Thief Cries At Edo Police Station After He Was Caught (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.