Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,893 members, 7,933,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:41 AM

Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects (11701 Views)

Bbnaija Winner Efe Escape Kidnap/robbery Attempt (pics/video) / Counsel Withdraws As Offa Banks’ Robbery Suspects Are Arraigned / Hawa Yinusa, The Woman Who Leads Kidnap, Robbery Gang Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects by Dshocker(m): 7:25am On Apr 27, 2019
So,who is going to defend them in court?
Re: Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects by Angrymode: 11:50am On Apr 27, 2019
Illiterate statement from supposed learned people.

So they didn't learn innocent until proven guilty?

In a country like 9ja that police can pick you up around 9pm when you are going out to buy Suya and declare you Armed Robber? I guess oyo is ur case since u can't even get a lawyer to defend ur case.
Re: Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects by peptech2308: 8:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
How I wish all other MBA can be doing same. I think crime will reduce. God help us.
Re: Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
This makes sense, tools of justice should not promote criminality, especially in a state as Benin where it is rampant.
Re: Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects by tit(f): 6:14am On Apr 02, 2022
Can a criminal case trial hold without a defense lawyer?
Re: Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects by Fuckyoumod: 8:02am On Apr 02, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Noble as their act is.. It still recks of inconsideration and immaturity.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

The sole essence of having some form of representation in criminal cases is
basically to explore all the possible options contained in ambits of a law and once they exhausted, the criminal can even convince others why he had to be jailed.

Even, the Panty bomber, Abdulmutallab was aptly represented in US in spite of the carnage he almost caused.

So Edo NBA should perfect their arguments for and against the subject matter and not kill a fly with a sledgehammer.
what is innocent about a man that was caught in the act of armed robbery With an AK 47 with murdered victims around him?

You need a brain check bro.... Sometimes I just want some of you guys defending criminals to be victims that never recovered from criminals
Re: Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects by zolajpower: 9:06am On Apr 02, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Noble as their act is.. It still recks of inconsideration and immaturity.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

The sole essence of having some form of representation in criminal cases is
basically to explore all the possible options contained in ambits of a law and once they exhausted, the criminal can even convince others why he had to be jailed.

Even, the Panty bomber, Abdulmutallab was aptly represented in US in spite of the carnage he almost caused.

So Edo NBA should perfect their arguments for and against the subject matter and not kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

Bros I have had encounter with these two criminals . I will that they re worse than buhari . In ditching out justice to the right party these two re useless and worse like the p in psychology.
Re: Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects by zolajpower: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2022
NairaMedia:
The Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Benin Branch, on Thursday, barred its members from defending persons charged with the grievous and felonious offences of kidnapping and armed robbery.

The branch made this known in a communiqué signed by its Chairman, Collins Ogiegbaen, and Secretary, Pius Oiwoh.

The association said it is withdrawing its services from all suspects whose offences are related to kidnapping against the background of incessant cases of kidnap and attempted kidnap of its members.

“In this regard and for purposes of emphasis, the branch resolves that all lawyers registered with it are forthwith prohibited from appearing for kidnap suspects either at the police station or in any court within the state.

Consequently, any member of the bar found flouting the resolution/directive shall be heavily sanctioned accordingly,” the communiqué said.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/04/edo-nba-bars-lawyers-from-defending.html

In case you guys don't know , these two ppl ( chairman & secretary ) re evil incarnate that I have had an encounter with . So it doesn't come as a surprise . Though their tenure as chairman and secretary is about to come to an end and the evil secretary is vying for the chairmanship position . So to say what about the mantra " innocent until proving guilty " is an understatement and doesn't work with their evil ideology. I pray it happens to one of their relatives so they can feel the heat of no legal representation for their accused relations even though innocent or guilty .
Re: Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects by BigYash: 9:43am On Apr 02, 2022
peptech2308:
How I wish all other MBA can be doing same. I think crime will reduce. God help us.
Until police hold you,and accuse you of armed robbery you know nothing about..
Re: Edo NBA bars lawyers from defending kidnap, robbery suspects by BigYash: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2022
Fairmedia:
This makes sense, tools of justice should not promote criminality, especially in a state as Benin where it is rampant.
Until police accuse you wrongly of armed robbery or you kidnapping someone.. Benin police go cut your ear that day,cux no lawyer by you grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chigozie Ejike Murder: Family Accuses Police Intelligence Unit Of Stopping Trial / Inofomoh Gabriel: Suspected Kidnappers Kill Man In Edo (Photo) / Police Parade Fake ASP, 9 Others For Various Crimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.