Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,031 members, 7,880,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife (19932 Views)

2Face In Tears As Annie Idibia And Pero End Their Age-Long Rift / Isabella Idibia: Annie And 2face Idibia’s First Daughter Is So Grown! (photos) / Isabella Idibia: Annie And 2face Idibia's First Daughter Is So Grown! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by wink2015(m): 11:59am On Apr 27, 2019
Gisters:
GistMore.com

Star actress, Annie Idibia, has said that her year started on a rough note due to the fact that her father took ill for months.

Speaking exclusively with Saturday Beats, the screen diva revealed that her father was not always there for her siblings and her so she was raised single-handedly by her mother.

Due to that experience as a child, Idibia stated that she never prays that her children or any other kid would have to live without having both parents around to raise them.

She said, “This year started for me quite tough. I spent the first three months of this year in the hospital with my father because he had been sick for a while but God has been great and I am grateful.

“I am actually closer to my mother than my father because she raised us single-handedly. My father is still my father and since he was sick we had to rally round him.

“Growing up with only my mother really affected my life and I suffered and I do not ever want my children to face the agony of not having both parents together because it was so hard for us.

“Even right now, the way the world is, children are more enlightened than we were in our days, so the pressure would be harder on the kids from broken homes right now. I do not want my children to ever experience that.”

The actress, who is married to one of Africa’s biggest music stars, told Saturday Beats that she prefers to be addressed and identified on the basis of her own achievements as a movie practitioner rather than just the wife of Tubaba.

“I took a break from my career because after I got married, I got pregnant so I had a baby and had to get used to the new life. I think I did not do any movie for about three years.

“Being addressed as Tubaba’s wife instead of Annie the actress has been a problem that I have been trying to work on for a long time.

“I want to believe that I have successfully been able to identify and differentiate my brand as Annie Idibia the actress/career woman and Annie Idibia the wife/mother. I prefer being addressed as Annie and not Tubaba’s wife. I hate this because I am my own person and have worked hard to build my career and brand. I should be identified and respected on that basis,” she said.

Speaking of the secret of her trim and enviable figure despite being a mother of two, Idibia said, “I would like to say I have a good gene and my husband also have a good gene, so two good genes merged together.

“I try not to eat late and the days I can do exercises, I do them. I try to eat right, drink water and eat fruits. I try to avoid food like eba, rice, bread, etc.

“Also, as a working woman, I am up and about; I wake up very early and sleep very late. All these things make me lose weight.

“I believe that make-up is to enhance what you have or make your beauty more pronounced. I am very comfortable in my skin. I love my skin colour and my natural look.”

See more; http://gistmore.com/i-prefer-being-addressed-as-annie-and-not-tubabas-wife

cute !
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by asawanathegreat(m): 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2019
Celebrities too like to show themselves Y?
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Sunsets: 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
We cannot solve all of man's problems. Before now her problem was to marry Tuface whose larger than life image dwarfed hers. In fact, Annie as an actor was seen as Tuface's ex. Now, she wants to be seen as Annie the Actor; an image she never had. One contradiction in her comments is working had to keep her kids father for her kids while depriving the other kids their mums. You see, sometimes we should just live by what we cannot change. Live within Tuface's image. You can't change it. [author=Gisters post=77887908]GistMore.com

Star actress, Annie Idibia, has said that her year started on a rough note due to the fact that her father took ill for months.

Speaking exclusively with Saturday Beats, the screen diva revealed that her father was not always there for her siblings and her so she was raised single-handedly by her mother.

Due to that experience as a child, Idibia stated that she never prays that her children or any other kid would have to live without having both parents around to raise them.

She said, “This year started for me quite tough. I spent the first three months of this year in the hospital with my father because he had been sick for a while but God has been great and I am grateful.

“I am actually closer to my mother than my father because she raised us single-handedly. My father is still my father and since he was sick we had to rally round him.

“Growing up with only my mother really affected my life and I suffered and I do not ever want my children to face the agony of not having both parents together because it was so hard for us.

“Even right now, the way the world is, children are more enlightened than we were in our days, so the pressure would be harder on the kids from broken homes right now. I do not want my children to ever experience that.”

The actress, who is married to one of Africa’s biggest music stars, told Saturday Beats that she prefers to be addressed and identified on the basis of her own achievements as a movie practitioner rather than just the wife of Tubaba.

“I took a break from my career because after I got married, I got pregnant so I had a baby and had to get used to the new life. I think I did not do any movie for about three years.

“Being addressed as Tubaba’s wife instead of Annie the actress has been a problem that I have been trying to work on for a long time.

“I want to believe that I have successfully been able to identify and differentiate my brand as Annie Idibia the actress/career woman and Annie Idibia the wife/mother. I prefer being addressed as Annie and not Tubaba’s wife. I hate this because I am my own person and have worked hard to build my career and brand. I should be identified and respected on that basis,” she said.

Speaking of the secret of her trim and enviable figure despite being a mother of two, Idibia said, “I would like to say I have a good gene and my husband also have a good gene, so two good genes merged together.

“I try not to eat late and the days I can do exercises, I do them. I try to eat right, drink water and eat fruits. I try to avoid food like eba, rice, bread, etc.

“Also, as a working woman, I am up and about; I wake up very early and sleep very late. All these things make me lose weight.

“I believe that make-up is to enhance what you have or make your beauty more pronounced. I am very comfortable in my skin. I love my skin colour and my natural look.”

See more; http://gistmore.com/i-prefer-being-addressed-as-annie-and-not-tubabas-wife

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2019
masterchi:
You are Annie, Tubaba's wife and mother of tubaba's children, well not all! why prefer one over others? How difficult is it to embrace the two? Maturity requires that we embrace the totality of who we are and the best way to shake the labels is accepting and becoming all of it. Blackish season 5 episode 20 addresses this.

Btw, Annie should not kid herself, she is a terrible actress and I do not know what else she does, who knows?
you dey there!!!

Her acting is whacked!!!

Who knows Annie without 2face

Human being likes attracting problems to themselves

See the useless thing bothering her undecided

Something that most ladies makes their prayer point

Yeye dey worry am

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Stillthebest: 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
masterchi:
You are Annie, Tubaba's wife and mother of tubaba's children, well not all! why prefer one over others? How difficult is it to embrace the two? Maturity requires that we embrace the totality of who we are and the best way to shake the labels is accepting and becoming all of it. Blackish season 5 episode 20 addresses this.

Btw, Annie should not kid herself, she is a terrible actress and I do not know what else she does, who knows?

Very terrible one. I thought I was the only one who sees her as a poor actress or actor since actresses now call themselves actors and women call themselves kings. Funnily if a woman now answers actor I guess a man would be called actress and Queen
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by bizhop01: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2019
Drunk in love
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by datigbogirl: 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
Gisters:
GistMore.com

Then step out of his shadow and make yourself significant, instead of surreptitiously controlling his media handles.

You dont ask/demand respect like it's your birthright. You fvcking earn it, cos actions speak louder than words.

Nobody owes you #1 of respect....

1 Like

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by trapQ: 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2019
More like gathering of pained bitter misorgynists whining over a woman's choices.
JubrilBuhari:
Association of the Nigeria old cargoes cum frustrated feminist over to you. cheesy
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by JubrilBuhari: 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2019
trapQ:
More like gathering of pained bitter misorgynists whining over a woman's choices.
One spotted cheesy
More to come grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by TRAVEL101(m): 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2019
And so
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by godofuck231: 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2019
who knew u in Nigeria before 2face plug u
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by VulgarLee(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2019
StarUp:
The marriage don dey tire her be that grin ... Tell tale slangs spotted.
Stop this noisence
Na woman like her you be
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Toreddo3679(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2019
masterchi:

shut the fvck up

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by mechanics(m): 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2019
hmmmm, not to eat eba, rice and bread, what else will want eat then?
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2019
Look at this one who desperately fought tooth and nail to ensure that Tuface married her ahead of the other 'candidates'. Now because say she don 'balance' for house as madam, she has mouth to talk nonsense. Who sabi you? Talking bla bla bla about a stupid identity she never had. Why not refuse to marry Tuface and remain on your own to nurture your stillborn 'identity' as an actress or whatever? As belle don full, you wan turn emergency feminist. Very disgusting piece of shit.

That's one thing I hate about Nigerian women. They may act all meek and submissive while trying to ensnare or deceive you to marry them, but as soon as they are married and feel that they are safe, their disgusting entitlement nasty attitude sets in.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by MeeLan: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2019
imagine somebody's wife not wanting to be seen as somebody's wife, no wonder tubaba made doc without you for years. baby mamarism can damage the brain.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by lele007: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
Shukusheka:
Well she has a name, what is wrong in addressing her by that name?

She's gotta earn it. No one calls Beyonce "Jay-Zs wife". Know why?
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Shukusheka(m): 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
lele007:

She's gotta earn it. No one calls Beyonce "Jay-Zs wife". Know why?
Yes I know why, because Beyonce is an American, a country whose culture don't see a wife as the property of the husband. That's why.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by lele007: 2:12pm On Apr 27, 2019
Shukusheka:
Yes I know why, because Beyonce is an American, a country whose culture don't see a wife as the property of the husband. That's why.

No one calls Madam Oby Ezekwesili "Mr Ezekwesili's wife". Know why? (The you must get sense version)
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Lawrentta16: 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2019
Ciaos:
Tubaba you hear wetin your wife dey talk. Wetin go happen to your children way dey with their mama way you no marry,no be dem and only their mama dey. Madam talking nonsense because tubaba marry am.
terrible one for that matter
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by jbaba2310: 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
grin
Shukusheka:
Well she has a name, what is wrong in addressing her by that name?
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by adinoyi360: 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2019
BackToLife:
It's looking for the next home to break, I rebuke that spirit. You wan use your hand spoil you home abi? Laslas, you eye go.. See: https://www.nairaland.com/5156768/all-muslims-urgently-need-read
that is hid research from my own research Jesus did not die and never resurrected, reading a books written by people who claimed to be a Muslims and later lost their way and became a Christian will and can not change anything..i call MARKETING STRATEGY
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by olajizz01(m): 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
Attention seeker.
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Soulsymbol99: 12:14am On Apr 29, 2019
Without him, who sabi u undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmad Bashir Insinuates Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Doesn't Make Clean Money, Blasted / Fan Joins Jidenna On Stage During Tour, Gives Erotic Dance Moves (video) / Anto Lecky: BBNaija Show Is 'Scripted'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.