Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,535 members, 7,895,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:34 AM

Adekunle Gold On Why He Helped Olawale, Project Fame Winner Turned Uber Driver - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adekunle Gold On Why He Helped Olawale, Project Fame Winner Turned Uber Driver (873 Views)

Why I Dropped Out Of School For Project Fame - Chidinma Ekile / Okiemute Ighorodje Blasts Her Benefactor After Winning MTN Project Fame / Bisola Aiyeola's Throwback Photos At 2008 Project Fame And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adekunle Gold On Why He Helped Olawale, Project Fame Winner Turned Uber Driver by joshuisiukwu: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2019
Adekunle Gold got us quite emotional with his interview on why he decided to help Olawale, the project fame winner turned Uber driver after he saw his viral video. According to Adekunle Gold, he decided to help Olawale after he saw his video because he is all about 'dignity in labour' even though he was trolled on for winning Project Fame winner and ending up becoming an Uber driver. He also went further to give him a song he wrote after an experience in the United States in 2016, ensured he got a studio session and is currently shooting a video for him. 

Speaking at Cool FM, Adekunle said; So there's this guy called Olawale, he won Project Fame and I can't remember which year. When I saw his video that went viral talking about him doing uber and how people have abused him on how do you go from winning Project Fame to riding Uber, and he was just being honest. He was just saying I can't steal, I don't know how to steal, a man has to do what he has to do to fend for himself. And that touched me because that's everything I've always been about. My essence is always just Work. The dignity in labour is underrated in this country. People do so much, but they don't get celebrated. You don't even need to celebrated for what you are doing, but at least get rewarded. So it just touched me 'I should help this guy'.

Also confirming that Adekunle Gold gave him a song he wrote and paid for a studio session, Olawale who shared a screenshot of a message he got from Adekunle Gold wrote on Instagram; 

Here is the rest of the story ...On sept 5, After the video of me on the Riding app surfaced, I got this message from my Oga. And even though he’s not been keen on sharing, my story cannot be complete without thanking him and his amazing team for being true to their word. 

Here is a video of Cool FM interview below;

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/27/adekunle-gold-reveals-why-he-decided-to-help-olawale-project-fame-winner-turned-uber-driver/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Gold On Why He Helped Olawale, Project Fame Winner Turned Uber Driver by kinibd(m): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2019
Nice
Re: Adekunle Gold On Why He Helped Olawale, Project Fame Winner Turned Uber Driver by ojun50(m): 10:09am On Apr 27, 2019
Seun, lala and other mod please find solution to all this bet9ja guys thy are disturbing us here,

3 Likes

Re: Adekunle Gold On Why He Helped Olawale, Project Fame Winner Turned Uber Driver by Jessyjack(f): 10:53am On Apr 27, 2019
Kai...olawale.... !!! such a talented singer...... don't know why it didn't turn out well for him.... I pray this new connection brings him something great....

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Chris Brown Calls Ex-Girlfriend Rihanna A 'Queen' / Daddy Freeze Begins #NotMyHouseChallenge, Recreates Okoro Blessing's Arrest / Updated-Bb naij Gifty Goes Unclad As She Soaks Up The Sun On A Ski Boat (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.