Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,523 members, 7,941,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:12 PM

Help My Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Wife (4126 Views)

My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Wife by portplus: 10:03am On Apr 27, 2019
Hello Fam,

I need candid advice from everyone.

My wife has been a stay at home for over six years now and she is not happy about it.

We have been brainstorming on what to do.

My mother thinks she is lazy but I know that is not true.

Even her mother has been putting pressure on me to establish her(my wife).

I am determined to see her productive this year. But the days are counting very fast.

She lost her job just after our wedding and since then she has not been able to land another one.

I really don't want to bore you guys with the many travails(emotional and financial) we have gone through trying to secure a job for her.

When paid employment was not forthcoming, she went into selling foodstuff and frozen food business.

She was happy doing the business but patronage was slow and she was not good with prices so she made loses and we decided to close the shop because I kept giving her additional finance to keep the business afloat.

She has MSc in Social Works.

Please kindly help advice on job/business idea for a stay at home mum.

Please, she cannot do any MLM stuff because of nature.

Thank you all.

Waiting patiently for your counsels.

#NB: We are currently based in Port Harcourt.
Re: Help My Wife by edoman2016: 10:11am On Apr 27, 2019
portplus:
Hello Fam,

My wife has been a stay at home for over six years now and she is not happy about it.

I am determined to see her productive this year. But the days are counting very fast.

She lost her job just after our wedding and since then she has not been able to land another one.

I really don't want to bore you guys with the many travails(emotional and financial) we have gone through trying to secure a job for her.

She when paid employment was not forthcoming, she went into selling foodstuff and frozen food business.

She was happy doing the business but patronage was slow and she was not good with prices so she made loses and we decided to close the shop because I kept giving her additional finance to keep the business afloat.

Thank you all.

Get a good real estate agent to find a shop in a good location for your wife and patronage won't be a problem again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2019
You need to understand that business isn't for everyone. Anyways, If she cooks well, let her start a food business. You can't go wrong with food. People will eat till they die. As long as she cooks very well, she will get good patronage. Look for a very good location too.

2. Let her learn a skill. She should have an interest in something. Fashion Design. Technology skills. Interior decoration. Let her learn something that'll sell.

I repeat, the LOCATION is very very sacrosanct. It determines the influx of patronage.

11 Likes

Re: Help My Wife by Emmy243shabzyjp(m): 10:23am On Apr 27, 2019
Watsapp me on this number 09030052039.let discuss
portplus:
Hello Fam,

She when paid employment was not forthcoming, she went into selling foodstuff and frozen food business.

Thank you all.

Re: Help My Wife by Chubhie: 10:30am On Apr 27, 2019
edoman2016:

Get a good real estate agent to find a shop in a good location for your wife and patronage won't be a problem again.
Location location location. The wife has shown passion for the job and needs the right location to blow.

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife by Chubhie: 10:31am On Apr 27, 2019
Emmy243shabzyjp:
Let us discuss here.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help My Wife by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2019
You cannot give what you do not have.6 years in both you and your wife haven't been able to collaboratively come up with a plan.This is the truth.You should check yourself first man.How do you inspire your wife to be competitive in the job market.It is clear you are not an inspiration to her since the only business you could come up with was selling and buying.This means you too have shortcomings.What's her resume like?I am sure you have helped her to sort out her resume but then again what substance are you made up of really.Again you cannot give what you do not have.What achievements are represented on her resume.No one will pay a liability money each month for nothing.What value does she bring to the table to command a good paying job?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Wife by egojeny1(f): 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2019
portplus:
Hello Fam,

When paid employment was not forthcoming, she went into selling foodstuff and frozen food business.

Thank you all.

#NB: We are currently based in Port Harcourt.

I love men that think about the well being of their wives, ooh how i wish i can help.
For you to take a bold step and requested for this on NL God will surely grant you ur heart desires.

13 Likes

Re: Help My Wife by chii8(f): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
There are good schools in PH,that will pay her up to 80k,she would have been managing it till the bigger one comes,it will make her leave home neatly dress and come back later to take care of the family on daily bases.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Wife by portplus: 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2019
A big thank you to everyone.

I am taking notes:

1. Look at the option of starting a restaurant.
2. Get a better location and re-invest into the foodstuff and frozen food business
3. Learn new skills that can yield income
4. Consider taking a job as a teacher
5. Improve on herself professionally before seeking paid employment

I am still attentive and open to further suggestions.

8 Likes

Re: Help My Wife by Katier00(f): 4:18am On Apr 28, 2019
portplus:

I am taking notes:

2. Get abtter location and re-invest into the foodstuff and frozen food business

consider online business too

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife by JoannaSedley(f): 5:47am On Apr 28, 2019
In all this, what exactly does she want after being at home for 7years. Rule business out. She can't teach if not she would've gotten a job as a teacher. Let her learn handiwork or get her PhD to lecture.
You just needs to be more enterprising and inspirational or the condition will continue.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Wife by portplus: 10:50am On Apr 28, 2019
Katier00:
consider online business too

Like blogging?

What practical Online Businesses are available?
She won't mind being trained to acquire the required skills.
Please help if you can.
Re: Help My Wife by portplus: 10:51am On Apr 28, 2019
JoannaSedley:
In all this, what exactly does she want after being at home for 7years. Rule business out. She can't teach if not she would've gotten a job as a teacher. Let her learn handiwork or get her PhD to lecture.
You just needs to be more enterprising and inspirational or the condition will continue.

Thanks!
Re: Help My Wife by portplus: 10:52am On Apr 28, 2019
edoman2016:

Thanks!
Re: Help My Wife by portplus: 10:53am On Apr 28, 2019
chii8:
There are good schools in PH,that will pay her up to 80k,she would have been managing it till the bigger one comes,it will make her leave home neatly dress and come back later to take care of the family on daily bases.

Thanks!
Re: Help My Wife by portplus: 10:53am On Apr 28, 2019
orbitalgis:
You cannot give what you do not have.6 years in both you and your wife haven't been able to collaboratively come up with a plan.This is the truth.You should check yourself first man.How do you inspire your wife to be competitive in the job market.It is clear you are not an inspiration to her since the only business you could come up with was selling and buying.This means you too have shortcomings.What's her resume like?I am sure you have helped her to sort out her resume but then again what substance are you made up of really.Again you cannot give what you do not have.What achievements are represented on her resume.No one will pay a liability money each month for nothing.What value does she bring to the table to command a good paying job?

Thanks!
Re: Help My Wife by sisisioge: 11:18am On Apr 28, 2019
portplus:

I am taking notes:

2. Get a better location and re-invest into the foodstuff and frozen food business

While you're exploring these, let's try to explore her true passion and turn it to a cash cow. Does she love caring for kids- Creche. Does she love fashion- she could learn tailoring or hair dressing. Does she love chores-- She could start home cleaning service(no be she go dey clean o, she go dey organise it). Does she love events--- event planning( though too tedious). Etc. After she must have decided/learnt, she should start by offering the service to members of her church for patronage...she will get referrals if she's good. Good luck.

By the way, what's MLM?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Wife by ogawisdom(m): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2019
Anyone that is completely idle as in sit at home 24hrs watching TV is actually lazy. Teaching job is available, the pay may be low but it's a good start and keeps one busy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Wife by portplus: 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2019
sisisioge:

While you're exploring these, let's try to explore her true passion and turn it to a cash cow. Does she love caring for kids- Creche. Does she love fashion- she could learn tailoring or hair dressing. Does she love chores-- She could start home cleaning service(no be she go dey clean o, she go dey organise it). Does she love events--- event planning( though too tedious). Etc. After she must have decided/learnt, she should start by offering the service to members of her church for patronage...she will get referrals if she's good. Good luck.

By the way, what's MLM?

Waooo... have never thought of these options.

Thanks!

MLM-Multi Level Marketing----she is a docile person.
She have invested some funds in some packages like that. It did not work

2 Likes

Re: Help My Wife by portplus: 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2019
ogawisdom:
Anyone that is completely idle as in sit at home 24hrs watching TV is actually lazy. Teaching job is available, the pay may be low but it's a good start and keeps one busy

Thanks!

To fair to her, she is idle watching TV 24hrs.

I sometimes feel she not doing enough.

The skill acquisition and teaching options are coming out strong.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Wife by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2019
portplus:

I am worried about this part though, because Selling foodstuffs like Frozen foods is one of most viable businesses in Nigeria with Maximum profit & Zero losses of you do it in a good area because even during Civil wars, World wars etc, people must by buy food & eat.

If you invest 1M or 1.5M on Frozen foods business in a good POPULATED area, Honestly you should make triple in 4 months, Starting from Turkey, Chicken, Croca fish etc. The woman who owns a frozen food store in my area drives Benz oh!

You need a good capital & a new strategy.

4 Likes

Re: Help My Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2019
portplus:

Thanks!

Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2019
truthsayer009:

I am worried about this part though, because Selling foodstuffs like Frozen foods is one of most viable businesses in Nigeria with Maximum profit & Zero losses of you do it in a good area because even during Civil wars, World wars etc, people must by buy food & eat.

If you invest 1M or 1.5M on Frozen foods business in a good POPULATED area, Honestly you should make triple in 4 months, Starting from Turkey, Chicken, Croca fish etc. The woman who owns a frozen food store in my area drives Benz oh!

You need a good capital & a new strategy.

Very true. All problem just boils down to 'Location'.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Wife by sisisioge: 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
portplus:

Thanks!

Thank you
Re: Help My Wife by piippa(m): 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2019
Chat me up i'll give you a biz idea that can make her 4-5 k daily
Re: Help My Wife by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
6years of full housewifry. You na man! May God continue to strengthen you.

You've got loads of options from everyone here. But Make sure you rule out investing in any business completely! That idea cannot work again.

Learning a skill is the most practical advice. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Help My Wife by bukatyne(f): 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
portplus:

Thanks!

What does she really want to do?

Let's forget all external influences and lay the world at her feet.

All things possible, what does she really really want to do?

2 Likes

Re: Help My Wife by Ishilove: 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2019
bukatyne:

What does she really want to do?

Let's forget all external influences and lay the world at her feet.

All things possible, what does she really really want to do?
She seems like a 'wherever the wind blows' kind of person and is unsure of her true calling in life. Six years is quite a long time to still be floating in uncertain waters

2 Likes

Re: Help My Wife by bukatyne(f): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ishilove:

She seems like a 'wherever the wind blows' kind of person and is unsure of her true calling in life. Six years is quite a long time to still be floating in uncertain waters

True.

Hence she needs to discover what she wants.

And if it is staying at home, so be it.
Re: Help My Wife by Uyi168: 10:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
Emmy243shabzyjp:
So if u discuss the something here, u will die abii

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Wife by Emmy243shabzyjp(m): 11:36pm On Apr 28, 2019
Uyi168:
So if u discuss the something here, u will die abii
The business am saying your wife can do at home or anywhere is vtu business. That's recharge card business. She can buy and sell it to others and she will also earn commission as well. The registration fee is 5k. If you are interested let me know.
How the business works.

You buy airtime you get paid

You sell airtime and data you get paid

You pay for nepa bills you get paid

You pay for TV subscription you get paid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys, My Wedding Is This Coming Saturday / I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please / Can A Mother Know If Her Daughter Is Still A Virgin??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.