Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,383 members, 7,913,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 02:55 PM

How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? (1899 Views)

GTB Mobile Money Transfer - How Secure Is It? / How Secure And Genuine Is It To Buys Things On Alibaba.com? / Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2010
can someone tell me how secure is Letter of Credit L/C in buying goods from abroad . am trying to buy goods from u s with the use of L/C . can it safeguard me against being fraud ? plz advice
Re: How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? by james1(m): 7:54pm On Oct 18, 2010
@poster.The bankers have the answer for this,over to you,bankers.
You may want to post this topic at the bankers forum.
Re: How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? by DanielTos(m): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2010
pleas i need real people to breaf me.
Re: How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? by Fhemmmy: 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
It is as secured as the bank that issued it.
Re: How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? by duzz: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2010
Letter of credit is the only secure way for you to order goods abroad as there is no risk on our side, because your bank have to inspect the goods at arrival and if all that is ordered is complete then the bank will honor the letter if not the will not honor it, as a buyer with LC you have not risk.
Re: How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? by gowaga68: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2010
some letter of Credit are fake, some can be done by 419ers but the original one are sure as bank draft. smiley
Re: How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? by wyt(m): 7:39am On Oct 27, 2010
this is how it works; when your bank opens LC on ur behalf, to a named beneficiary(ie ur seller) when your seller send the goods he wil send the ocean fright document including other document named in the LC such as certificate of origine, commercial invoice, packing list etc to ur bank who will check the docs to see its confirmity with LC docs then will ppay the seller. note that the bnk wil not gurantee the goods sent but will only make sure that what is said to be sent according to the paper was what is in the paper. so to make sure you got your goods in the condition u agrre with your seller, use third party inspection, eg coteckna or so and SGS inspections services and theri certificate of quantity and quality will be part of the docs that the seller will be sending to ur bank.

i rest my case

1 Like

Re: How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? by sinclairda: 10:07am On Nov 03, 2010
let me know what you want to buy,how much and country of purchase I can advise or provide lc for you but you must have 100% cash or 10-20% i show u the secret of lc trading
Abbott Ude
stabbotts@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? by usmanktg2(m): 8:43am On Aug 09, 2022
This is an old thread, anyone with more current information on how this is processed easily in Nigerian banks?
Re: How Secure Is Letter Of Credit ? by StephanyTech: 8:32am On Feb 25
Kindly start the business- We want to see you earning great business revenues through our EURO EXIM BANK SOLUTIONS....our Banking solutions/ Services / Deliverables are
1) We give all type of Lette ro Credits (Byuer/Importers,
2) We given all type of Bank Guarantees (Exporters/ Sellers / Contractors) Three currencies available USD$, GBP & £EUROs
3) OFFSHORE (NEO BANKING ) both Company Current & Personal accounts can operated Three currencies available USD$, GBP & £EUROs - for all your Inward remittences (Receivables) & Outward Remittences (Your vendor /settlements) ,
4 ) ONLINE PG- online payment Gateway services - To received funds and send funds - Pick up any local currencies out of 170/243 countires and settle it in top USD$, GBP & £EUROs.
5) USA market -BOND Fund raise programme for your big projects which is above >USD10Million .

Contact us; 09136096133
Call or WhatsApp us

(1) (Reply)

Laundry And Dry Cleaning Services: / / Forbes List : Aliko Dangote Of Nigeria Is Africa's Richest Person / 5 Reasons Why Most People Don't Succeed In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.