Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,404 members, 7,978,276 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:37 AM

How Do I Remove This Nasty Malware? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Remove This Nasty Malware? (918 Views)

A Dangerous Malware Known As Ransom32 Discovered - Laptop Owners Beware / How Do I Remove This Virus "ahsan Mana Khan Bhutta" From My System? / How Do I Remove A Windows Multiple Boot Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Remove This Nasty Malware? by cashflowpc(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2007
Please Does Anyone know How to get Rid of this nasty malware, I recieved this nasty link (http://quiknews.info) ( do not open it) from a friend and since then, it has stayed parmanently on my home page. I can't change my home page again.

Please Does anyone know how to remove it?

I will be very glad to hear from you guys.

Thanks
Re: How Do I Remove This Nasty Malware? by savesoul(m): 11:18pm On May 01, 2007
Format your system!!!
Re: How Do I Remove This Nasty Malware? by rozilla(m): 3:27am On May 02, 2007
Re: How Do I Remove This Nasty Malware? by nazzyon(m): 3:49am On May 02, 2007
Use the google search on Nairaland.

Lots of post are available
Re: How Do I Remove This Nasty Malware? by sholatech(m): 12:06am On May 04, 2007
Man, i know what you are facing as i was infected with this virus via my yahoo messenger and this nasty virus is infecting computer systems worldwide very fast.

After battling with it for 3 months, i got a solution yesterday, and that's the Good news.

This is a full proof means of getting rid of the malware:

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop. (go to http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.zip)

Note: You will need to print or copy these instructions because you will be working in Safe Mode without an Internet connection.

Reboot into SAFE MODE
To get into the Windows XP Safe Mode, restart your computer and, just before Windows starts to load, tap the F8 key a few times. Choose Safe Mode from the menu that will appear and press Enter.
- Choose your usual account.
• In Safe Mode, right-click the SDFix.zip folder and choose Extract All,
• Open the extracted folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
• Type Y to begin the script.
• It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
• Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
• Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.
• When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.

Let me know if successful, and also, it means you need to get a better antivirus!
Re: How Do I Remove This Nasty Malware? by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 04, 2007
if the tool doesn't work, refer to this post. it may help.it's basically the process i used.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-49446.0.html
Re: How Do I Remove This Nasty Malware? by cashflowpc(m): 10:20pm On May 07, 2007
Thanks Guys,

@Sholatech, Thanks so much. I did all that you said. The Virus has finally gone.

It worked for me too.

Thanks so much.
Re: How Do I Remove This Nasty Malware? by Jackelony(m): 4:32pm On May 09, 2007
@sholatech

Guy, God'll bless ur generation, Amen!
Following ur instructions (though not very detailed), my PC now has a new lease of life.
Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Why Buy A Laptop When You Can Lease One / Can't Find Icon On Taskbar / My Flash Oooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.