Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,970 members, 7,873,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs (16355 Views)

Immigration Clears 60,000 Passport Backlogs In 4 Days – Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo / Tunji-ojo Orders Clearance Of 200,000 Passport Backlogs Within Two Weeks / Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto Playing Cricket In Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 29, 2019
When impunity and religious bigotry reign over merit and truth, such is expected. They used sentiments in dropping faleke, who had a joint ticket with late audu, almost being declared winner . They went and upturned their mandate and gave it to somebody who didn't sweat for it all in the name of religious affiliation. Kogi people, deal with that
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by UbaGwele: 6:19am On Apr 29, 2019
[quote author=Doald7171 post=77940428][/quote]

No government owed staff eight months salary. It was four months. Bello met four months arrears and turned it to 38 months. Magician governor. The writer is a liar who just wrote after his hands were greased. No facts no research just empty write up.

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by darqly(m): 6:22am On Apr 29, 2019
Yahaya Bello is a useless individual and miserable excuse for a leader. His minders and assistants are no better because they've seen how clueless their principal is well, that's why you have most of them running interference for PMB instead of Bello. Young men, behaving like fools just because of "power" and access to state funds. If the APC doesn't lose that state, then I don't know what injustice is. PDP should do well to field a decent, acceptable and competent candidate in November. All this their consensus nonsense has not worked in the past. Yahaya Bello, and to think that I have friends in his govt that have also become fools because of him.
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by Teespice(f): 6:43am On Apr 29, 2019
Epistle according to the psychophants (sic)of yahaya Bello.

is he owing salaries irrespective of government bailouts doled out to the state?

if so, let him forget second term.the man is an abysmal failure.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by Reference(m): 7:19am On Apr 29, 2019
abnot:
The foundational principles of Nigeria is still affecting Nigeria and Nigerians. States with no form of independence were created to satisfy ethnic and political desires. They all end up relying on the federal government for funding for both recurrence and capital expenditures.
On the part of the people they feel it’s okay to find themselves on the government payroll and get paid every 30 days like some sort of welfare system. Many states are being run with this sort of mode. If my employer does not pay me I’ll consider that as a breach of contract and quit or redirect my services to other ventures . Why do this people keep complaining and complaining ? Have they ever asked themselves the source of these monies? States like Kogi are not economically viable and the earlier the people realise this and adjust accordingly the better.

If only 5 percent of Nigerians think like you, this country will change for the better.
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by MNDY(m): 7:23am On Apr 29, 2019
vigopress:
*Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy of Salary Backlogs*

Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello is one of the most criticized governors in Nigeria due to perceived inability to clear salary backlogs which predated his administration. It's a known fact that the dwindling in oil revenue since 2014 led to decrease in monthly allocation to states from federation account, thus hindering smooth running of government activities including payment of workers' salaries and pensions.

Although, federal government under the watch of President Muhammadu Buhari released bail out fund for states to pay outstanding salaries but the Kogi experience was different as Governor Yahaya Bello met worse situation on ground. The unfriendly situation he met upon assumption of office in January 2016 include; outstanding salaries/pensions (eight months for State workforce and 25 months percentage for LG workers), porous civil service administration/payroll system and FG dependent economy.

Therefore, the governor introduced screening exercise for workforce to sanitize the civil service as well as clean up the payroll. This move was part of holistic approach geared towards actualising *The New Direction Agenda for Kogi* and put the confluence state on path of sustainable progress.

Admittedly, the screening process affected salary/pension payment but it's a child necessity like Treasury Single Account (TSA), Bank Verification Number (BVN), Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) and Biometric Data Verification for pensioners implemented by President Muhammadu Buhari at the federal level. The screening exercise that covers certificate verification, Biometric Data Capturing and forensic investigations led to discovery of over 5000 ghost workers with additional 5000 others culpable of certificate forgery and other sharp practices. The sanitization of payroll system is going gradually in many states of the federation. Osun state government recently uncovered about 1000 staff involved in certificate infractions while neighbouring states: Kwara, Nasarawa and Ekiti have done the same.

However, some mafias and politicians are cashing on the pathetic situation which calls for sober reflections to dent the image of Governor Yahaya Bello as well as overblown it for selfish interest. For records, many states including those receiving higher allocation than Kogi are still battling with issue of salary backlogs even up to 24months percentage.

Furthermore, the fifth columnists have turned this emotional issue to daily topic by spreading false information to rubbish APC led government in Kogi state. Hence, the need to set the record straight as Kogi state average monthly allocation before 2018 is N2.5billion and currently at N3.5-4billion with wage bill of N2.8billion. Apart from that, the state also needs use the scarce resources to provide social amenities, infrastructure, attend to every sector, meet yearning of artisans, traders and other stratum of the society, run government activities and service loan.

Despite the backbreaking challenges Governor Bello has reduced the salary arrears to four months for Kogi State Government workers except for judicial staff while Local government staffers are owed about 30months percentage (not full salary) and paying pensioners base on availability of fund.

It's noteworthy that the energetic and resourceful governor was able to achieve this through significant improvement in Kogi state Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) from N300million to over N1billion monthly, block leakages in government activities and innovate processes assisting the state to get value for money.

It's therefore imperative for civil servants to continue to show understanding and avoid temptation for desperate politicians scheming at using them against the state government while Kogites should keep hope alive because Governor Yahaya Bello is committed towards making Kogi a better place for all

Media Strike Squad

http://factualtimesng.com/yahaya-bello-the-unending-controversy-of-salary-backlogs/

OP, if you wrote this, the following curses will materialize in your life as I voice them with the backing of all the victims of Bello's torture.

But if you did not write it yourself, the curses will materialize in the life of the original writer. As an Igala man, I hereby declare the following words:

"You and your family will know no peace and bitterness will be your portion for the rest of the days of your life."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by abraham01emma01: 7:26am On Apr 29, 2019
Yahaya Bello paying them their salaries.
GYB screening is the signs incompetency because some genuine staff were laidoff and added their own brethren during screening.

This modern or computer age, we cannot be arguing on either he owed workers or not, let us do it in this way and end the argument .
1. All cleared staff should submit their statement of account from February 2016 to date.
2. Check their normal level and grade with what their receiving to see abnormalities in their payment.etc
Our people said 'Good record can never lie'
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by iamfromlagos(f): 7:41am On Apr 29, 2019
vigopress:
*Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy of Salary Backlogs*

Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello is one of the most criticized governors in Nigeria due to perceived inability to clear salary backlogs which predated his administration. It's a known fact that the dwindling in oil revenue since 2014 led to decrease in monthly allocation to states from federation account, thus hindering smooth running of government activities including payment of workers' salaries and pensions.

Although, federal government under the watch of President Muhammadu Buhari released bail out fund for states to pay outstanding salaries but the Kogi experience was different as Governor Yahaya Bello met worse situation on ground. The unfriendly situation he met upon assumption of office in January 2016 include; outstanding salaries/pensions (eight months for State workforce and 25 months percentage for LG workers), porous civil service administration/payroll system and FG dependent economy.

Therefore, the governor introduced screening exercise for workforce to sanitize the civil service as well as clean up the payroll. This move was part of holistic approach geared towards actualising *The New Direction Agenda for Kogi* and put the confluence state on path of sustainable progress.

Admittedly, the screening process affected salary/pension payment but it's a child necessity like Treasury Single Account (TSA), Bank Verification Number (BVN), Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) and Biometric Data Verification for pensioners implemented by President Muhammadu Buhari at the federal level. The screening exercise that covers certificate verification, Biometric Data Capturing and forensic investigations led to discovery of over 5000 ghost workers with additional 5000 others culpable of certificate forgery and other sharp practices. The sanitization of payroll system is going gradually in many states of the federation. Osun state government recently uncovered about 1000 staff involved in certificate infractions while neighbouring states: Kwara, Nasarawa and Ekiti have done the same.

However, some mafias and politicians are cashing on the pathetic situation which calls for sober reflections to dent the image of Governor Yahaya Bello as well as overblown it for selfish interest. For records, many states including those receiving higher allocation than Kogi are still battling with issue of salary backlogs even up to 24months percentage.

Furthermore, the fifth columnists have turned this emotional issue to daily topic by spreading false information to rubbish APC led government in Kogi state. Hence, the need to set the record straight as Kogi state average monthly allocation before 2018 is N2.5billion and currently at N3.5-4billion with wage bill of N2.8billion. Apart from that, the state also needs use the scarce resources to provide social amenities, infrastructure, attend to every sector, meet yearning of artisans, traders and other stratum of the society, run government activities and service loan.

Despite the backbreaking challenges Governor Bello has reduced the salary arrears to four months for Kogi State Government workers except for judicial staff while Local government staffers are owed about 30months percentage (not full salary) and paying pensioners base on availability of fund.

It's noteworthy that the energetic and resourceful governor was able to achieve this through significant improvement in Kogi state Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) from N300million to over N1billion monthly, block leakages in government activities and innovate processes assisting the state to get value for money.

It's therefore imperative for civil servants to continue to show understanding and avoid temptation for desperate politicians scheming at using them against the state government while Kogites should keep hope alive because Governor Yahaya Bello is committed towards making Kogi a better place for all

Media Strike Squad

http://factualtimesng.com/yahaya-bello-the-unending-controversy-of-salary-backlogs/
And you had to post this rubbish?
How much were you paid to defend this heartless man?
Well, his fate lies in the hands of Kogi electorates.
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by otokx(m): 7:41am On Apr 29, 2019
Yahaya Bello we hear is one of the youngest governors, hope this is not the case of the son of Solomon?
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by ozo13(m): 8:06am On Apr 29, 2019
the thing tire me
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by ozo13(m): 8:08am On Apr 29, 2019
the thing tire me.they claim he is receiving 3 to 4 billion every month and he is receiving IGR of 1billion.
Wage bill is 2.5billion. Even if he can't use half of thr allocation+IGR to pay the full monthly salary why can't he use like part of the cash to pay like 70% every month.this kinda of explanation they r giving us will only be understood if people are seeing effort from him not the 20% salary he is dishing out to the workers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by Adekdammy: 8:32am On Apr 29, 2019
How much were you paid for this PR , may your life be run the way yahya bello is running kogi state, amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by Rainmaker3: 8:36am On Apr 29, 2019
This is why i always say, the nigerian project is a scam, some state are not worthy to be called states, and our stupid onesided constitutions is to be blamed.
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by liver123(m): 9:13am On Apr 29, 2019
Idiot, who do you want to deceive with this article
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by F3dan: 10:40am On Apr 29, 2019
mathinips:
The truth

Bro can you send me the attached photo?
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by MikeBetty(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2019
tiredoflife:

How will oil become useless
U guys just say anything u like to sound witty
Have they being able to invent 100% efficient batteries
The electric cars
Won't they run from power stations that rely on oil
Anyway what do I know
The lie that oil will be useless can only be sold to fools
Make we dey look una
What Will You Call The Situation Whereby The Price Of Crude Oil Goes For $10 Per Barrel In The International Market Compared To Now That It Is Up To $70 Per Barrel? What Will You Call A Situation Whereby You Can Produce 3m Barrels Per Day But Can Not Sell It Because Of Low Demand In The International Community/market? Who Told You That Car Batteries Cannot Be Mass Produced? Did You Know The Law Of Demand And Supply? Have you Researched And Discovered That Battery Producers Are Producing Less Than The Market Demand? Keep Quiet If You Dont Know Anything.
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by MikeBetty(m): 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2019
tiredoflife:

How will oil become useless
U guys just say anything u like to sound witty
Have they being able to invent 100% efficient batteries
The electric cars
Won't they run from power stations that rely on oil
Anyway what do I know
The lie that oil will be useless can only be sold to fools
Make we dey look una
What Will You Call A Situation When The Price Of The Oil Drop From Present $70 Per Barrel To $10 Per Barrel? What Will You Call A Situation When We Produce 3m Barrel Per Day Without Selling Upto Half Of It Because Of Low Demand In International Market? Who Told You That Car/battery Manufacturerers Can Not Meet The Battery Demands? What Did You Know About Law Of Demand And Supply? Have You Witness Scarcity Of Battery In The Market Before? Dont Say What You Dont Know.
Re: Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs by tiredoflife(m): 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2019
MikeBetty:
What Will You Call A Situation When The Price Of The Oil Drop From Present $70 Per Barrel To $10 Per Barrel? What Will You Call A Situation When We Produce 3m Barrel Per Day Without Selling Upto Half Of It Because Of Low Demand In International Market? Who Told You That Car/battery Manufacturerers Can Not Meet The Battery Demands? What Did You Know About Law Of Demand And Supply? Have You Witness Scarcity Of Battery In The Market Before? Dont Say What You Dont Know.

Why not wait till it gets to $10
Cos u didn't sell doesn't mean others don't sell
U dey ask me wetin I know about supply and demand
U see how u will sit behind ur phone and think all the people u see online are dumbos
Oga I trade financial instruments online
Since 2008
I trade forex
I trade gold
I trade oil
I trade crypto
I trade Dow Jones
I trade dax
I can go on and on
So while u say things be careful
Not all u see is a dumbo
And for battery
The technology has not be fully achieved tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NERC Orders Suspension Of Electricity Tariff Hike For 14 Days / Adegboruwa: Herdsmen's Actions Illegal, Presidency Misinterpreted Constitution / Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.