Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:43 AM

Nigerian Expressions - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Expressions (2587 Views)

Yoruba Words And Expressions With No Synonyms In The English Language / And To Which Language Do These Famous Naija Expressions Belong? / Some Expressions In Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Expressions by tlo(f): 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2010
What's this new trend, you get to work in the morning and you are asked 'How was your night', why the heck would any one want to know how my night was. Correct me if I'm wrong but no one used that expression when we were growing up.

How about people who say "I am going to catch my fun this holiday".

What other Nigerian expressions baffle you
Re: Nigerian Expressions by DonOvero: 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2010
'Who born dog'

'i go pieces your yash'

'you de craze'

(1) (Reply)

The Hypocrisy Of The Modern African / What Does Your Name (foreign) Really Mean? / Pictures From Oru-owerri Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.