Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,614 members, 7,979,078 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:55 PM

Why I Can't Recognise Buhari As President- Elect - Ayo Adebanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Can't Recognise Buhari As President- Elect - Ayo Adebanjo (473 Views)

Ayo Adebanjo: Like Abacha, God Will Deliver Nigerians From Buhari / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / Fani-kayode Wants Ayo Adebanjo Arrested For Not Recognizing Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Can't Recognise Buhari As President- Elect - Ayo Adebanjo by hisexcellency34: 10:07am On Apr 29, 2019
Chief Ayo Adebanjo, elder statesman and leader of pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, has described the 2019 presidential election won by President Muhammadu Buhari as a farce, saying he could not recognise him as president-elect.

In a chat with Daily Independent, Adebanjo expressed optimism that Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), would reclaim his mandate at the court.

He said the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) wrongly declared President Buhari as winner of the election.

He said: “The election was a farce. I don’t regard Buhari as president. Buhari was wrongly declared winner by Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). When we get to court, we would know who the real president is.

“How can you call Buhari president with the way the presidential election was conducted in a 21st century Nigeria? Look at the elections, they were completely militarised. Corps members were openly kidnapped to rig the elections.

“Nobody would tell me such elections would be recognised by the court. We would not be violent. Let the court not ignore the evidence that would be put before it.”

Also speaking on the performance of Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, Chairman of INEC, Adebanjo described it as woeful.

He said the 2019 election conducted under his watch was the worst in Nigeria’s history.

“He has performed below expectation. This election is one of the worst in the country’s history. The misrepresentation of Atiku at the collation centres, the cancelled votes and other irregularities show that there was no free and fair election.

“In so many states, there were irregularities. If you look at it well, Atiku won by more than three million votes, which Buhari claimed to have won.

“We would place all our facts in the judiciary and we know they would deliver.

https://www.independent.ng/i-cant-regard-buhari-as-president-elect-ayo-adebanjo/

Re: Why I Can't Recognise Buhari As President- Elect - Ayo Adebanjo by haffaze777(m): 10:12am On Apr 29, 2019
When did this man become PDP spokeman?
Re: Why I Can't Recognise Buhari As President- Elect - Ayo Adebanjo by pdppower: 10:14am On Apr 29, 2019
You don't need to sir. Fifteen million Nigerians already do.
Re: Why I Can't Recognise Buhari As President- Elect - Ayo Adebanjo by mathinips(m): 10:20am On Apr 29, 2019
We dont all hv to accept, but we got no choice. Majority have decided. Let wait until after court declare him
Re: Why I Can't Recognise Buhari As President- Elect - Ayo Adebanjo by festacman(m): 10:22am On Apr 29, 2019
Next Level jare!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Should Copy Ghana: Integrate ECOWAS ID To National ID / Ekiti State Development Thread / Lagos Neighbourhood Security Corps Officials Parade Ahead Of Inauguration (video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.