Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,296 members, 7,881,093 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:16 PM

Between Success And Failure - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Between Success And Failure (262 Views)

Sapele Schoolgirl, Success And Her Parents Speak On How Their Lives Have Changed / The Formula For Success (and Failure) / Success And Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Success And Failure by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2019

Sometimes back, I asked a question on the social network about the difference between doing something to succeed and doing it not to fail and of course there were varying answers but I will explain my point with a football match setting (well I am not much of a football person though).

In a football match between two teams for instance Kano Pillars FC and Eyimba FC. In the early hours of the match, particularly the first half, each team strives to net in goal(s) against the opponent. This I'll describe as ATTACKING OR STRIKING which explains the first point of doing something to succeed. In this scenario, an individual or team is on the go to be ahead by taking charge or topping the game by giving all it takes.

On the other hand, when either of the teams do not go for a goal, they are likely to DEFEND their goal post from conceding any goals. This is likely to happen towards the end of the second half or extra time. As much as each teams wants a goal, perhaps to hit or break a tie, they'll also want to defend their goal posts as much as possible not to get scored. This is likened to doing something not to fail or perhaps not losing.

From another point of view, a student reading to succeed is aiming for very good marks or grades and the other reading not to fail is psychological oriented not just to fail but just to have any mark as long as it free and far from the bondage of being a failure.

Many a time, I have heard speakers say "you need to fail", "fail big", "you need to have failed to be successful" and many more of such things. Personally, which I believe a number people will also agree to some extent is "FAILURE IS NEVER PLANNED". Yes I'll say that again "FAILURE IS NEVER PLANNED". Even though a number successful people might have failed before, they were able to refire their success shotgun back at failure. Therefore they might have failed but at the instance they ventured into whatever it is they were doing, it was never with the thoughts of failing in it or perhaps I haven't read wide enough on history to find that out.

I can categorically then say FAILURE IS NOT PLANNED but we are never immune to it; SUCCESS IS PLANNED but we are never certain about it. All of the failures we might have undergone will be part of our life's experiences. I have had a course to discuss with someone on a matter regarding success and failure before, he was of the opinion that one should not read success stories but failure stories because he felt failure stories will teach us not to fail. But of course, you can guess my stand! What's the point of reading failure stories that does not have success in it, but tell me the success stories that does not have failure or challenges in them. As much as I don't disagree that reading failure stories is bad, reading success stories is better!

Like the saying goes, "if one learns from his life's experience, he's intelligent; when he does from that of others, he has wisdom".

As much as I agree that success and failure can be cumulative and in other cases instantaneous, it is important that a lot of things have parts to play there. Whence, this should not be a barricade to us for what we want. We need not to be a PhD holder but can apply the principles dearly: Prayer, Hardwork and Dedication. I hope this is worth a read, as I am still on my journey to being successful too just like you.

https://balogunidowu./2019/04/29/between-success-and-failure/

Balogun idowu ismaheel
indigenousGenius
Medicine and surgery
400L, LASU

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Yaba Tech I.T Student Caught On CCTV Stealing / 2019/2020 University Of Ilorin Aspirants Whatsapp Group Chat / Australian Catholic University Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.