Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,715 members, 7,918,204 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 04:26 AM

Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate (1149 Views)

8 Governors Who Have No Business Building Airports / Amaechi Has No Business Being A Minister!!! / Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Afam4eva(m): 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2010
I've come to realise that there are countries that are too similar. Both in culture, accent, food etc. Although there are slight differences, you can't really tell the difference between natives of such countries. Here are my list of such countries.

(1) USA and Canada : The US and English Canada are very identical. It's hard for you to differentiate between americans and Canadians. Some hollywood actors you thought were americans are actually canadians. They usually play the same sports league. NBA, NFL etc.

(2) Australia and New Zealand : These two countries have very identical or the same accent. It's like Abia and Imo state having their seperate country.

(3) England, Scotland, wales, N Ireland and even Ireland : Even though i hear that the last four have thri own language which are almost extinct. They all sound and look alike. And need i say that they are the most confused country in the world. Whi is that Great britain sends a team to the Olympics but they don't send one team to the world cup. Instead you see England or any other country.

I'll come back with more/
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by saintneo(m): 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2010
dude i believe that you do not know history or you want to reconstruct the world using ur fantasies.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Afam4eva(m): 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2010
saintneo:

dude i believe that you do not know history or you want to reconstruct the world using your fantasies.

Maybe you can quote where i made the assertion that these countries have the same history. i'm simply saying that they're way of life, language, accen are too identical.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by cheaphost: 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2010
Afam4ever, I think i'll have to agree with you especially with repect to USA and Canada.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by KnowAll(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2010
Irish, Scottish accent are different from England's accent, in fact England has a different accent between d South, Midlands and Northern accents.

To burst your bubble the Cornish in SW England have a distint language and culture so also is the Welsh language widly spoken especially in d welsh highlands.

Every English signboard in Wales is interpreted into welsh so your Kindergateen theory needs more thorough research otherwise u look like a man who has being marooned in a desert island for decades, who has only  just manage to escape into civilisation , clueless as ever but priveledge to get on-line & yearn dust.  undecided
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2010
KnowAll:

Irish, Scottish accent are different from England's accent, in fact England has a different accent between d South, Midlands and Northern accents.

Where did i every state that they have the same accent. I always used the word Similar and mind you it's not accent i made reference to.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Gamine(f): 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2010
How the crack can an outsider assume this  undecided undecided

You would be the first to scream when someone says Africa is a country.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Afam4eva(m): 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2010
@ Gamine and Knowall

I guess it's because you guys live in the UK and know a lot about these groups than i do. I guess i'm looking at them with the eye of an outsider. I've studied this groups closely and noticed how similar they are. Once again i'm not saying they are the same. stop quoting me wrong.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by KnowAll(m): 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2010

Where did i every state that they have the same accent. I always used the word Similar and mind you it's not accent i made reference to.

In d 1950s & 1960s there use to be signs on door post, landlords abhore Blacks & Irish so they put up derogatory signs " No Irish, No Blacks, & No dogs,"  if the English & Irish are similar such blatant racist language would have being unheard off.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Gamine(f): 4:03pm On Sep 19, 2010
afam4eva:

@ Gamine and Knowall

I guess it's because you guys live in the UK and know a lot about these groups than i do. I guess i'm looking at them with the eye of an outsider. I've studied this groups closely and noticed how similar they are. Once again i'm not saying they are the same. stop quoting me wrong.

No one is quoting you wrong, By your basis of similarity, I'd say Africa should be one country.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Afam4eva(m): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2010
Gamine:

No one is quoting you wrong, By your basis of similarity, I'd say Africa should be one country.

So Nigeria is similar to Egypt abi? Pls stop diverting issues.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by idupaul: 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2010
Niger and core northern Nigeria
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Afam4eva(m): 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2010
idupaul:

Yep.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Afam4eva(m): 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2010
I also noticed Germany and Austria seem kind of similar.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by MaziUche0(m): 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2010
I do not agree with you OP.

People still speak the Gaelic languages of Irish, Scottish and Welsh. If you go to the rural areas of Ireland, you will hear the people speaking Irish, which has nothing in common with English. The same goes for Scottish and Welsh. Plus, there has been a revival in their language.

Also, the history of the other countries you mentioned is quite complex and their history are different. Canada has always been its own nation, because it went a different route from the United States. Just because they were founded by the same parent country, does not make them the same.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by bawomolo(m): 4:23pm On Sep 19, 2010
canada actually have their separate football league which is the CFL.   yes a few canadian teams play in the NHL and the NBA but canada does have its own sport organization.   would french canada fit in with the US?
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by MaziUche0(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2010
bawomolo:

canada actually have their separate football league which is the CFL.   yes a few canadian teams play in the NHL and the NBA but canada does have its own sport organization.   would french canada fit in with the US?

Well French Canada could fit into the U.S, because you should know, some areas of the U.S. has been speaking French even before the country was founded.

If you go to Louisiana, you will still hear French (French Creole) being spoken by the inhabitants. The same can be found in the northern parts of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by KnowAll(m): 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2010

Yep.

Another wrong conception

It is more like Southern Niger Rep and Core Northern Nigeria that are similar, the Northern Niger Rep are Tuaregs and they are fighting for resource control like the Niger Deltans in Nigeria. The Tuaregs are a distinct race entirely, not Hausa OR Fulani more like Barbers.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by MaziUche0(m): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2010
KnowAll:

Another wrong conception

It is more like Southern Niger Rep and Core Northern Nigeria that are similar, the Northern Niger Rep are Tuaregs and they are fighting for resource control like the Niger Deltans in Nigeria. The Tuaregs are a distinct race entirely, not Hausa OR Fulani more like Barbers.

Very true! The Tuareg used to be the most feared Berber group in North Africa. Even the Arabs feared their ferocity in battle.

Northern Nigeria, Northern Benin and Southern Niger should be a country.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by ada24: 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2010
does poster even know the history of the UK b4 he starts saying that england, scotland and wales should be one, my friend go and rent braveheart DVD to brush up on ur history for a start and then come back.

U don't know b4 blacks came to england the posters used to be no dogs and no irish, na wah for some people. abeg i'm no historian but i think all four countries like the current status quo,
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by ijawgirl: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2010
I never understood England and Wales
I still consider pple of Wales british  tongue

Canada and USA hmm
Canadians are just laid back
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by ada24: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2010
ijaw_girl:

I never understood England and Wales
I still consider pple of Wales british  tongue

Canada and USA hmm
Canadians are just laid back

ummmmmmm wales is in Britain Scotland is in Britain England is in Britain and northern Ireland is in Britain, separate nations/countires or territories (call them what u want) make up Great Britain, as in there is no such thing as a welsh passport but as Ireland is a separate country one can acquire an irish passport and this is not the same as a british passport.

can't comment on the other nations - don't know enough about their history
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Gamine(f): 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2010
afam4eva:

So Nigeria is similar to Egypt abi? Pls stop diverting issues.

What is dissimilar?
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by KnowAll(m): 5:04pm On Sep 19, 2010
I still consider pple of Wales british

British is a term like Nigerian, it encompasses all four nations, England, Scotland, Wales and NI. It also include every other race born on the these ISLANDs that is Nigerian, Ghanian, Jamaican , Pakistani India, Chinese e.t.c. can also be called British.

But the term in English is used for the indigenious people although some balcks call themselves Black English,  most natives frown at such pronunciation, they believe that word must be reserved for indiginious people as the last bastion for self preservation and identitfication.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Afam4eva(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2010
bawomolo:

I specifically made reference to English canada and you're bringing up French Canada. And yes why can't french canada fit in with the US. Afterall spanish is also spoken in the US.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by saintneo(m): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2010
afam4eva:

Maybe you can quote where i made the assertion that these countries have the same history. i'm simply saying that they're way of life, language, accen are too identical.
let me indulge you in my own dream. i think the whole of ECOWAS and the central African countries should merge and become one country. we play similar football, also best football exports from Africa. our leadership has being constantly bleeped by corruption, military coups and colonial masters. [s]we all belong to the same family language group(i might be wrong in this one). Igbo people have communities in these countries, at least we will take over the world in that union (thinking like little Hitler)[/s] grin grin grin grin grin. we share same west coast of africa, the main ports for slavery during the slavery days. the entire civilised world has being milking us jointly and separately without our knowing - petroleum, other solid and fluid resources, human resources (intelligent and physical people).

If only, this union is formed -  ECOWAS, Cameroun, CAR, Eq Guinea, S&P (that small island where OBJ wanted to demonstrate Naija powers), etc merge together to form a formidable economic force that to counter-balance the EU, American and Asian economies.

reader beware: Some of these thoughts is just for stimulation of the mind.

Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by T9ksy(m): 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2010
Gosh! What an oxymoron!!!

I believe some people just post here to exhibit their ignorance.
or is it a case of them not been aware of their ignorance?

What's similar between the welsh and the irish? or the scottish and the english (not british)?
yeah,like someone opined earlier, Africa should be one country, afterall we play the same kind of football
, look alike and sound alike.
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by NigeriaKwenu(m): 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
-
Re: Countries That Have No Business Being Seperate by Musiwa2: 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2012
f

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala, Maduekwe, Others Blast Abia Gov / I Weep For My Country. / Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.