Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,914 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:03 AM

Anambra Lawmaker Dumps APGA For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Lawmaker Dumps APGA For APC (242 Views)

Igbo Elders Endorse Peter Umeadi Of APGA For President / Another Akwa Ibom Lawmaker Dumps PDP For APC, Assures Ekere Of Victory / Sokoto Lawmaker Dumps APC After Losing Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Anambra Lawmaker Dumps APGA For APC by umahiprinceblog(m): 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2019
An All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) lawmaker representing Aguata 11 at the Anambra House of Assembly, Mr Ikem Uzozie, has defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Uzozie, who announced his defection on the floor of the House on Tuesday, said: “Mr Speaker, I want to thank my colleagues in the House for their prayers and support while I was away for medical reasons.

“I want to also announce to you that I have left my former party, APGA, to a new party, the APC for reasons best known to me.”

NAN recalls that Uzozie emerged as factional speaker after the unsuccessful attempt by members to impeach the Speaker Rita Maduagwu.

He was suspended alongside two others by APGA over allegations of anti-party activities and being the arrowhead of the crisis that rocked the Anambra House of Assembly last November.

Speaking to newsmen, the two-term member of the House said he left APGA to enjoy greater peace of mind as the party has refused to reverse his suspension of more than five months after.

He said the party had..........Continue reading: https://www.newsvib.com/2019/04/anambra-lawmaker-dumps-apga-for-apc.html
Re: Anambra Lawmaker Dumps APGA For APC by Mynd44: 6:49pm On Apr 30, 2019

(1)

Rivers State Govt. Lifts Embargo On Promotions / Workers Day: Rivers Government Lifts Ban On Workers’ Promotion / Tribunal Orders INEC To Allow PDP Inspect Election Materials In A’ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.