Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,395 members, 7,974,639 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 08:51 AM

The Second Recession: Are We Not Already Down To Zero? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Second Recession: Are We Not Already Down To Zero? (699 Views)

How Are U Coping During This Recession. ARE YOU OKAY? / Nigeria May Enter Second Recession In Four Years- Buhari / Clem Agba: We Are Heading For Second Recession In Four Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Second Recession: Are We Not Already Down To Zero? by desmond2pk: 3:59am On May 01, 2019
Recently politicians have been Warning " us " about an impending recession termed the "second recession " under Buhari.
Whoever told you that the first recession has ended has just performed on you what APC performed on Nigerians:
That truth is this: there has never been a time in the history of Nigeria as bad as this economically. Nigerians are down to zero. The next level is mass starvation which is a different level altogether.
There are some information you don't need the Central bank of Nigeria to tell you.
Our markets are dry. Things are very expensive that people don't buy any more.
The middle class has vaporized. The lower class is been starved of cash to move on. The society financially is down to it lowest level.
A visit to any of the markets around would give you a better picture. The ever bubbling lagos island idumota is now a shadow of itself. The roads are so scanty of vehicle nowadays you would begin to wonder what happened to Nigerians.
Where did everybody go?
When i closed the Victoria island branch of office in January 2016, i wrote about it here that bank staffs, banks, and other cooperate organizations that used pratronize me were no longer coming, that something is happening to the economy. Buharists shot me down immediately that i was used to Jonathan stolen money, that my business is down because there is no more free money. Now everything is down but politics.
The government can go on and increase the price of petroluem products. They have achieved their aims if it was to incapacitate Nigerians with poverty. I do not think NIgerians have energy to protest against the government any more. Its no longer the period millions gathered at ojota to sing and dance in protest. Nobody has the strength anymore. Nobody can sing anymore. And nobody can dance either. There is an unprecedented hunger in Nigeria. And no solution in sight but warning of more hunger by the politicians we voted and didn't vote for.
Re: The Second Recession: Are We Not Already Down To Zero? by orisa37: 6:29am On May 01, 2019
We are in Depression.

(1) (Reply)

OHANAEZE Speaks On Igbo Origin / OIC To Support Nigeria, Others To Fight Terrorism, Organised Crime / Obasanjo’s Remarks On Fulanisation/islamization: Frustration Or A Gimmick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.